My Diary

Friday weigh in and 5lbs off :D:D go me! Im chuffed to bits after what was a hard night last as family called a bloody meeting and bombarded me with the damage im doing to myself:rolleyes: and that I need to start eating as what im doing is not healthy :sigh: How can this be bad when I feel so good im losing weight im wearing clothes I could not get into and seeing numbers on scale Iv not seen for years so from now on my weight losses are not being said except on here as Im sick of the negativity

Ignore them all .. As you have said before and being over weigh is healthy how!! You are doing great in-spite of them!

Its all about ur happiness .. You can walk away knowing you have made a decision to change your life to get healthy .. LT is drastic but being overweight any longer caries far scarier risks!

Your fab for staying so strong hun x

thanks becky boo its the only thing that gets me down they nag when im gaining and their now worse with this just makes me think when are they ever going to support :rolleyes:

Well done Tweeza!

35lb off, I can only dream!!:sigh::p

I know you're strong enough to keep going despite the nay sayers!You've done so well it's probably just a shock to them to see you doing it. Then they start thinking ahead too much and worrying about what might happen. Whereas you and I are just taking it one day at a time!

Keep swimming darlin'!

you got that right dusty if I was to think about the fact im on the shakes for months I would give up its just 1 day at a time for me :7834:
you feeling better today dusty was work ok

Yeah, much happier Dusty today! Glad it's the weekend though!

Mum's birthday tomorrow, so I'm taking her shopping for a new jumper (very boring but that's what she wants). It's funny about you talking baout your family meeting. When i told my mum I was going on LT she was pleased I was doing something about my weight (I was very surprised as I expected her to tell me it was dangerous and all the other stuff people say). However, now she's started on the isn't this a bit fast, do you think you're overdoing it?
So I've decided when she asks me how much I've lost I'm going to half the amount! Makes a change to be under playing how much weight you're losing doesn't it!

Well done on the weight loss your doing brilliantly. Ignore the negativity - what is worse the excess weight or the diet? I know which one I prefer. Yes it is harsh but when you have a lot to loose 2lb a time is not enough. I know that LT has given me a huge kick up the bum and helped me to become a size I haven't been for over 20 years. Surely that can only be good. I've had people at work concerned that I am becoming anorexic. I'm a size 18 hardly anorexic for goodness sake. Keep up the good work. x

Friday weigh in and 5lbs off :D:D go me! Im chuffed to bits after what was a hard night last as family called a bloody meeting and bombarded me with the damage im doing to myself:rolleyes: and that I need to start eating as what im doing is not healthy :sigh: How can this be bad when I feel so good im losing weight im wearing clothes I could not get into and seeing numbers on scale Iv not seen for years so from now on my weight losses are not being said except on here as Im sick of the negativity

If it was so bad then how come doctors & hospitals prescribe it and have been using it to try & control diabetes for years? At the end of the day, being overweight carries massive health risks and any reduction in weight is worthwhile. The fact is the shakes also contain all the recommended nutrients necessary for good health and in reality I bet many of us were lacking in many of these on our previous diets! Its not forever, and it may be strict and seem limited but surely its better than gastric band or other weight loss surgery which must carry massive risks as any surgery does when we're overweight. I find it disappointing how many people write that their friends/family etc dont agree with this diet. Why cant people support our choices like we do theirs? I would understand all the concern if any of us were anorexic... but lets face it, we're not!! Would people prefer we just stop eating altogether? Live on lettuce? Or maybe they just want us to stay as we are???
You keep it up darlin', dont cave to the pressure. After all, its your body and YOUR life!

xxxx

Good morning lipo family thanks for all the words of encouragement I feel much better today a friend last night said their fear is out of ignorance and concern so just start telling them what they want to hear and do this for YOU as its my life to lead and Im the one living it and if they dont like it then tough their not the ones carting round a body they hate :D i love my friend she is a no nonsense gal who tells you it straight and I love her for it she is one who told me my arse could carry several trays with room for row of glasses :eek: :D when i thought a pair of black trousers made my bum look smaller.
Dusty you have right idea of halfing the losses might do that if they ask
plans today are clean house then do some college work :(

Awww...just read this...and im a lucky one with my mother..bless her...she is in awe of the willpower it takes to do something like this and is 100% supportive and complimentary every time I see her. The girls in work however are another kettle of fish....now your looking very thin...sont you think you should stop now....you dont want to look ill do you...pfffft....I reply "shut up you 6st bimbo" (in my head granted lol) but i really think they mean....now cont get thinner than ME will you....

People are afraid of change and to see you doing so well is a shock to their system....I think they secretly want to see failure to make them feel better about their non acheivements in various other things.

