My Diary

Happy to report 2 off this week. Weighing in stones is helping, I find once I get lower in to the 190s I think I'm nearly there but when I do it in stones I know I'm not :). That mean I am now under 14 stone and under a BMI of 30 I have just noticed. All good and happy here!

Goal is (eventually) 11st7 if I ever get there. Today was my first "no school run" day so I took small son out on his bike and we did 1 1/2 miles that way. He is due at school this afternoon for cycling proficiency practice before the exam tomorrow so that will also involve walking for today and tomorrow. It's just a matter of making a new routine for myself for during the summer holidays and another new routine for when they start back to school in September. I have decided to register for the Marie Curie "Walk Ten" which is on 30th August both in memory of Daddy and to try to keep me on the straight and narrow when I'm away on holiday. 10k isn't very far but if I do no exercise and eat like a horse for the month of August when I'm away then it's not going to be very comfortable walking! That's the plan, haven't registered yet, I want to see if I can talk anyone else in to joining me.

All still going well here. I might weigh in tomorrow as I'm out at my Mum's for lunch tomorrow, then we have or little orchestra party in the evening and while I plan to be good I won't have much control over what's available to eat. We'll see how it goes... Clothes are feeling good on me and think I might be heading for a 14 in the bottom half which is amazing, haven't been there for a VERY long time! I am trying to get my head in the right place for my holidays so that I don't sabotage the whole thing while I'm away. I LOVE French bread and cheese and cooked meats, got to steer myself more towards the salad which I also love!

It was only a dream fro me too, Rach. I'm not quite there yet though, it will fit me if it's a roomy 14 with the right cut, that's about it, but encouraging all the same. Just had breakfast, 20g of sultanas, 20g of dry bran flakes and a weight watchers yogurt mixed through, very nice! Have been out to the post office, there and back was 1.5 miles so a good start.

OK I have fallen off the wagon in spectacular fashion the past 2 days :cry: I also got in to that bad place where I was telling myself I'd always be fat and what was the point and just get used to it etc. At my Mum's on Thursday, didn't do too badly and was proud, feeling good, then came home and hoovered out the cupboards with my mouth and ate everything I could lay my hands on. Why?? Yesterday was my wedding anniversary (17 years, :eek:) and my husband rather thoughtlessly (sorry) bought me a box of Lindor truffles and I ate the whole lot (Caught myself on when there were about 4 left and gave them to the kids) That led to toasted cheese sandwiches for lunch and so it went on.
Anyway, I'm back on it today and I feel my determination coming back, hope it's here to stay, 6 weeks to holidays!!

We can get it back, Rach. So.... I ended up in the pub this afternoon drinking wine, not a usual occurrence for me but a pleasant one anyway. Food all good and drink not too bad either. Got to keep it going!

A good day today all round. Not much planned exercise but I did some shopping and then ironing so that's bound to count for something. Then 1.5 miles tonight which will have helped. I feel I'm getting a handle on things again so hoping to keep it going. 5 weeks to mini reunion, 6 weeks to holidays!

Last edited:
30 days to my mini reunion and 37 to my holidays, thought a countdown would do me no harm and might keep me focused. I can't wait to the reunion, it's not one of those horrible ones where everyone is eyeing each other up and *****ing, we had one of those a couple of years ago and while it was awful I did reconnect with the girls who were my closest friends when I was at school. We scattered to the four winds after school, there were 5 of us but we have kept in touch since the horrible reunion and have got together in 2s and 3s but we haven't all got together since school (1 girl missed the reunion) At the end of the month 2 girls are coming from England, 1 from Scotland and 2 of us are in Northern Ireland and we're going to have a big night out. I want to lose more weight for that, not so they don't ***** about me cos they won't, but just so I can feel good about myself and feel good in my clothes. More later!

Then there's my holiday, 3 weeks in France, land of bread and cheese and wine which happen to be some of my favourite things in the world. I have no intention of depriving myself but at the same time I don't want to undo all my good work so I will have to try and strike some sort of balance, haven't worked out how that's going to work yet!

Hello there :D
Just popping in to let you know I'm still here lurking! I do read everyone's diaries but I rarely get chance to post these days for some reason. Just wanted to say that I think you're doing brilliantly KB - yes, we all have the odd fall from the wagon, but you seem so motivated at the moment, especially with the exercise! I admire you lots for that, as I am still not in the habit of exercising regularly despite good intentions!
Anyway, hope all is well with you...the reunion sounds like a great goal, and the holiday sounds fab too. I do partake in the odd glass of wine (or 10 ;-)) but I rarely indulge in bread or cheese these days....I'm just not to be trusted in its presence!
Hope you've had a good day
Bye for now
x x

I was just thinking about her the other day, she really did well and then she disappeared all of a sudden. I hope she's still doing well.
I had an odd day today. I was visiting a friend of mine who lives on a little island in the middle of Strangford Lough so no control over food whatsoever, I just had to go with the flow. It didn't turn out too badly, I didn't have breakfast then had the lunch I was given which was homemade lentil soup and 2 crusty rolls with butter (!) and cheese (!!) I managed to avoid the quiche altogether and got away with a tiny sliver of chocolate sponge so I think I did the best I could under the circumstances.
Dinner tonight was my own homemade soup, brocolli and stilton (made with a tiny piece of stilton which, when averaged out over the 4 or 5 days I'll eat the soup doesn't count for too much at all) with a ham sandwich. I walked this morning and will get another short walk hopefully tonight when I get smallest son to bed. Hopefully I've not done too badly. I am out for lunch at my Mum's again this Thursday so that might be another dodgy one, still hoping for a loss come Friday though!

Back