My fishy week!

it does say in the SW book that you ought to eat 2 portions of fish a week, one of them oily..
it also says that fish and shellfish should be limited by mums-to-be, breastfeeding mums and teenagers

I love fish and will try to have some for my tea a few times this week, not sure if I could eat it every day though. Will have salmon with lots of veg tonight.

just had the fish and chips made with 1/2 a slice of wholemeal from 400g loaf so thats 1.5 syns and finished it off under the grill till crispy was lovely its nice to have something different to focus on.

went to sainsburys earlier and stocked up also got some sponge fingers at 1.0 syn each lovely.

yum salmon curry sounds good dont think ive had a curry with fish before it would be good if you could add the recipe on here pease x.

Well for lunch i've had crab sticks in EL salad cream with paprika and thyme with tomatoes and lots of salad leaves.
for tea im going to have fish and prawns in a pie dish covered in veggies and mashed potato with sald leaves need to sort out some kind of sauce though.

Well for lunch i've had crab sticks in EL salad cream with paprika and thyme with tomatoes and lots of salad leaves.
for tea im going to have fish and prawns in a pie dish covered in veggies and mashed potato with sald leaves need to sort out some kind of sauce though.

You're getting right into the swing of it! Thought you were going to start next week after WI?? :D

My hubby is at Sainsburys now with strict instructions to get me some nice fish for the next 3 nights ;)

Let us know how you get on x

I love fish too, had a tin of Asda mackerel fillets with a tomato for lunch, 2 days ago I had john west kipper fillets in brine. Very nice but not to everyones taste I know. If I slow down even more or STS I may try a fish week. I love my red days anyway so it wouldnt be a problem to me.

I love fish too, had a tin of Asda mackerel fillets with a tomato for lunch, 2 days ago I had john west kipper fillets in brine. Very nice but not to everyones taste I know. If I slow down even more or STS I may try a fish week. I love my red days anyway so it wouldnt be a problem to me.

It would deffo suit you hollys nan ;) Hubby has bought me some salmon and a rainbow trout so I'm going to eat well this week :eating:

Hi everyone loving fish at the moment
Ali* lol! i know i wasnt going to start till tuesday but got a bit excitted to so started early going to farmfoods tomorrow am to see whats on offer i'l have it coming out my ears by Tuesday:D

Hi Hollys nan i used to love kippers but found them a little boney but will try them again

Hi xassy i think it would be fine only i think with salmon it has higher calories and fat content but still less than meat!! thats of the top of my head though not sure if anyone else knows better.

Got to try this! I went from being a veggi to just eating fish and now I eat meat. Got to say my losses were much better when I was just eating fish so it makes sense! WI tomorrow and then a fishy week it is for me :D

Hi well today ive have crabstick salad for lunch and i made salmon fish cakes for dinner.
went to farm foods for fish steaks today and got some more prawns and crabsticks too only been doing fish week since saturday but i am finding that its not overly filling but i'll stick with it to see what happens.

Back