My fishy week!

mine goes in the oven and cant say i have noticed a smell:)

Ive been using mostly white fish and tuna, so not so much of a problem, I guess its stuff like kippers and smoked stuff that will give off the really fishy smells.

I love fish, and use the Saucy Fish Company products - they cook in foil bags, so you dont have the strong fishy smells in the kitchen!!!!

I love the Salmon in Chilli sauce - 4.5 syns on EE and Orig plans!!!

Here is a link to the website - i pick my Saucy Fish products up in Tesco.

xxx

The Saucy Fish Co

Wow - great news that others have had good losses too!

I am wanting a few extra gained lb's off from the weekend so intend to do a couple of fishy days this week.

Do you think if I had say one meal of fish a day, like evening meal that would be ok or shall I try for 2 a day??

First full fishy day for me:
Breakfast: pilchards in tom sauce on toast
Lunch: Smoked pepper mackerel and new potato salad
Dinner: Spaghetti with a chilli, tomato and lemon sauce and mixed seafood, with a bowl of salad

Had a semi fish day yesterday (just for tea): Birdseye simply cook salmon with new potatoes, baby carrots and green beans.

Yum yum yum

Wow - great news that others have had good losses too!

I am wanting a few extra gained lb's off from the weekend so intend to do a couple of fishy days this week.

Do you think if I had say one meal of fish a day, like evening meal that would be ok or shall I try for 2 a day??

I think it probably would make a difference, especially if you used fish which are superspeed in the meal you have. give it a go as it will be another test on the theory!

Gooood morning all

great to see so many people trying this out :D
here is my Red meal plan for today:-
  • 28g porridge oats (B)+1 ryvita**
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • mixed berries
  • banana
  • tuna pate -have made this and have it chilling down
  • 1 ryvita **
  • lettuce
  • cucumber
  • tomatoes
  • celery
  • carrot
  • red/yellow pepper
  • gherkin
  • beetroot
  • corner crunch yog (4)
  • sf jelly (1)
  • Gambas con romesco (prawns)
  • vegetable stir fry (0.5)
  • 28g peas (1)
  • 28g sweetcorn (1.5)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • 1 fibre plus bar (B)
Righty ho thats is the A+Bs sorted and 8.5 syns (if I don't change my mind again later :whistle:)
Yesterday got swapped around a little -but I still had fish -for all 3 meals :p

I have to say that I softened chopped red pepper and de-seeded tomato in a non-stick frying pan -scrambled in 2 eggs and some smoked salmon for brekkie yesterday -you wouldn't believe how filling it was...thought it might be of use to someone ...

looking forward to seeing more weigh in results ...have a lovely day everyone

Good morning... Tonight's the night... I'm getting all excited now!!

So breakfast was I had yogurt and fruit followed by crispbread with sild.
Lunch will be vegetable soup (which is cooking now and smells soooooooo good!) with a salmon salad sandwich.
Tea, I'm not sure yet, hubby has asked me if I want a treat for tea, and I told him it depended on how much I lost LOL :p

My weigh in night tonight as well... fingers crossed for all the tuesday weighers

Good Morning to each and all, 2 days left to WI

Its brilliant to see all them weight losses, keep it up

Day 5

Breakfast - quorn sausage, mushroom and cheese (hexA ) omelette

Lunch - Prawn and crab stick Jacket pot with salad - straws and yog to finish.

Dinner - Smoked Haddock with mash pot and veg

will have some syns thoughtout the day,

Day 1 of fishy week
breakfast
kippers and tinned tomatoes

Lunch
Ham or chicken salad (going to try chewing salad which i haven't done since tooth extraction)

Dinner
Tuna and Sweetcorn with onion and tomatoes
with extra light mayo (1 syn)
plums

HEA Milk
HEB probably 2 alpen Lights

My mum has just come back from her SW class after trying out the fishy week and she lost 7lbs!!!!!

Weigh day for me tomorrow after a fishy (ish) week. Had a few days off as it can get a bit boring and OH gets fed up with it. ;)

OH is pretty good although he doesnt like salmon which I love!! so I have to prepare two different meals.

I would love 2 pounds this week, weigh day tomorrow so fingers crossed. Off to shops after work to stock up on fish products!! ;)

Great idea Pesty. Day 1 of my fish week today:

Brekkie - Banana and Iced Latte (HEA)
Snack - alpen light (1/2 heb)
Lunch - wholemeal roll (heb)with prawns and 1/4 cucumber, plus 1 tbsp ex light h/mans mayo (0.5 syn) and fresh fruit pack
Snack - Iced Latte (hea) and Alpen Light bar (1/2 heb)
Dinner - stir fry veg with 2 salmon fillets marinaded in soy sauce and m/light yogurt
Snack- snack time out bar (5)

Thats 5.5 syns today, saving some for a night out on Saturday for a few vodka and diet cokes :)

Great news on everyones losses, way to go xx

Well I have just had lunch, roasted Salmon & tomatoes with Rocket Salad, very nice, even if I did slightly over cook the salmon!

Need to think of ways to cook some rainbow trout for tonight - thinking of putting it in foil with tomatoes & garlic & having some chilli roasted potatoes (HEb) with it???

My day 4 fishy diary :)

Breakfast: Alpen light cereal bar (3syns), Activia FF yoghurt
Lunch: 2 x Ryvita crispbreads (HEB) Smoked Salmon, 42g reduced fat cheese (HEA) rocket,watercress and spinach salad with 2 tbsp Hellmans FF vinagrette (0.5syns) Activia FF yog
Snacks: apple, bananna
Dinner: panfried Plaice fillet, carrots, broccoli and sweetcorn with 200g (frozen weight) McCains Rustic oven chips (2syns)
1/3Pt sugarfree strawberry jelly (0.5syn), strawberries, 20g Anchor Light aerosol cream (1syn)
Total: 7syns
Total for week: 61.5 approx
syns remainder 8.5syns

Back