Steps: 10200
Exercise: 1 x dog walk

Cals: 725
Food:
11am soya latte
6pm oven roasted trout with chilli & garlic, courgette, cauliflower
Natural yogurt, blueberries, tsp manuka honey
Water - 2 litres

Wasn't hungry today, probably because of my carb fest yesterday. But at least it made day 1 easy!

The problem is that they are all very extreme! These things do happen and our food chain is a disgrace but I detest bias. Just give the facts!

I have recently watched forks over knives and vegucated. Both interesting, both shocking, both biased.

I am pescetarian now because I do think I work better on a higher protein / fat diet (binge less!) but I'm trying to buy organic / free range /grass fed dairy and local eggs (my neighbour has chickens).

Good luck on your veggie journey. Don't forget walnuts and flax seeds for omega 3!

I am currently watching this:

Michael Moseley on the Mediterranean diet (which can be done as a vegetarian). Fascinating.

Also picked up a vlc recipe for lentil soup which I will be having for lunch tomorrow.

300g red lentils
1 x medium onion
Shake of chipotle chilli flakes
1 tbsp oil
3 garlic cloves
10g chilli purée
3 large tomatoes! (skin off)
25g Swiss vegetable bouillon
S & P
2 litres boiling water

Fry off onions, garlic 5 mins, add chilli powder and paste, stir, add lentils, stir, add stock and tomatoes and bring to boil, simmer for 20 mins. Whizz until smooth, add tsp full fat Fage and freshly milled black pepper. Devour!!

Hmmm the only thing I think I'm really going to miss is sushi so maybe I should start off pescetarian? Xx

There are no sound studies that show a negative impact on fish in our diet and lots that show a positive impact. Obviously there's problems with sustainability, mercury and plastics in wild fish, and antibiotic use in farmed fish, but seriously, our food chain is so bad I wouldn't eat anything after research. there are huge problems with crop farming and GMO after all...

The way I see it is decide what you can compromise on. We all need to cut down, and it'd have far more of an impact if everyone cut down on animal products rather than a few give up.

We are never going to be perfect. I'm going 80% of the way and that'll see benefits to me, and the environment.

I think it's called flexitarian? But I'm going to call myself mostly plant based. (I'm sure everyone else will just call me fussy!)

I think the biggest no for me is "mystery meat" - you know, when you eat somewhere cheap, like some curry houses, and you get served meat of unknown origin....

I think the biggest no for me is "mystery meat" - you know, when you eat somewhere cheap, like some curry houses, and you get served meat of unknown origin....

Pretty sure the chicken in the chicken curries around here is gull or pigeon.

It's good to see I'm not the only one trying to cut down on meat and animal products. Last November we adopted 3 hens from a rescue organization that takes them from battery farms otherwise they are slaughtered. We sadly lost one last week after she had an illness but appeared to be getting better. My mum asked how old she was which led me to find out that their egg laying prime is around a year old so they're killed at around a year and a half. It just made me really sad to think about what a miserable life the poor things have. Our girls continue to lay nice big eggs now that they're free from their cages and get plenty food. :(

Wow I don't think I've been an inspiration to anyone! I still feel so fat :( I have to keep reminding myself that it takes time and I feel good doing it this way - I could do it faster but then I'd feel rubbish!

Also when the holidays are over I'll eat out less and that'll speed up my weight loss.

I think you have the balance absolutely spot on to be honest.

Pretty sure the chicken in the chicken curries around here is gull or pigeon.

It's good to see I'm not the only one trying to cut down on meat and animal products. Last November we adopted 3 hens from a rescue organization that takes them from battery farms otherwise they are slaughtered. We sadly lost one last week after she had an illness but appeared to be getting better. My mum asked how old she was which led me to find out that their egg laying prime is around a year old so they're killed at around a year and a half. It just made me really sad to think about what a miserable life the poor things have. Our girls continue to lay nice big eggs now that they're free from their cages and get plenty food. :(
Awww. I would love to adopt some chickens. What a lovely thing to do!

A good day here today. I'm struggling to stick to 800 cals but not struggling at all to stick to the principles (although I must limit my soya lattes to one a day! They are a real problem for me as during the holidays I meet friends for a walk then a coffee...)

