My fishy week!

Just follw whatever plan you are doing and replace any meat you would normally have with fish Simple as that and I have been having cod haddock prawns tuna salmon tinned mackerel.... be careful tho smoked mackerel is synned just look in your book if you have one and look at all the fish thats free on red and ee and fill ya boots :D:D:D

Smoked mackerel is 1 syn per 28g, smoked haddock is free... on Red and Extra Easy x

Just back from WI 3.5lbs lost, fairly happy wth that, so will have another fishy week, just making easy tuna pasta bake from an old SW magazine x

Congrats on your loss Janegreen, I'll be really happy if I lose that when I WI on Saturday.
Just wanted to share my 'concoction' dinner tonight, a kinda veg prawn stew...

Stir fry spring onions, garlic, finely chopped carrots, chopped green beans and chilli flakes.
When soft, stir in some passatta and salt and pepper and a bit of sweetner if needed, until reduced.
Add some cooked king prawns and a big squeeze of lime and warm through.
Serve with fluffy rice

My day 5 fishy diary:

Breakfast: Activia Fat free
Lunch: Tuna, with 0.5tbsp each of exta light mayo and reduced fat salad cream (1syn) rocket, watercress and spinach salad with 2 tbsp fat free vinagrette (0.5 syn) cucumber and 2 Ryvita (HEB)
Snacks: apple, Activia fat free
Dinner: roasted salmon with black pepper. Lettuce, cucumber, spring onion, beetroot, mange tout, baby sweetcorn. Baby new potatoes, spring onion and seasoning with 1tbsp each exta light mayo and reduced fat salad cream (2syns)
Total syns: 3.5syns
Syns for week: 68 syns

Well done Jane!

I had the speedy prawn curry tonight - it was gorgeous!

More great losses, well done all!!
My day has been rather manic today, I started work at 6am and I have just sat down so totally whacked!
Food diary today
Breakfast:Mullerlight, mixed berries, alpen light
mid morning: grapes and banana
Lunch: Smoked mackerel, salad
Afternoon: Apple and grapes
Dinner: mixed seafood stir fry, with a few to many chillies lol so paying for that one atm!!

Thank you for putting the syn values for smoked mackerel :)

Made a fish pie yesterday and didn't have all the ingredients for a recipe I found on here so I made it like this and it turned out yummy!

Smoked Mackerel and Smoked Haddock, cooked and put into the bottom of a casserole dish.
Cover with a sauce made from 5 x laughing cow light triangles melted in a pan with a small amount of water (I put about 100ml water in). Don't boil the water, just get it very hot and the triangles will melt. Keep stirring all the time or it may stick to the bottom of your pan. Into this I put some chopped mushrooms, mixed herbs and salt and I kept stirring for a while until it thickened a little.

So on top of your fish and your cheesy sauce in the casserole, put a layer of sweetcorn, red pepper (diced) and brocolli all cooked

Top with potatoes and sweet potatoes boiled and mashed (of course you can use a different veg for the mash topping if necessary). You can put cheese on top but I didn't and it was rich enough and very tasty.

x

Good Morning to all our fishy friends

WI (tonight at 5pm)

Breakfast - cheese omelette with spring onions yogurt and straws

Lunch - Home made haddock and leek fishcakes with tomato salad and bulgar wheat

Dinner - Fish and SW Chips with peas

Syns will be used thoughtout the day, on what i fancy......

Good luck for WI tonight Jack D !

I am having some of last night dinner left over for lunch today - made the chicken, sausage & cheese pie thingy for hubby & ended having that with him last night as I was home late.

So will have a slice of that with Salad for lunch & am making the prawn curry (with mussles though) for dinner tonight :)

Got any sweet chilli sauce Pesty, or a lemon? Grate the rind and squeeze the lemon, and then bake or put in foil. or splash a tbsp of sweet chilli sauce and then bake in foil. x

EF funny you should say that - i ate some sweet chilli sauce last nyt but i used it to dip some chicken in when i got home as i was starving and couldnt wait for tea :eek:

I had taglatelle with prawns salmon and mussells in a bit of passatta and chilli flakes in the end. It was very yummy and i got away with an EE day! Im trying to decide whether to have a prawn curry tonight or a burger tonight and a prawn roll tomorrow! (Im having one meal a day as fishy!)

Thanks for the fish pie recipe Hathor! Will have to give that one a go!!

Well done on your losses everyone, i really just want to lose 1/2 this week to get my 1.5 stone award, anymore would be a bonus!!

xx

Not feeling up to eating much today (haven't eaten yet) as have been awake most of the night with tooth/jaw pain. A bit frustrating as it has been 10 days now since my accident and stil in pain. Gum is majorly wollen as is jaw so all foods will have to be soft today.

Breakfast
very ripe melon
cottage cheese with pinapple

lunch
homemade soup
sardines

tea
tuna and sweetcorn with extra light mayo

Will have milk as HEA
Hifi bar if mouth is up to chewing for healthy B

EF funny you should say that - i ate some sweet chilli sauce last nyt but i used it to dip some chicken in when i got home as i was starving and couldnt wait for tea :eek:

I had taglatelle with prawns salmon and mussells in a bit of passatta and chilli flakes in the end. It was very yummy and i got away with an EE day! Im trying to decide whether to have a prawn curry tonight or a burger tonight and a prawn roll tomorrow! (Im having one meal a day as fishy!)

I had the same, apart from I didn't have any salmon in mine and squirted and grated some lemon into the passatta too, with roasted peppers and mushrooms. Did EE as well :)

Great minds Pesty :).. I'm doing 2 fish meals a day, so today and on Red and I am having:

Brekkie - Banana with Iced Latte (HEA)
snack - Alpen Light Bar (1/2 HEB)
Lunch - Tuna 2tbsp ex light h/mans mayo (1 syn), w/meal roll (heb), cucumber and 1 50g smoked mackeral fillet (2syns). Fruit pack.
Snack - Iced Latte and 2 satsumas (think thats what they area, lol)
Dinner - 2 x Marinaded Salmon Fillets, with soy sauce and lemon juice, and 6 king prawns, baked in foil with salad
Desert - Muller light Yogurt, Alpen Light.

Thats 3 syns, saving the rest for Saturday eve, x

Ok, today is the last "official day" of fish week for me although I will be carrying it through till WI on Monday. Total loss since starting fish week, to date, according to home scales, is 7.25lb!!!!!!!!!!!!! OVER HALF A STONE!!!

Amazing. Definitely going to do this for one week a month to keep my body on its toes!

Well done on the losses everyone :party0049:
Wow MLM-what a brilliant result:woohoo:
:cross: it carries on in that direction until mondays weigh in.
Im thinking of doing a fish week once a month after this, even if just to shake things up a little and keep my system guessing... on day 5 today :D

Back