My FIL - RANT!!

Send them all a memo telling them you want a multi-agency meeting and could they provide a conference room at Social Services. Give them a few dates to start with and tell them you would like something arranged in the next 7-14 days. If it is in writing it can be produced later x

Thanks gem, that's pretty much what Colleen has done.

Good - they have to be seen to be doing especially when concerns are in writing. A paper trail is always useful anyway so keep a file (I'm sure you have anyway) x

I've told Colleen to make sure she takes minutes and then circulate them with action points Gem.

Yes, they won't like that will they Gem. :D

great idea Jim :D good luck Coleen!

Hi Jim - any updates honey?

The meeting is on Thursday Vicky, Colleen has a sheaf of notes and questions. As it happens he seems to be going through a quiet phase at the moment. Touch wood!!

Thanks everyone.

Get colleen all fired up in the morning, wind her and up and let her go and kick butt!

Colleen came back with a long list of things that they say they are going to do for Jack Andrea, a lot more care and more frequent visits from the District Nurse, no joy on the mental health assessment though, they say they will monitor that. We'll see how it goes. The good news is she came away with all their mobile numbers and email addresses.

Result Jim - at least she has maximum "pester power" and as Bev says in her siggy - "It's the wheel that squeaks that gets the most oil" x

Oh great Jim. Well done Colleen - woke up at 4am this morning thinking 'i must ask Jim how it went!'

I agree, it's a good start, she told me they all looked very uncomfortable when she went through all the detailed points of the problems we've had. :D Good, let the ******* squirm.

Back