My fishy week!

well well well....

ive been reading this thread for last couple of weeks and im so inspired that i am starting my fishy week today!!!

Snuggles well done you!!!!:D
your weight losses doing fishy week have been fantastic!!!
and i think you may have come up with a good way of boosting weight losses....

well ive been out to sainsburys and i have bought nearly the whole fish counter.
im so excited to start me fishy week i hope i have a good loss in my first week doing it!!

ive bought haddock....salmon....trout....palaice fillet..
any ideas on what to do with it to make it more lively??
i do red and green so will have to be red friendly!!

Brilliant loss, snuggles thats a great loss, 12 in 2 weeks!!! You couldn't get that from doing a vlcd even and you're eating great stuff too. Well done on everyone else doing this and with their losses.

Ok, day 2 of fish week :) :

Brekkie - Banana and iced latte (hea)
Snack - Alpen Light
Lunch - 50g Mackerela (2 syns) and king prawn salad, necterine.
Mullerlight vanilla yogurt, 2 oranges
Dinner - King Prawn and muscle's, with pasta, passata, chilli, lemon and peppers, onions, and mushrooms.
Alpen Light, strawberries and small butterkiss popcorn (5.5)

Know thats only 7.5 syns, but carrying some over each day for vodka :) and diet coke on Saturday night ;). Good luck everyone today x

Hi Tanny, good luck for your week, hope you are well hun, not heard from you?

ive bought haddock....salmon....trout....palaice fillet..
any ideas on what to do with it to make it more lively??

i do red and green so will have to be red friendly!!

I'd do the fish and chips and mushy peas with the plaice, check out the "fish, chips and mushy peas", you can do that on red, need to count your mushy peas and wedge your chips.

Salmon - do that, teryaki style, marinade that in soy sauce and 1/2 tsp of sweetneer overnight if you can, or at least 6 hours in a bag in the fridge. Cook that in foil in oven for 20 mins, and have that over stif fry for another red day, thats yummy, had that last night.

Not sure on the trout, but sure someone else can give you a recipe for that :). Enjoy xx

good luck with weigh in Deb would be great to hit target!!

Even my boss made a comment about how much I have shrunk over the last couple of weeks!

good luck with weigh in Deb would be great to hit target!!

Even my boss made a comment about how much I have shrunk over the last couple of weeks!
You loss over the last 2 weeks has been amazing! Really hoping for a fraction of your loss tomorrow... I'm not greedy- I only want 3Ib! :)

I started my fish week today, wish me luck! It's a week of discovery for me.

Today I'm having:
Grapefruit and yogurt

Scrambled eggs on toast with kippers(A+B+2 syns)

Haddock with new pots and veg (B)

Then find something for syns for snacks.

Planning to bake the haddock in foil, what herbs would go well with it please?

Snuggle, that 12lb loss is amazing.. have you measured yourself as well? I know people are starting to notice that i've lost weight now and thats 20lb altogether lost. Will be interesting to see what inches you've lost too in that short time :). Beats a VLCD doesn't it?

Good luck Laura with your week, im on day 2 now.

Snuggle, I'm struggling with packed lunches for work, had prawn salad roll yest, smoked mackerel and prawn salad today, doing tuna salad roll tomorrow and heck knows on Friday lol.. Main meals are fine, as have enough fish in to last me. Its just lunch. x

How about Tuna pate on Ryvita, with salad?
Tuna pate: don't know exact quantities on this
Tuna
Quark
Spring onions
Seasoning
Blitz together until smooth

or smoked salmon pate if your feeling a bit flush:
Smoked salmon pate

8oz smoked salmon pieces (or mackerel if preferred)
8oz natural low fat cottage cheese.
Lemon juice
Black pepper.

Blend all ingredients together until smooth.

Any suggestions on a red day dinner? I was going to have the Salmon on stir fry which EF says above but i dont have time to marinade anything??

I might switch to EE and syn my B choice that way i can have seafood linguine!! xx

Any suggestions on a red day dinner? I was going to have the Salmon on stir fry which EF says above but i dont have time to marinade anything??

I might switch to EE and syn my B choice that way i can have seafood linguine!! xx

You could always roast the salmon??

I bung mine in a oven proof dish, sprayed with frylight, add a good splash of wostershire (sp!!) sauce, salt & pepper & thats it! 14ish mins in the oven at 200 & its yummy!

You could have 198g new pots roased in maybe chilli flakes & some veg or salad with it too!

Afternoon all

Well done on the losses everyone :D

Day 4 of fish week for me.... and today menu is nice n simple...its far too warm for faffing around :p:-
  • plums -didn't fancy much
  • tuna pate -1/2 left from yesterday
  • 2 ryvitas (B)
  • carrot
  • cucumber
  • peppers
  • celery
  • beetroot
  • carrot
  • melon
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • prawns
  • crabsticks
  • 198g steamed potatoes (B)
  • lettuce
  • cucumber
  • celery
  • peppers
  • tomato
  • gherkin
  • beetroot
  • sf jelly (1)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • fibre plus bar (5.5)
So thats 2A+Bs and 7.5syns used up ...
Im actually enjoying all my meals so far -but its so hot here somethings I want to do -like fish with parsley sauce are off the menu , still I can make things like that during my next fish week ;)
hope everyone is doing well
*ooohh and in case its of use to anyone -for the tuna pate I just blitzed:-
  • 1 tin tuna of tuna in water (drained)
  • 2tbs quark with herbs
  • 4 capers
  • seasoning
and then stirred in 2 chopped spring onions and a squeeze of lemon juice and then stuck in the fridge to chill

For those doing EE, I cook a Pasta n Sauce, let it cool, then stir in some tuna, or mackerel (tomato & onion one good for this) or cheese & broccoli with salmon. Eat cold the next day. Yummy! I also do this with things like chicken & ham. Pasta n Sauces are great cold for lunches, as the sauce stops the pasta sticking together.

Yum yum yum , Capricorn can I come to yours for the week - your food looks lovely!

Day 2 of Fishy Week for me, and enjoying it so far. Going to have prawn curry tonight I think, with savoury rice and some veg. Im really tired so hoping that it's simple.

Fantastic losses ladies!

Newish to this forum, but i had to double take at snuggle69's weight loss, that's incredible in 18 weeks. I don't really eat much in the way of fish, like others its knowing what to do with it. But now I'll definitely be having a nosey for some recipes.

Well done, Thats really good! I need me some fishy doing! Lol. Can I ask a few questions about it? Sorry I know there are a few threads about it but doesnt exactly say what you can have, is it literally just fish? Or can we have veg and salad with that? Also any particular fish? Cooked in any way? Thanks xxx

Back