Youve done amazingly well....the weight youve lost in such a short time is amazing!!! Now when any one says anything to you...why would you give that feeling up??? You are changing your life and YOU are the only one who can be proud of your achievement...nobody else is doing it for you...and so you should be x

Awww...just read this...and im a lucky one with my mother..bless her...she is in awe of the willpower it takes to do something like this and is 100% supportive and complimentary every time I see her. The girls in work however are another kettle of fish....now your looking very thin...sont you think you should stop now....you dont want to look ill do you...pfffft....I reply "shut up you 6st bimbo" (in my head granted lol) but i really think they mean....now cont get thinner than ME will you....

People are afraid of change and to see you doing so well is a shock to their system....I think they secretly want to see failure to make them feel better about their non acheivements in various other things.

Youve done amazingly well....the weight youve lost in such a short time is amazing!!! Now when any one says anything to you...why would you give that feeling up??? You are changing your life and YOU are the only one who can be proud of your achievement...nobody else is doing it for you...and so you should be x
:D:D that made me laugh the 6 stone bimbo thanks chunkychops I do know they are concerned but I do think there is a element of they dont like im doing something well not with my mum but cetainly with my sisters who could be doing with losing weight think the fact they could at least think im not as big as her. This is why I love on here there is only support and genuine happyness for anyone's losses I would be lost without the support I get from the lipo family there is not a support system stronger than on here x

Afternoon sister!

What are you studying at college?

You're doing so amazing with the diet Tweeza. I think you've probably hit the nail on the head with your thoughts about you're sister! There's always a comfort if you think that someone else is worse off than you. So she's got a vested interest in keeping you in a position where she can feel superior! Rise above it girly and keep going. you know you're doing the right thing.

What do your daughters think about it?

Afternoon sister!

What are you studying at college?

You're doing so amazing with the diet Tweeza. I think you've probably hit the nail on the head with your thoughts about you're sister! There's always a comfort if you think that someone else is worse off than you. So she's got a vested interest in keeping you in a position where she can feel superior! Rise above it girly and keep going. you know you're doing the right thing.

What do your daughters think about it?
Hello lovie im doing a HND in administration and IT going for a career change as was a manager in retail my wee mid life crisis decided to be a drunken student for a few years :D
My daughters dont like me doing this as they think there is other ways to lose weight:rolleyes: but they are just listening to rest of the family and dont really understand how I cant control my eating as Iv tried hard to bring them up with a healthy view to eating, I only ever gave them home cooked food with plenty of veg the total opposite of what I eat so I done ok with them. They even like brussell sprouts the freaks :D

I think you're so right about people wanting to keep us as we were so they can feel better about their failures. Lets celebrate our successes - we worked hard at this. Keep up the good work.

Hello lovie im doing a HND in administration and IT going for a career change as was a manager in retail my wee mid life crisis decided to be a drunken student for a few years :D
My daughters dont like me doing this as they think there is other ways to lose weight:rolleyes: but they are just listening to rest of the family and dont really understand how I cant control my eating as Iv tried hard to bring them up with a healthy view to eating, I only ever gave them home cooked food with plenty of veg the total opposite of what I eat so I done ok with them. They even like brussell sprouts the freaks :D

I really admire people who decide to go back to education later on. It's so hard to juggle studying with looking after a family and keeping your head above water financially! Well done you.

Do you know its people not understanding about the control thing that stops me from telling anyone but my closest friend and family that I'm doing LT. I know everyone thinks of me as so in control of everything else I do. Forgive me for sounding full of myself but..I'm good at my job , have raised two lovely kids(even if one of them won't eat sprouts), have a good marriage, I'm a dutiful daughter (especially since my dad died) and yet there is this one area of my life that I just can'r control and I can't admit that I can't control it. So if LT is what it takes to take control, that's what I'll do!

So, keep going sis! x

You've obvi

Im having nervous breakdown SISTER :cry: Im going in 1 hr for a root canal that iv put off for 6 months :jelous: I hate dentists and I hate needles and the word root and canal are giving me heeby jeebies and I dont know whether to have a shake before I go or not in case im sick :sigh: I cant cancel as she has threatened to come and get me personally if I do aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

OooH! I feel your pain! I hate the dentist too! But its time to be a big girl and go face your fears. You know if you don't it will only get worse!! Whilst your in the chair, shut your eyes and concenrtarte on wiggling your toes insode your shoes. That helps me! Or you could imagine all those lovely clothes you'll be fitting into soon. Imagine you strutting your stuff in your new management job (once you've finishe college) wearing a killer suit!

I'd have no shake cos then I could have one warm with a sweetner once I got back (once you can feel your mouth again that is!!)

Well I survived was not too bad :eek: but glad I didnt have a shake as I dry heaved when they stuck that thing in to take a Xray :( and my wee dentist noticed my weight loss :D said I was looking swell,
Had to laugh tho she was filing tooth and said it was a skinny one!!!!!!!!! I found a skinny bit of my body heeee even if it is in my gob :p
Wearing a new top today and its a size 26 which to some is still bloody huge but seeing as my xmas top was a 32 im strutting SISTER :banana dancer:

Back