My fishy week!

Hi,
I did a fishy week mostly to clear out my freezer a bit, as am quite good at buying fish, but am at heart a carnivore. I found that it worked best for me on green days with fish as my HEBs or on EE.

have a look on my diary I really enjoyed all of the fishy meals I made, but didn't have a bigger loss than usual.
HTH

thank you for your replies i have put "fishy week" in the search panel at the top and browsed the fishy thread it goes on for ages but seems quite positive so im going to give it a go and start tuesday which is my WI days, if anything it seems healthy so im looking forward to it.

There was a girl at class this week who is close to target and had been having slow losses, she said she ate youngs cod pieces i think it was, 4 nights and she had a 3lb loss - and she thought it was the fish that did it! Worth a go!

Asda have frozen fish pieces on offer at the moment, its £2 for about 6 pieces

you can get some great deals at the fish counter if you go late enough.. they have to get rid of it or bin it so they sell it off cheap..
there might not be much choice, but if you're not just a cod person then see what you can land.. ( pun intended.. :) )

thanks for the reminder coljack i always used to get fish from the reduced section used to get some good bargains but havent thought about it recently, il have a look.

I need a bit of a boost and I think I'll do this with you. My tum always feels flatter after fish :)

My WI is on a Thursday but I like to be extra good between Monday and Wednesday so I'll start on Monday. It will do me good as it's my daughter's birthday weekend and I have a feeling I might stray a little for the first time since starting SW.

Are you going the whole hog and having fish for lunch and tea? Or just tea?

Good luck :cross:

Let's go fishing!! :character0053:

Hi i'm going to try having it for lunch but dinner will be the most important fish meal to me, hopefully we will see some good losses.

i believe so ive used mackeral in a stirfry before i'm going to browse the sw website later and the recipe section on here to see what i can find i dont want to get bored half way through luckily i love fish so shouldnt do.

On that very long fishy week thread someone recommended the BBC food website and Come Dine With Me website for recipe ideas ;)

I'm a fan of fish too - I don't eat it often enough really - probably because my son doesn't like it very much. My daughter, however, loves it! I shall have to experiment with some 10 year old boy friendly recipes :)

I usually enter my meals on my diary (link below) but I'd be happy to put my fish meals on this thread if you like, so we can share some ideas x

that would be great Ali* that way we can get ideas of each other i didnt quite finish the other fish thread on here its so long but i will do cos there seems some good ideas on there too

Might have to try a fishy week as well , it sounds like it can help and i don't mind a bit of fish mmm.. time to go looking for some recipes i think ( *toodles off to do some diggin about *)

i quite often have a tin or 2 of mackeral fillets in tomato sauce on toast for breakfast, free on EE/ red & only59p a tin in Aldi
Dor x

Please note any recipes down on here are ones that i have written down from previous threads so thank you to those that have shared these in the past and credit to them.

This could be used as a snack or for lunch on ryvita/scanbran:
Crab pate-
8 crabstixs
4.5oz tin of mackeral in tomato sauce
2 round tbsn fat free fromage frais
1 tsp lemon juice
pepper to season.

states its free on EE back in september but did wonder because of the tomato sauce in the fish.

Fish and chips.
908g of potatoes cut into chips.
4x cod fillets
juice of a lemon
salt and pepper
2oz of bread crumbs- 3 syns if using wholemeal slice.
4tbsn parsley
2x eggs.

season fish pieces with salt and pepper and leave to marinade in the lemon juice for 60 minutes.
boil potatoes half way drain and rough up edges. place on a tray with frylite
mix eggs and dip the fish in it then coat with the bread crumbs and parsley. cook the chips for 10 minutes in the oven and after 10 minutes put in the fish on a tray with frylite after 20-25 minutes check fish is hot through and cooked properly.:)

Last edited:
I know I ought to eat more fish, in fact I have 3 packs of it (for 2 people) in the freezer. I have done a fish curry for a tasting day and it went down well. Trouble is if I get a bone that's it! I can't eat any more.I've tried a stirfry but it breaks up and sticks to the wok. I have tuna steaks, quite cheap from Farmfoods, but if I'm honest I like my fish in batter!
I seem to remember back in the mists of time (35 years ago!) WW used to say you had to have 3 fish meals a week.

I am planning on doing a fish week next week (starting Fri). OH is on holiday skiing (and cant stand fish and the smell of it when I have it!), so looking forward to having lots of lovely fishy meals. Am aiming to do mainly RED / EE with fish at least 2 out of the 3 meals. Where I can do all 3 then I am going to go for it! :)

Hi judimac thanks for that i forgot about farmfoods we've got one of those in ashford i'l have to pop in. I'l wait for hubby to come back from golf though its his turn to pay lol:D

Back