My first time sharing my diary-any advice welcome

kitty75

I have decided to share my food diary after a few bad weeks where I have STS, I have lost a stone so far in 11 weeks and wondering why my weight loss has stopped all of a sudden when I don't think I have changed my food.

Any help/advice would be great

Tues: (EE)
Breakfast- magic porridge with 1 x banana and 1 x coffee (just milk)
Lunch- salad with couscous/chicken pieces/ 1/2 tbsp mayo (i counted 4.5 syns as it was full fat)
1 x coffee & pint of weak cordial
Tea- grilled chicken breast, roasted new potatoes (done in frylight), broccoli, syn free peppercorn sauce with mushrooms/onions
frozen berries with banana & 30g choc philly (4 syns)

8.5 syns

Weds: (EE)
Breakfast- magic porridge with 1 x banana and 1 x coffee (just milk)
Lunch- salad with couscous/chicken pieces/ 1/2 tbsp mayo (i counted 4.5 syns as it was full fat)
pint of weak cordial
Dinner-a stew made from beans, peppers, onions, suede, lentils & 30g chorizo (3 syns)/2 x SW cheese scones/small grilled chicken breast
1 x greek muller light yoghurt (0.5 syns)

8 syns

Thursday

Breakfast-30g crunchy bran and a banana.
1x coffee and milk

Lunch- left over lentil stew with chorizo (3syns) and 25g couscous

Tea- mushroom/ pea risotto with broccoli and 100g smoked mackerel (3syns )

Does my plan look ok anyone? Any tips/advice?
Thanks

Hello! :)

Your food looks ok for the most part, could maybe do with a bit more superfree in there? If you're eating the same as you were a few weeks ago then that might be the problem too, a change is as good as a rest and trying out some new recipes could help a lot.

Another note, I find I don't lose as much if I eat a lot of bananas. I know some people can lose weight fine with them, and others seem to struggle. I still have them when I want them, but I know if I do that my weight loss will slow down a little. I don't mind a slower loss, I'm here for the long haul and slower is better for me as it gives my skin chance to keep up with the loss. It might be worth swapping your banana for another fruit for a week, see what happens?

I'd try and get a bit more water/squash in as well, guidelines say to aim for about 2 litres a day and more if you exercise.

Thanks Purplebint for taking time to look and advise, very interesting about the bananas, might try having diff fruit, thats laziness on my side cause i know if i buy bananas they will last longer than say melon/ strawberries! I am the worst at drinking as well, trying to get better at it but some days impossible like today with a 4.45am start and driving all day. Re the superfree food, i tend to cram in tonnes of assorted veggies when doing my meals-particular teas.
After looking at your diary, def have lots of new ideas to try out. Been naughty and had a quick cheaky weigh this morning and might have lost between half and a pound this week so yayyy.
Thanks again hun for the advice :)

Last edited:
Friday-

Breakfast: 1 x alpen light (pre 5am start and only had one alpen bar left... OH must have been scoffing them on the sly!!)

Mid morn: skinny latte

Lunch: quorn chilli, 1 x sw cheese scone

Dinner- not sure yet, will report back later

If it's fruit to go with breakfast, then you could buy it and freeze it in breakfast ready portions? or buy the bags of frozen berries and stuff (3 for a fiver from sainsburys) that last forever :)

I can be a cheeky weigher too, I've currently hidden my scales under my bed to see if I can break the habit hehe

yayyyyy 2lbs 1/4 off this week.... so happy after couple weeks staying the same. Given me a boost again and fridge stocked up with lots of good things.

Sat: Breakfast- mush/pepper/tomato omelette & punnet of blueberries

lunch- pork patties with salad/couscous

dinner- 1 x pitta (hexb), gonna try to make the sw doner kebab/ salad & sw chips (can't wait)

Yay, congratulations!

I love the donor kebab recipe, one of the best ever SW recipes I've tried. Enjoy!

Thanks so much hun, you have been a massive help this week and given me a refreshed outlook on the plan. Gonna try and mix it up a bit this week and try some new recipes and bulk up on the old superfrees

Thank hun x

image-3421986886.jpg

Yummmmmm!!! How is this a diet??! Hahaha

sunday (EE)

brekkie- mush/pepper/onion omelette with beans
lunch- leftover sw doner/pitta/salad, ran out of fromage frais so going to attempt to make some kind of dressing out of quark/garlic/white wine vinegar
tea- tandoori chicken kebabs with savoury rice & salad

Determind its gonna be a GOOD week this week :)

image-2851500458.jpg

Hmmmm chicken,pepper, red onion kebabs with halloumi. Ended up using lots of my syns on low fat halloumi which needed to be used. Served with savory rice and salad

Monday (EE)
Brekkie- magic porridge with blueberries
lunch- mixed salad, cottage cheese, couscous, wafer thin turkey slices
tea- fake baked crispy chowmein noodles with stir fry veg & chicken

image-700964526.jpg

Been so rubbish with food diary and after last weeks Jubilee weekend blow out, bit ashamed to post to be honest!
4lbs damage last weekend, managed to claw 2lbs back this WI.

Having a super speed food morning

Breakfast: a cantelope melon

Lunch: super speed soup

Tea: soy glazed chicked (from gok wan program) with rice and broccoli

This is going to be a good food week... I can feel it in my bones haha

I do it from my phone, theres a little + symbol at top of screen with option to add photo. Hope this helps :)

image-3374063188.jpg

Remains of my bowl of super speed soup, must have gone wrong somewhere with recipe because i made enough to feed the whole street haha... Anyone want some speed soup??? :)

Hmmm that sounds good, yeah its a task remembering to photographing nom nom nom haha hence the pic of almost finished soup ;)
X

11/06
Breakfast: crunchy bran with banana
Dinner: super speed soup
Tea: smash chicken, sw chips & mushy peas

Back