My diet, my way

And my dinner, which was v easy and totally scrummy. Mash was made with almond milk and nutritional yeast. Lentils were a Jamie Oliver microwave sachet. Mmm

IMG_5033.JPG

In other news....exam results tomorrow. More nervous than I have been in a long time as we have new A-levels so I can't predict the outcome. Plus a new head next term so naturally I want to impress!

Also I watched a documentary on Netflix called vegucated. It has made me more determined to move towards eliminating meat and dairy from my diet. I'm not commuting to be totally vegan, but definitely making moves towards it. Don't watch it if you're sensitive / committed to meat eating!

I watched 'What the Health' on Netflix and it put me off meat for a good few weeks, but I just can't seem to give it up. I've tried various times but I just don't like a lot of the alternatives xx
That's how I am... but I figure any reduction is better than none so I'm limiting meat and dairy to a once a day treat rather than breakfast, lunch and dinner!

Exam results good but not great - I'll settle for that!

Just tried out Shaun T's workout Cize - I'm a terrible dancer but I enjoyed it, and the first workout plus 8 min abs torched 300 cals :)

IMG_5043.JPG

Your posts are inspiring me to keep my own food and exercise journal. :p What are you using to work out your calories? I think I've used my fitness pal in the past, but I never know how accurate it is X

Today was...well...piggy!

I had a good walk-jog-sprint interval session this morning, but then ate everything I could get my hands on (although I kept it moderately healthy and avoided binging)

I didn't calorie count but here's the days food:

Brunch: 2/3 bag salad leaves, half avocado, two massive slices from a whole grain cob loaf, hummus, soya latte

Snack: punnet of raspberries

Dinner: wagamamas - green apple, spinach & ginger juice
Starters was a range of shared sides: edamame beans, bang bang cauliflower, some raw salad and pak choi.
Main was tofu pad Thai which was yuck! I ate most of it because I was really hungry. But so not impresssed! My daughter had vegetarian yaki soba and it was much nicer.

I went home in the mood for a binge as everyone was having ice cream for pud. I bought Oreos and dairy free ice cream, but when I got home o decided I could still have something sweet but need to make it healthier, so I had a Kind nut bar and 6 squares of dark choc. Binge avoided!

Steps: 17000
Water: not nearly enough.

Last edited:
Your day doesn't sound too bad! Lot's of healthy food choices in there. I'd give yourself a pat on the back for avoiding the binge. Nicely saved. X

Good or on avoiding the dressed binge, I'm also trying to cut out meat (though I'm leaving fish in for now) along with dairy though I think cheese will be the hardest thing for me to lose.

Wow I don't think I've been an inspiration to anyone! I still feel so fat :( I have to keep reminding myself that it takes time and I feel good doing it this way - I could do it faster but then I'd feel rubbish!

Also when the holidays are over I'll eat out less and that'll speed up my weight loss.

I woke up with a very bloated tummy this morning - not a surprise given the volume of food I ate plus it was quite oily. I actually wanted to do some exercise! I mean, I exercise daily but it's rare that I actually want to! I'm quite sedentary by nature!
I had a 9am hair appt so went for a 20 min jog with the dog and was stopped by a man who said I should join the local running club! I've thought about it but I'm so fat and slow I didn't think it was an option!
He undid all his flattering words by then saying "don't worry, there's a few women your size and speed there..." thanks mate!!!!

Anyway, something to consider in Sept. especially when it gets dark and cold and I feel less motivated.

Talk about foot in mouth, I had similar last year when I got talking to one of the janitors at school about swimming (I had to keep in with them so I could get in to the school early for a swim as I didn't have an entry fob).
He said that his daughter enjoyed swimming as well but then added "she's a big lassie tae", aye cheers pal. :/

So cheeky, although I'm okay with it when I'm genuinely quite large, but I've been referred to as large when I was a size 14... and that's a step too far. Oh how I wish I was that size now!

Today was a good day. Skipped breakfast as I was bloated from last night, and ate healthily the rest of the day.

Calories approx 1600. Lots of exercise as I had lots of energy for a change!

IMG_5068.JPG

Ok so I'm not entirely happy with my diet at the moment. Weight loss is too slow and I want to add fish.

So to speed things up I've signed up for 12 weeks on the blood sugar diet...basically lowish carb med style eating 800 cals a day. It starts 4th Sept, after my return from holiday. I've decided doing my own thing just isn't going to get me there - great for maintenance but I just need to get this thing done now! So I figure forking over £100 will make me more accountable.

Here's the rules for the blood sugar diet.

Yes to:
1. Lots of veg
2. high quality proteins (for me this means veggie sources such as legumes or fish or on rare occasions eggs or chicken)
3. healthy fats (olive oil, avo, oily fish, coconut oil, rapeseed oil, nuts & seeds
4. Full fat yog and cheese
5. Apples, pears & berries)
6. Low GI carbs...wild or brown rice, bulgar wheat, buckwheat, quinoa, wholegrain barley, oats

No to...

1. Wheat or white carbs
2. Sugar or sweeteners
3. Tropical fruit
4. Margarine
5. Processed meats
6. Snacking

In addition
1. Daily exercise
2. Mindful eating

For the next 3 days (before my holiday) I'll follow this plan and stick to 800 cals. During my holiday I'm going to try and stick to these rules, but not calorie count. if I do feel a need to indulge I will cut portion sizes e.g. Of desserts, in half.

Let's hope this works well for me :)

Last edited:
Your plan looks very similar to what my fiance does when he needs to lose weight and it seems to work really well for him (the fat skinny git that he is). Hopefully it works well for you! :)

Back