My fishy week!

im back on track at last this week and came across your thread snuggles, must say its inspired me and a few others by the looks of things to give it a whirl to kickstart the loss again fingers crossed, some great recipes thanks everyone keep up the good work.

Just a note if you're doing red days - you need to leave the skin on your jacket potatoes for them to count as a B choice. All the fibre and goodness is in the skin.
thanks for that-didn't know that .... although Im ok as I ate the skins off mine as I peeled them (my fave bit) :p -I think that is the 1st mash I have done since I started SW -so at least I haven't been "cheating myself" -thanks again :D

Phew! I wasn't judging but I was thinking "is that even safe" :) Glad I waited a bit before I started doing my work - don't think I'd be doing my patients any favours if I'm being that dense this morning, lol x

Phew! I wasn't judging but I was thinking "is that even safe" :) Glad I waited a bit before I started doing my work - don't think I'd be doing my patients any favours if I'm being that dense this morning, lol x

Your not alone!! I thought Capricorn meant raw to!! lol I just didnt want to ask haha.

Had fish again for dinner last night, just roasted some smoked haddock with beans egg and SW chips!!

Hoping it will save me as im going out for drinks tonight and dinner on sunday!! xx

Am I right in thinking it's birthday drinks Pesty? I have it on good authority that those calories don't count ;)
Hope you have a great time, and I'm happy to ask the daft questions, lol. The problem is, I don't always realise they're daft till they've come out of my mouth, lol x

thanks for that-didn't know that .... although Im ok as I ate the skins off mine as I peeled them (my fave bit) :p -I think that is the 1st mash I have done since I started SW -so at least I haven't been "cheating myself" -thanks again :D

Why not mash them with the skins on - my kids love mash like that and it's a good way of getting some fibre into them as well....

Just a thought

silly question but the fish weeks i assume that's fish for both lunch and dinner.

Thanks MadameLaMinx, don't mind twice in 1 day don't think i could do breakfast as well.

Inspired by this thread, my OH and I got very adventurous and bought frozen octupus (in our local chinese store)....and with some spicy tomatoey sauce (homemade) it was simply yummy! I have had it a few times abroad but never before considered eating it here at home. I know it's seafood more than fish, but I'll be definitely having it more often in future. I just LOVE the variety on the SW plan. I've been on holidays for the past few weeks and have not really been on-plan but going back will be easy so long as I keep thinking of new things to eat. x

Morning all

Madferret -thanks for the idea.... I love crushing potatoes in their skins -but I was hoping to get hubby to like fish pie and thought the creamy mash would help -and it did he loved it:eek:
well folks I have just weighed in -and have lost 4.5lbs :happy036:-Im really happy as this week I have been having fish once a day -and loving it.... I also increased my syns as I wasn't using as many as I should AND I cut down on the exercise -hubby said I was doing too much -so this week I have done much much less;)
Hope everyone is having a good week :D

well done capricorn that's an excellent result. Will be doing a fishy week from friday next week, hubby doesn't like fish much so is going to be fun. But hoping for a result like yours.

Am I right in thinking it's birthday drinks Pesty? I have it on good authority that those calories don't count ;)
Hope you have a great time, and I'm happy to ask the daft questions, lol. The problem is, I don't always realise they're daft till they've come out of my mouth, lol x

hey Giblet, yes i had my bday drinks friday!! I feel awfully guilty as ive also had a chinese and been out for lunch today :rolleyes:

Im not sure the scales are going to be very kind tomorrow!! Still its only once a year! Whatevers on i'll get off in no time!! xx

Had a really good fishy week a few weeks back & have been really disappointed since returning to normal extra easy so I think I can feel another fishy week coming along really soon!!!

more great losses people, I have been very good this week, but not had huge amounts of fish as I had done 3 weeks on the trot...but the results are not looking fantastic so a couple of fish heavy days for me before weigh in :)

Back