My Exante Diary

Vanessa_C

Hi Everyone,

So here I am on day 1. I was planning to start next week but my products arrived earlier than expected and I had only had a small latte so I thought what the hell, no time like the present.

I've struggled with my weight for probably the last 20 years after being diagnosed with Endometriosis and enduring numerous operations and eventually a hysterectomy and not being able to have the much wanted baby. I think I just punished myself with food, stupid I know. Anyway I promised myself I wouldn't be fat and 40 and failed miserably so now I am 48 I don't want to be fat and 50.

I have problems with my back and also poorly bones after suffering from a serious Vit D deficiency and hauling round far too much weights often leaves me aching and in pain and I know loosing the weight will help significantly.

Although I wasn't planning to start today for some reason I weighed myself anyway and the scales said 16st 13 1/4 lbs. I don't want to set a target that feels unachievable right now so my first target will be 2 stone (hopefully in time for Christmas).

The reason I had planned to start towards the end of next week is because I have some food events in the next few days. I'm meeting a friend for breakfast on Sunday, on Tuesday I help my parents with a lunch club and this week it is fish and chips and on Wednesday I have an office day with my boss and a colleague and they always go to the café for kebabs :eek:!! BUT I can't keep making excuses so decided to just start right away and deal with it somehow.

I was going to start on the man plan but decided to do just sole source and then on the days I have food events I will try and have a low carb meal of chicken salad or something similar.

I'll try and update here weekly to keep on track and hopefully some of you will come on in so we can encourage one another but if not I'll just keep on going anyway.

So I'm at the end of Day 1 and I have survived.

Todays food-
Latte (as didn't realise my parcel would arrive so soon so then decided to just start anyway)
Banana Shake - Yum
Chicken & Leek Soup - OK
Peanut Butter Bar - OK

I then faltered and felt so hungry and as I was originally going to do the man plan I opened a Mint & Choc cookie but too be honest I found it so heavy going I only ate half of it. So I'll save the other half for the next time I feel desperate.

But all in all I feel quite proud I made it through the first day.

Now time for a shower and an early night (Well early for me as I am a night owl).

Welcome, and well done on your strong start! Keep drinking the water through these first days and it gets much, much easier. You will blast two stone by Christmas with change to spare if you stick with it.

Re food events, it's good just to stand your ground early on and stick to what you're doing - lets your body get into it. I have been on many nights out with friends over the past couple of months where I've just had water, or breakfast dates on coffee.... Most people will understand if you're firm. It's a case of not convincing yourself you've no choice but to join in.

Will be cheering your progress - love a good first month loss!!

Welcome, and well done on your strong start! Keep drinking the water through these first days and it gets much, much easier. You will blast two stone by Christmas with change to spare if you stick with it.

Re food events, it's good just to stand your ground early on and stick to what you're doing - lets your body get into it. I have been on many nights out with friends over the past couple of months where I've just had water, or breakfast dates on coffee.... Most people will understand if you're firm. It's a case of not convincing yourself you've no choice but to join in.

Will be cheering your progress - love a good first month loss!!

Thanks Kelpie, really appreciate the support.

Thanks for the advice regarding food events, no alcohol doesn't bother me too much its just the pressure people put on you to eat but I will try to remain firm. I know my parents will be an issue but they do worry about my health problems so hopefully they will understand my need to loose weight to be healthy.

Your start weight is similar to mine and I see you are almost at target so congratulations for an amazing achievement. Its very inspiring to see someone who has stuck with it and succeeded.

Welcome! This is a great place to find support and we all need it. It can be really difficult when you have food related events but if you stand your ground and take a shake or a bar with you to enjoy you'll be fine. Otherwise a salad with egg or chicken won't do harm. I lost my first stone very quickly on Exante shakes. For the last three days I have been unwell and had pain killers which gave me the munchies badly! I have eaten a few things that I shouldn't have but started today with a lovely vanilla shake to get back on track and ditched the pain killers. I have 9 lbs more to lose before I reach the two stone mark. I bought new set of scales when I started Exante and use only those to weigh now. The tell me everything! BMI, water, fat, etc and it's lovely seeing the numbers drop. I'm feeling better today so I m off to paint the kitchen walls. Have a good day and we'll compare notes later perhaps.

Welcome! This is a great place to find support and we all need it. It can be really difficult when you have food related events but if you stand your ground and take a shake or a bar with you to enjoy you'll be fine. Otherwise a salad with egg or chicken won't do harm. I lost my first stone very quickly on Exante shakes. For the last three days I have been unwell and had pain killers which gave me the munchies badly! I have eaten a few things that I shouldn't have but started today with a lovely vanilla shake to get back on track and ditched the pain killers. I have 9 lbs more to lose before I reach the two stone mark. I bought new set of scales when I started Exante and use only those to weigh now. The tell me everything! BMI, water, fat, etc and it's lovely seeing the numbers drop. I'm feeling better today so I m off to paint the kitchen walls. Have a good day and we'll compare notes later perhaps.