I'm not going to worry about the cals. It's still low. Also, when I go on holiday on Thurs I'm not going to count cals, although I will stick, in the main part, to the principles.

Anyway, I made it into the 13s today!!!! Yay!! Down into the next stone bracket :D

Day 2 BSD

Cals: 1081
Steps: 21300
Water: 2.5l

Food as below...

IMG_5103.JPG

Day 3 - over cals but full of energy so lots of exercise. Off on holiday for a week from tomorrow, I'm not going to worry about calories for the next week but I am going to try and stick to med-style lowish carb eating (with one or two more indulgent meals). It's all inclusive so if I can come back with a sts or small gain I'll be delighted!!!

Anyway, today's summary:

Cals: 1088
Steps: 21150
Exercise:
30 min DVD 21 day fix dirty 30 workout
2.25 mile run (v slow!)
Dog walk

Water: around 2.5l

Food:
B - soya latte
L - out shopping so stopped at Pret and had carrot and coriander soup and cray fish & avo salad. Both low carb, both yummy!
S - pre run coffee with almond milk and an apple. Post run - vegan protein shake
T - smoked salmon, ratatouille (weird combo but was finishing up leftovers).

Right, I better get some sleep as it's now past midnight and I have to be up at 4.30am to leave for the airport at 5am :)

Wow, huge well done on making it into the 13's. :D You're definitely doing something right. I also love the sound of your ratatouille, I've not made one of those for years and you've just reminded me. :p I notice how much you love your soya lattes, are they homemade or coffee shop ones.

I'm back! Had a lovely holiday! Didn't stick to my diet but I didn't go mad either. It was a fab holiday and I got a good amount of exercise in (as well as a good amount of alcohol and desserts!). I ate lots of fruit and veg, and fish, and only ate meat twice.

Anyway I weighed in this morning at 14.2.6, so 3lbs back on. Given that includes glycogen weight because I was low cal low carb before leaving, I'm actually quite pleased.

I'm not sure what I'm up to next, diet wise. I think back to the MM blood sugar plan (low cal Mediterranean style eating) but will think it through today.

Off to catch up with some diaries now...and to see if my jeans still fit!

Ok so not sure what I'm up to food wise, because I just don't feel like doing low carb today. But I have been reasonably low calorie (helped by skipping breakfast) so I'll just plod on.

I may resume the BSD on Mon. Maybe I just need time to catch up with myself!

I did go out and run 5k today. Not a lot to some people but I actually wanted to go out, and I haven't run more than 3k in about 2 years. So I'm pleased :)

I will post my food diary on here whatever I do because it'll keep me accountable :)

Sounds like you had a lovely holiday @Allotrope. I hope you're feeling refreshed before you get back to the grindstone next week. Don't beat yourself up about not being on plan this weekend. I can never start anything before a Monday myself. o_O

Glad you had a lovely holiday, Allotrope. I popped in for a read when I spotted on another thread that you used to have a different user name - I think we've met before. I too have a different user name and used to be a frequent flyer here. :)

The BSD is good, but it takes a certain state of mind to reconcile yourself to 800 kcal a day when you've had some time away from a plan. You'll figure it out soon enough.

I liked your rules idea. That looks like it could work really well - if I could just decide on what rules I want after I've VLCD'd my way down to a better weight...

Thank you sunny haze and Lisa ann!

And welcome sunny haze!

Motivation is hard to come by at the moment but I got myself into some good routines over the holiday and have dropped the holiday gain. I've got a long way to go but am delighted to be back under 14 stone. So now my goal is the 12s.

Now is also the toughest time. Back to school means less time to prepare and less time to exercise and a lack of sleep (particularly in the first few days back when I suffer from a sort of back to school insomnia). I almost caved back into night time bingeing mode yesterday when I really should have just gone to sleep. I found myself in my daughters bedroom at 11pm whilst she was sleeping debating stealing a bit of her toblerone!

It helped that I didn't have any nice chocolate in - I better resist buying some, and I may try having more carbs with my evening meal - it really does help me sleep. Good carbs - not sugar!!!

I'm also trying to stick to a 12 hour minimum overnight fast which I did all holiday and loved. Since I snuck in a club bar at 10.30pm (!) no breakfast until 11am break.

I feel a new version of the rules coming on...

Back