My fishy week!

Had a really good fishy week a few weeks back & have been really disappointed since returning to normal extra easy so I think I can feel another fishy week coming along really soon!!!

as my hubby says here i think a fish week is in order for us!!!!
dont think it will be until the end of the month though as we are away 18-20th,out for day on 22nd and away 23-27.......but definately starting a fish week on the 28th-lol!!! will more than need it.

This thread is such an inspiration, i'm going to start a fishy 5 days today.
I've just had smoked salmon canapes for lunch.. The bases were made with smash, flaked garlic and dried herbs mixed into a stiff dough then shaped into little round bases and baked in the oven, topping was quark, 2 laughing cows & lemon juice, then finished off with smoked salmon and cucumber... it was bloomin delicious

Starting my fishy week tomorrow... eek!

I have been watching this thread with great interest and after gaining 3lbs last week, although I did have keyhole surgery on my belly, so I am sure alot of the gain is fluid and swelling etc, I am on holidays 3 weeks today,, so I am going for 100% on plan, fishy weeks, for 3 weeks on EE,, dear lord help me! :eek: Wish me luck,, although I didnt officially start today, I had smoked mackeral with jacket and salad for dinner and it was gorgeous,, I know there are some syns in smoked mackeral,, but it was lush,,
Good luck all
Lara

Hey Lara,
After tomorrow, I think I'll need to do a full fishy week too! Reckon my gain will be at least 3lb on Thursday (if not more like 5lb!!) So annoyed with myself. Just not sure how I can stomach a FULL fishy week. When I did fishy teas I lost 3.5lbs tho, so it's definitely worth it.
Loads of luck everyone and I hope all is going well x

Jamie Oliver tuna meatballs

Jamie Oliver does a tuna meatball with spaghetti recipe which is amazing,, I may have to see if it can be adapted to sw,,, hmmmm:D

hi, been watching this with fascination. although i'm not hardcore enough to have fish with every meal yet, i am having a portion everyday so will be interested to see what the scales say friday. sounds silly, but is there any ideas for fish that is not too fishy? am easing myself in gradually. x

hello all, glad its going well for everyone still...I have had rather a bad week, lots going on at home and work so not been 100% and am off on holiday tomorrow, still lots of walking should help combat any naughtiness and once I am back it will be a 100% fishy week for me again!!
Keep the recipes coming, as I will definatly need some yummy but very good recipes when I get home x

At last first loss in 5 weeks 3lbs, stuck to this fish week religiously apart from the usual drink tue & thurs (naughty i know but old habits and all that) also i was forced, yes forced to go for a breakfast when we went fishing last sunday, i was forced, honest :) But anyways even with the over indulging i still managed 3lb loss which is just the kickstart i needed, many thanks one and all specially snuggles for starting this great thread.

whos been doing a fish week so i can look at their online diary, only lost 0.5 this week and want more next week.

if it helps, dinnertimes ive been taking 2 pitta breads (weight watchers wholemeal) which i believe are 3.5 syns each, ive then filled it with loads of salad and a tinned fish like sardines, mackerel & pichards, also had 2 bread toasted with the tinned fish heated chucked on for good measure. Must say im enjoying them and only using half mi syns.

if it helps, dinnertimes ive been taking 2 pitta breads (weight watchers wholemeal) which i believe are 3.5 syns each, ive then filled it with loads of salad and a tinned fish like sardines, mackerel & pichards, also had 2 bread toasted with the tinned fish heated chucked on for good measure. Must say im enjoying them and only using half mi syns.

Incase you didnt know - ASDA wholemeal pittas are 1 HEX B choice so no syns at all!

I have fish either poached or baked (wrapped in tin foil with lemon juice) and have it with either, pasta, veg or salad. Ive even made SW chips and had it with beans and an egg - all very yummy!!

I only do one fishy meal a day for dinner! But today i had smoked salmon and scrambled egg for breakfast - very nice it was too!!

xx

thank you both for your reply x

Pesty, whats the weight loses like with just 1 fishy meal a day, cant think what to have to have 2 lol x

Well I cant actually tell you hun!!

I did one meal a day last week for 5 days and was heading for a brilliant loss but then i had my bday weekend and spoilt it all. I gained half at WI luckily and definitley think that fish had something to do with it!!

I had a chinese, mass amounts of vodka and shots, a harvester meal and ice cream for pud, a roast dinner and banoffee pie for pud and i only put on half lb so i think if you did one meal fishy a day and didnt throw it all away at the weekend that you can have a fantastic loss!!

Ive had my 1 meal as breakfast for the past 2 days - smoked salmon and scrambled eggs!! yummy! xx

Afternoon all

*Louise* Just in case it helps -
I did the 1st week having fish for lunch and dinner and lost 5lb
last week I had fish for lunch and meat for dinner and still lost 4.5lb (although I do have a lot to lose)

off the top of my head I had :-
  • tuna pate -tinned tuna in wate, drained and bashed up with FF quark, spring onions
  • home made fish cakes
  • fish pie
  • salmon baked in foil -lovely with 1tbs sweet chili sauce (0.5syn)
  • poached smoked haddock with roast veg
  • white fish with home made cheese /parsley sauce
then you have things like prawns, seafood sticks..
hope it helps....

Well folks I have been having fish for lunches again this week (apart from yesterday because we were out-so it was chicken).
Im having poached smoked haddock with roast carrots, onions and peppers for lunch today -I am addicted to smoked haddock now :p-
weigh day is Sunday, so will pop back in with the result...
Have a great week everyone :D
Forgot to say -Pesty -Love your new pic... you look so different blonde ....

Incase you didnt know - ASDA wholemeal pittas are 1 HEX B choice so no syns at all!

Apparently not any more according to some other threads i've read (do a search on ASDA pitta) - they are made by a different company (The Flatbread Co) and now contain oil, meaning they are no longer a HEXB. Dont think the SW website has caught up yet.

Thanks capricorn, That helps me alot, i do like to have a variety of meat and fish, so im def having fish for dinner everyday.

What did you have with tuna pate thats sounds nice. x

Back