My Diary

Morning all and happy Sunday. Not feeling good today and thought I'd post and ask the eternal question, why do we do these things to ourselves? I weighed in on Friday, had a good loss and was very pleased, feeling very motivated and good about myself. Then I got up yesterday morning, started eating, and didn't stop until I went to bed at midnight. I ate everything in the house and then some, expecting huge punishment today (still took the tabs) but none so far. What I want to know is, WHY? Why, when I was so motivated etc did I go and do this? Why do we get so far and press the self destruct button? Any ideas? I'd love to stop this happening but don't seem to be able to, I know what I'm doing when I do it and yes, I really do want to lose weight so why??
Excuse my rambling but I'm really pee'd off about it all, although back on the wagon today. And I'll have the nerve to expect a loss on Friday!!

KBx

Morning all and happy Sunday. Not feeling good today and thought I'd post and ask the eternal question, why do we do these things to ourselves? I weighed in on Friday, had a good loss and was very pleased, feeling very motivated and good about myself. Then I got up yesterday morning, started eating, and didn't stop until I went to bed at midnight. I ate everything in the house and then some, expecting huge punishment today (still took the tabs) but none so far. What I want to know is, WHY? Why, when I was so motivated etc did I go and do this? Why do we get so far and press the self destruct button? Any ideas? I'd love to stop this happening but don't seem to be able to, I know what I'm doing when I do it and yes, I really do want to lose weight so why??
Excuse my rambling but I'm really pee'd off about it all, although back on the wagon today. And I'll have the nerve to expect a loss on Friday!!

KBx

hello kb, i felt that i had to comment on your post because i no exactly how u feel. i personally do it to myself when im feeling down or frustrated, feeling comfortable that i'm losing or if i feel as if theirs no point in trying. i've got a weigh in tomorrow and my scales are saying STS and immediately i just want to eat everything insight because i no that i was being good, but on other days i see the food and just eat it, not because i'm hungry but i just eat for the sake of it, i eat them so fast that by the time i realise i shouldnt be eating it would have been too late by then, it makes me feel peed off with myself aswell.

other days i just feel the need to eat something, even though i no that i shouldnt eat it * then i think to myself, this wont hurt* but it does and like u when i get on the scales on weigh in day i get dissapointed and actually get upset when i havent loss, but dont let it get you down, it happens to the best of us, it will just make you into a stronger person in future,

ps dont give up, you've done great so far.

XX

Hey KB

I find my digestion takes about 48hours. So give it a couple of days (ifyou were eating something really fatty)

But yeah, sometimes I find myself really craving sweets. However going to purchase them requires effort, so I can mentally talk myself out of it.

But don't beat yourself up about it too much. We all have slips!!

Oh KB....reading your post was almost like listening to my own voice. I do this time after time after time :(
And I wish I had the answer to why we do it and how to stop it, especially when things are going so well, but I just don't know. I've thought about this so much, and tried loads of ways of talking myself out of it but when I press that self-destruct button nothing will stop me.
It's almost like being in a daze where I can block out all the positive reasons for wanting to lose weight, and almost rebel against the whole dieting thing. I don't know about you, but sometimes I just don't want to think about fat percentages, calories, exercise or anything else. I just want to enjoy food without guilt and have as much of it as possible!
As far as the reasons behind it are concerned...at times I think maybe we're too strict with ourselves on a day-to day basis. Maybe we restrict ourselves and deprive ourselves too much, and then when we finally do 'cave in' it's more difficult to stop.
And then sometimes I think that we look at the bigger picture too much. This is especially the case after weigh in day. Sometimes I think 'great 2lbs off' and I'm genuinely happy about that. Until I look at the bigger picture and think about how many more lbs I have to lose and how long it'll take. It's easy to get despondant when all you see is weeks/months of hard work ahead.
But maybe there's more to it than that. I'm only speaking from personal experience here, but food is so much more than fuel to me. It's a treat, a punishment, it's for celebrating, and for comfort, it's my best friend and my worst enemy, but above all it's safe and familiar, and it's easy (and dieting is not!) It's one thing to be aware of all these factors, but it's another to be in control of them. I am definitely not :sigh:

So back to being positive (I hope I haven't made you feel worse with all that) you're still here, you still want to do this, and you're back on track!
One day will not ruin your diet...giving up is the only thing that can do that! So let's get back on it, have a great week, and face the scales without too much dread on Friday (Wednesday in my case - and I've got a day of indulgence under my belt as well!).

We CAN do this!!
xxxxx

Last edited:
come on hun keep ya chin up! This is a long journey and all that ! The ups make all the downs feel worth while! The only this you can do is pick ya self up!

I know how ya feeling! Iget comfortable every 3 weeks or so an have a blow out an its soul destroying! I wish i know why i do it cos its sooo annoyin!!

We can do this hun! one bad day is nt gunna break the bank!

hope u r well hun
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you, ladies I really appreciate the support. I'm back on track now, off to see the nurse this morning for my first official weigh-in since I started, I'll let you know!

KB x

oooooh good luck hun!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:innocent0002::innocent0002::innocent0002:
:innocent0002::innocent0002:
This is me this morning. According to the nurses scales I have lost 12 kilos exactly in 2 months. Had to come home and use the calculator to find out this is 26.4 pounds, more than my scales are showing but I'm not complaining, I'll stick with my own for now. She was so impressed she had to go straight in and tell my doctor who was so impressed that he sent her out again with my new prescription for 2 more months. Am I feeling saintly and virtuous or what? Have a great day!

KB x

Wow KB! That's great news!
26lbs is a fantastic weight loss, nearly a stone a month! You must be so pleased, and it must put your little blip at the weekend into perspective! As Kae says, more good days than bad, and we'll eventually win the battle :)
Onwards and downwards! I bet you're polishing your halo as we speak....and you deserve to :)
xxxx

:eek:

That's absolutely brilliant Kitty!!!

Dancey smiley for you!

:talk017:

well done!! you have every right to feel happy and up beat!!
you have done so well!!!!!!!!!
keep it up and you will be at goal before you know it!

Thank you Alex for asking! I am doing well and yes, indeed, it is weigh day and I lost 3 pounds this week! Even after my blow-out last Saturday so that can't be bad. In fact, according to my scales I have lost 3.2 pounds which actually takes me under 200 pounds!Very pleased about that I can tell you, my goal to do that was St Patrick's Day which isn't until 17th. All good here from that point of view and I did no exercise at all this week apart from walking the kids to and from school each day. Plenty of exercise this morning, I have been helping a friend move house (from a medium sized mansion to a HUGE mansion) and she is a clean freak so I had to go, Hoover in hand, to help get the old house clean room by room as the removals people cleared the place. I am now exhausted, am just now getting my lunch and I have said I will go back up this evening and help get them settled in the new place. Better than a gym workout any day!

KB x

Well done KB :)

Walking is good exercise ;)

well done!! its nice to see the scales go below 200!!! ive only recently experience that too... its quite motivating!!

You're right, Kes, the motivation comes from not wanting to see them go back over it again. Same with getting below a certain stone and in to the stone below. No way am I going back up there!
PK I know walking is good but I always walked the boys to school, regardless of whether I was on a diet or not so don't really realise I'm doing it if you know what I mean? I always think I should be doing something extra but need to remind myself that 30-40 minutes brisk walk (the boys take their scooters) every day is loads!
A challenging week ahead, tomorrow is Mother's Day obviously, Wednesday is St Patrick's Day and Thursday is my birthday. Shouldn't be too bad, I have finally managed to get across to my husband that I don't want any calories for presents!
KB x

Back