My Diary

I completely understand that, I was determined to be 11 stone by Conals birthday in March but all I did from 1st December was yo-yo the same 7-10lbs over & over again but now I think my head is in the right place. All we can do is take a day at a time hey xx

I'm glad you're feeling positive, and taking a step back to look at the big picture and figure out what is going to work of you. The belief in yourself is what will get you to you're ultimate goal. Sounds like you've worked out that you are doing this for the most important reason, not for a reunion or a holiday, but for you! I think that is fantastic x

So tonight I did something that I have NEVER done before and I am feeling very proud of myself. Dinner out tonight with my many and varied siblings plus husbands/wives/kids and my Mum and I ordered ONE course which was a (small) sirloin steak with veg and that was it! Everyone else had 2 course each with wine etc, I drove so no wine and because we were out early because of the kids I was able to go out for a walk when we got back, did 2.5 miles on top of nearly 4 miles this morning. I feel really good, very glad I didn't eat more and so glad I don't have that stuffed to the gills feeling. VERY proud that I could do this, normally I'd make every excuse in the book to give myself a wee treat/night off etc. YAY!

KB x

:happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096:

That sounds like a HUGELY successful day. All that exercise, eating out and sticking to your plan. YOu should be really proud x

That's fantastic ! When we go out cant resist the starters .. But do enjoy just having steak and salad/ veg - well done on all the walking

Have a look at this app striiv white shoe with wings green background - is a walking app that's also a game :)

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

Thanks for the app, I had a look (and now I really want it!) but it's for iphone and I'm on android :sigh: Anyway I have wakened this morning with a wrecked back so there probably won't be much walking done for the next few days. It's an old injury from my nursing days and I know that rest is the only cure. Very annoyed! It must be all the walking I'm doing because I can't think what else would have flared it up. Many painkillers and muscle relaxants taken this morning so hopefully it will ease soon. I'll have to keep a very close eye on the calories while I can't exercise.

KB x

I hope you take care of yourself well while your back's giving you problems. A rest will not just help your back, it will give time for your whole body to catch up after all the exercise. I hope it get's better really soon x

Thank you, ladies. I did manage a short and stately walk last night so don't feel too bad. I picked over a few things I shouldn't have food wise yesterday due to boredom and lack of exercise but not too bad at all and I'm back on it today. I'm hoping to get out for a short walk this morning, then we have our traditional May Day shenannigans (only genuine maypole in Ireland you know!) and then the big shop after that and another walk tonight. Back pain permitting of course.

KB x

Turned in to not a bad day all round. I had a slow and stately walk this morning, then walked up the high street for Mayday dancing, prancing and the like. Did my back exercises when I got back and thankfully managed to pop my back back in to place. It is still tender but much more functional now! Big shop done and another long walk tonight and all good on the food front, hoping for a really good loss this week (aiming for 3) and hoping to stay off the scales until weigh day on Friday,

KB x

Another really positive day for me today. Food all good and LOADS of exercise, I even got my bike out tonight for the first time in years, did 4.5 miles, will have a sore bum tomorrow I think! I also ate all the midges in County Down on the way back, I wonder how many calories that was? Tried on some clothes today, none of them fit but I reckon another half stone or so and I'll start fitting in to a few nice things! Don't know where all this motivation is coming from but I hope it keeps coming!

KB x

Another really positive day for me today. Food all good and LOADS of exercise, I even got my bike out tonight for the first time in years, did 4.5 miles, will have a sore bum tomorrow I think! I also ate all the midges in County Down on the way back, I wonder how many calories that was? Tried on some clothes today, none of them fit but I reckon another half stone or so and I'll start fitting in to a few nice things! Don't know where all this motivation is coming from but I hope it keeps coming!

KB x

Yay for all the motivation. I think I am slowly getting some too :) with all the exercise you will be in the clothes in no time. I have a bike but am afraid to go out on my own :( and don't have a helmet or anything.

Those midges have loads of kcals lol well done on getting on ya bike ;) 4.5 miles def a good 1st outing ! Hope your not to sore tomorrow.

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

You'd think my bum should be padded enough to stop me getting saddle sore-not so! Apart from that no ill effects from the cycling and I have done 3 miles walking this morning with the dog, just had yogurt/sultanas/sunflower seeds for breakfast, feeling good, off out to visit Mum and collect some music from music shop for small son. More later!

KB x

As well as the padded seats, there is stuff fondly referred to as 'chub rub':) It gave me the giggles when I got told about it. There is a proper name for it, but I'd have to check. Cyclists use it, and some curvy women find it useful when they are exercising. I don't know why, but it makes me giggle like a school girl.

Back