My Diary

it is weigh day and I lost 3 pounds this week!
Sorry this is a bit belated, but well done!! And congratulations on getting into the 100s!! :stickdance::stickdance::stickdance:
It's great to acheive another milestone isn't it? Breaking it down into smaller chunks and celebrating all the little milestones along the way makes the whole thing so much more acheivable and rewarding!

Hope you're having a good weekend :)

Thanks, Alex, I think of it a bit like climbing a mountain. Concentrate on the next ledge or the next few feet and all is well, look up and see how far you have still to go to the summit and that's when the motivation starts to slip. So I'm just heading for the next ledge!

KB x

Well done kb!! must feel great!

WOOOOOOOOOOOp well done kb! thats fabby!

sounds like you have had a fab week! hope u r well!

love katie
xxx

hellllo kb hows ur day?

xxxxxxxxxxx

All well here, Kae, have been reading a little about your exploits at the weekend, but then I'm just jealous... And your gain wasn't that bad, all things considered. I'm very much head down and keep plodding on this week, hoping for a good loss on Friday, also getting some exercise done so I'll let you know how it goes!

KB x

Morning all and it's weigh day here. 1 pound off for me which makes me very happy as this was Mother's Day/ St Patrick's Day/Birthday week. I also now have riisers for my Wii balance board, the Just Dance Wii game and apparently EA Sports Active is on the way. (What could they be trying to tell me?) Only joking, these are all things I wanted. I didn't even have birthday cake yesterday, OH did ask if I wanted him to get one but I said no! The thing is I'm not really that fond of cake, I'm more of a savoury girl, but if it had been here I would have eaten it so why waste my calories on something I don't like that much? Then I was out at orchestra rehearsals last night when I could have been drinking or eating so I didn't do that either. My wonderful friend Emma brought me a fillet steak as my birthday present! It was gorgeous and the same girl is taking me out for dinner tonight. I'm planning just to have steak (again) and vegetables or salad. A few glasses of something alcoholic too!
Hope you all have a great day, the sun is shining here!

KB x

Not in Belfast - overcast and windy. But I'm in work so it doesn't really matter ;)

Well done on losing!! :)

oooh happy birthday for yesterday hunny!! an wooop woooop on the lb!

hope u have a fab time with ur friend!

love katie
xxxxxx

Hi KB, I'm just about to go and hit the vodka, but just thought I'd drop in and say well done on your 1lb off, and happy belated birthday! :candle1: You kept that one quiet! Hope you have a lovely time with your friend :)
What do you think of the Just Dance game? I have the Wii Fit+ and EA Sports Active, but I was thinking of getting the dance one for something a bit different.
Anyway, hope you have a lovely weekend, and well done on keeping the weight loss on track even with all those celebrations! My willpower is nowhere near as strong!
xx

hellllo huunnn!

have u recovered yet? tis quiet in the KB house today hehe

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes, a quiet day yesterday, a wee sore head to nurse better so needed a power snooze in the afternoon to pick me up AND a early night. Really far too old for all this boozing lark obviously. Ate far too much yesterday too (cheese on toast :eek: haven't had that since I started this AND most of a tube of Pringles) and we are heading off to the in laws shortly and out for lunch. I think it's carvery so going to try very hard to be good because I certainly don't want a gain this week.
Have a good day everyone!

KB x

OK I am officially a wicked woman. Here's my food diary for the weekend. Out Friday night, had sweet potato soup, no idea what was in it, large burger (home made type so not too processed) with bacon AND cheese. 1 bottle of wine and several vodkas...
Feeling a little delicate on Saturday so no breakfast, took youngest to rugby, bought tube of Pringles on the way home which the 2 of us ate between us before we got home, me eating the most of course, also a packet of Cadburys Caramel biscuits, ate 2 of those. Cheese on toast for lunch then managed to rein it in slightly and had WW pizza for dinner followed by half a (large) packet of M&S reduced fat crisps.
Sunday off to the carvery with the in-laws. Started ok with salad and wheaten bread but did put butter on it. Then lamb and beef with gravy, 1 roastie and some veg, followed by Dime Bar cheesecake!! Back to their house where I had no control and was given cocktail sausages and sausage rolls for tea followed by lots and lots of chocolate. Struggling today so far mentally and have had 3 packets of Slimfast cheese snack things. Not good but could be worse. THEN my sister sent a packet of chocolate eggs etc from abroad and I've just polished off about 6 of them. Slightly smaller than cream egg size. Oh the shame, these belong to my children! Only writing all this down to try and give myself a big kick up the bum to get going again. Dread what the scales will show on Friday if I go on like this so RIGHT NOW I have drawn that line under it all and will get back on track. Have a great day everyone!

KB x

Last edited:
Oh my gosh, I'm bracing myself for the side effects just reading that lot! *LOL*

But you've done the right thing...draw a line, the weeked has passed, today is a new day....and we can do it!!! :)

Thanks for the support, HB and yes, I will be sticking very close to home the next day or 2 just in case.... Just had lunch and am pleased to report managed to keep it healthy (but still feeling a little ill from the chocolate eggs so not really that much of an achievement!!) Line has been drawn, onwards and downwards!

KB x

Oh dear, did you stay off the pills? I know the effects stay in your system a couple of days but it might not be quite so bad

Wow, only 1 roastie at the carvery! I had about 10 :eek: along with leeks in a cheese sauce, pork with crackling, a Yorkshire pudding, loads of veg and gravy!
Oh well - I am suffering for it now, no visit from Mr T yet but plenty of indigestion!

Glad you've managed to draw a line under it KB - we all seem to have these blips every few weeks, but you're good at getting back on track, and your overall weight-loss proves it!
Who doesn't have a bit of a blow-out on their birthday week anyway!! xxx

heheh tis your birthday weekend hun! chill!!

Did u have a good time? that is the question!

glad u r back on it!

xxxxxxxx

Alex, yes only 1 roastie, in fact I left the second one on my plate. Only reason being I love about a half pound of butter on each one so really felt one was plenty, would have loved more. Made up for it with cheesecake...
Katie, thank you, yes I really did enjoy my weekend although the carvery WAS with my in-laws so best behaviour called for from me and the boys so exhausting!
I did well yesterday after my initial chocolate egg binge. I had a WW meal with veg for dinner and then went out for a mile brisk walk. I have clocked a mile lap in the car, half is straight up hill, then round in a loop and downhill home. It IS only a mile but I did walk very quickly (it was cold!) and I was glad I had done something, better than nothing at all. About to go and do some Wii, I'll post later cos it helps to keep me on the straight and narrow. Have a great day!

KB x

hehe well im lucky my in law would never come out for dinner...well ony if it was a liquid lunch IYKWIM

hey i wanna word with u! 'only a mile' r u kidding??? its a mile more than me!!!!

hope u have a fab day!! the sun is shining here! automatically makes me eat less ha puts u in a good moood!

love katie

xxxxxx

Back