My diet, please analyse..

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by heartagram, 20 October 2009 Social URL.

1. heartagram

heartagram Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(36.07%)
    Hello,

I've been eating strangely [the term i use] in conjunction with my 4/5 time a week gym routines.

Heres a same of what I've had today.

Breakfast 9am - Bowl of branflakes with Maximuscle promax shake

Lunch 1.30pm- 4 slices of nimble bread, with tuna sandwhich filling [no butter]

Protein shake at 3pm

Evening snack 5.30pm - 2 slices of nimble bread with tuna sandwhich filling

[gym session]

Normally that will be it, however I was hungary so i had a small bowl of bran flakes at 9pm [i know a horrible time!]

My weight loss has been varied, From the start of September till present on this routine I've lost about 7-8 lbs which has stayed off.

The reason I ask, is I feel happy on this diet however my work colleagues are telling me not to "starve" myself..

thoughts..

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. shrinkingannie

shrinkingannie Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(28.36%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    A little more variety might be nice im my opinion, I don't count cals so I dont know if you are eating enough on that front - but you are definitely lacking in vitamins and minerals - zero fruit or veg, I think you could definately eat some more of the good stuff without affecting your weight loss - good luck!

4. CrazyBrit

CrazyBrit Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating
    Are your work colleagues used to seeing the old, larger you? Many people have a mental image of you which doesn't adjust very well when you change, and when they see you they are subconsciously comparing you to the old you, rather than to an anonymous fit and healthy person. So whereas they might say to a random chap of your size and shape "Hmm, still got a little podge there", to you personally all that can see is that you're smaller than you "should" be, so they'll warn you to stop dieting.

Be careful not to fall into this trap yourself, of course. If you start seeing old you instead of you new, you might undereat, overexercise, and make yourself quite ill. But you seem to know what you're up to :)

5. assj

assj Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    18st7.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.7lb(11.5%)
    Diet:
    Healthy lifestyle
    it seems like you could do with a few fruit and veges in there, the rest sounds fine, fruit and veges are good for you, all natural and low in cals.

6. heartagram

heartagram Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(36.07%)
    Today I invested in a bunch of grapes - getting there!

7. Forever Starting Over

Forever Starting Over always!!

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.92%)
    Diet:
    can't stick to just one!
    how about throwing some leaves and/ or cucumber into those tuna sarnies. Hope youre taking a multivit too. Grapes a good start - now don't just stick to grapes like u do with the tuna butties, make sure u vary the fruit. best wishes x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.