Thank you Starwarbler for your welcome and words of support. I agree we all need a little support and this is a great place to start.

I think I'll be ok with the food events. I'd planned to do the man plan anyway and add in a some eggs or chicken but then thought I'd see if I can manage without them so I'll take a bar with me and if all else fails my last resort will be to have a small salad.

Congratulations on your weight loss so far and sorry to hear you have been in pain. I'm sure a fewblips won't cause you any harm and sounds like you are back in the zone again now. Enjoy your painting.

Well I've almost made it through day 2!

Todays menu was White Choc & Berry Shake (Yum), Beef & Black bean pot (a tad bland but was palatable with some seasoning) and finally a choc caramel crunch bar which was rather nice.

I am currently drooling over some southern fried chicken I have cooking for hubs but I WILL resist.

I've also had a coke zero and copious amounts of water.

I've decided to change weigh in day to a Saturday as I've promised to send pics of my scale reading to a friend to keep me on track and its just easier to do that on a Saturday than during the week. So I'll weigh tomorrow and then weekly from there, not expecting a huge loss in 2 days but I'm ok with that.

Hope everyone's had a good day.

Morning All,

Well I managed to resist the southern fried chicken last night!

Today is going to be a tough one. I help run my local football club and on a Saturday I cook for the players, do the bar and then clean the hall afterwards. It a long 6 hours session in the club but starts early in the morning for me cooking and making sure the kits are ready. And there are always lots of biscuits out on the side which are usually irresistible to me!

I did have a little taste of the sausage casserole I have been cooking, BUT it was just a tiny taste just to make sure it tasted just right.

I brought myself two large bottles of flavoured sparkling water as thought that might distract my stomach but I have read somewhere citric acid is not good on this diet so now I am thinking it will just have to be black coffee and water!!

As mentioned yesterday I decided to change my weigh in day to a Saturday so I can send through a pic of my scales to my friend and I am delighted to say after 2 days I am down 3.5lbs, well 3.75lbs but the weight thing on her only allows for 1 decimal place so I rounded down my start weight by the 0.25.

So here goes to a long day, I hope yesterdays headache doesn't come back.

Wishing everyone a great weekend.

Hello and welcome!

I use the flavoured waters also. They are so low in calories that I don't think they really do affect weight loss. If you re having 600 or 800 cals a day then one or two more won't matter. It doesn't seem to affect my weight loss.

I use the flavoured waters also. They are so low in calories that I don't think they really do affect weight loss. If you re having 600 or 800 cals a day then one or two more won't matter. It doesn't seem to affect my weight loss.

I stuck with normal water in the end but maybe I'll have them next week instead. I made it through a long football shift without any hiccups. I was drooling over the fresh bread but I resisted.

Hello 👋 I’ve just signed up to the forum (a first for me!) and I am starting my exante in the morning! I have had the products for a week but have deliberately delayed starting until I had a clear month and can become a bit of a recluse while I adjust.

I’ve around 7 stone to lose, I’ve put on over 5 stone in the last 5 years after the sudden loss of my sister, I guess I used food to comfort myself and in that 5 year period I think I am single handily responsible for at least 75% of Pringle’s profits ( personal record was two full tubes in one sitting 😬) 🙈😂

I’m really looking forward to starting and so ready to claim myself back! Good to find someone just starting too, good luck to us! X

Welcome to this great forum! I'm sorry to hear bout your difficult time over the past few years. Comfort eating is so nice but so bad habit to get into isn't it? You'll have flying start if you don't have events to attend and others to cook for. The weight will fly off!

Welcome to this great forum! I'm sorry to hear bout your difficult time over the past few years. Comfort eating is so nice but so bad habit to get into isn't it? You'll have flying start if you don't have events to attend and others to cook for. The weight will fly off!
Thank you, I do hope so! X

Hi All,

I have just started Exante after following the Cambridge plan. My consultant has quit and no more in my area so decided to try Exante fingers crossed I continue to lose weight.

Good luck to everyone following this plan any tips or favourite products you want to share please do xx

Good luck to you! I personally like from exante most of the shakes (strawberry/raspberry ones espec), most bars (toffee nut, white chocolate are up on the list) and sweet sour noodles and beef pot. Also the veg soup and squash soup. People's taste buds differ a LOT though so that's just my own preference. As Superdrug sell them, ive sometimes combined with the Lighterlife bolognese as i absolutely love that stuff - not so keen on other products they have though!

Back