My fishy week!

i love the Saucy Fish Company ones - you get a great bit of fish and some sauce....but its all yummy! syns for the sauce though! xxx

Does anyone know of any free/low syn sauces we can use?

I think I remember someone mentioning quark?.. but don't know how that would work :p

Currently on Day 2 of 100% fish success (heh, well here's hoping :)) My Mum usually makes parsley/white sauce type things.. so I'm holding on to dry fish until I get some sw tips :D x

I am going to look for some fish recipes and start Friday after Thursday WI :) quite excited by all the curry sauces in curry heaven cookbook where meat could be substituted for fish/prawns etc, fish pie topped with root vegetable mash & herb steamed fish (baked in a bag) etc - ohhhh thinking cap on :D

Ps forgot to say am doing fish week as red days x

Hey everyone,

Am new round here... but not to SW - am about 10 weeks in now and 5 days into a fish week, though it would be a struggle and id get bored but im loving it!! :)

Dont weigh in 'til saturday so will update with results then but i was definitely inspired by the OP from Snuggle.

Today ive had left over fish pie for lunch with frozen veg and for dinner ive had roasted cod loin with roasted veg and a tomato/balsamic/basil sauce concoction - very delicious, tomorrow is fish and sw chips and sunday is Rainbow trout... will be sorry when my fish week is over!

xx
Hi there how did you do?
plus whats rainbow trout like? x:)

Hey!

I lost 3lb this week :D, totally put it down to Fishy week too as i had a really really bad weekend last week and didnt deserve to lose anything! But have been super good Mon-Sat and it paid off.

Cant afford to do another full fish week until next week (weekly shop was a lot more than usual, buying loads of fresh fish) but am def gonna have maybe 2/3 days.

Rainbow trout is lovely, not very strong tasting and i tend to just put some salt & pepper on it, then fry it skin side down until it goes really crispy (non stick pan or a few squirts of fry light) then flip it over for less than a minute.

xx

Hey!

I lost 3lb this week :D, totally put it down to Fishy week too as i had a really really bad weekend last week and didnt deserve to lose anything! But have been super good Mon-Sat and it paid off.

Cant afford to do another full fish week until next week (weekly shop was a lot more than usual, buying loads of fresh fish) but am def gonna have maybe 2/3 days.

Rainbow trout is lovely, not very strong tasting and i tend to just put some salt & pepper on it, then fry it skin side down until it goes really crispy (non stick pan or a few squirts of fry light) then flip it over for less than a minute.

xx

Ooo yay well done, I'm excited for weigh in now I hope I have lost at least 2. Also try the frozen fish in iceland, it's much cheaper and just as tasty. Well done again on the 3lb!

Thanks!!

When is your weigh in?

i dont have a local Iceland - but might try frozen fish from Morrisons, always think it wont taste as nice though??
Worth a try if it saves me some pennies though!

Good luck for WI! xx

Hey it's on Monday, so still a few days but I'm getting quite excited!

I would say try the frozen fish, the Iceland one was lovely and I'm sure the Morrisons would be too. If there isn't much taste to it could always use it up in a fish pie?

Anyway, well done with your loss and good luck for the week ahead :)

How's fishy week going guys & gals? How many peeps are doing it this week?

I'm going to do Mon-Wed again like I did last week. I went away for the weekend so need to knuckle down a bit over the next few days.

Hubby went shopping on Saturday and has bought me some stuffed trout and salmon so I'm really looking forward to this week's evening meals :)

Ohhh whats trout like? Not really ambitious in the fish front and really feel like I should be especially as I'm enjoying red days more at the minute!
Do you find the fish week thing works then? Am starting fish week (as red days) on friday and doing the whole week - 2 meals a day fish! All menus for week planned ready for thursday supermarket shop (yes i really am that sad/organised lol)
Really want a decent loss as I'm going out the Saturday after I finish it and it's the first alcohol I will have had since starting SW!

Hi everyone,

I was pretty bad on Friday and so started fishy week on Saturday. My WI is tonight so it will be interesting to see how much difference 2/3 days of fish meals make. I will update you all tonight.

GOOD LUCK x

Ohhh whats trout like? Not really ambitious in the fish front and really feel like I should be especially as I'm enjoying red days more at the minute!
Do you find the fish week thing works then? Am starting fish week (as red days) on friday and doing the whole week - 2 meals a day fish! All menus for week planned ready for thursday supermarket shop (yes i really am that sad/organised lol)
Really want a decent loss as I'm going out the Saturday after I finish it and it's the first alcohol I will have had since starting SW!

Hi,

I had 3 consecutive evening meals of fish last Mon-Wed and on Thursday I had lost 3 lbs! I totally put this down to having fish ... I felt so much slimmer and really enjoyed my meals.

I've just been away for the weekend so flexi'd Saturday and Sunday for the first time. To catch back up I'm going to have fish for supper again Mon-Wed.

Trout is blooming gorgeous! It's pink and flaky (like tuna from a tin) and is meaty and succulent, nom nom nom! I just grilled a whole fish and as it was quite big I only had a side salad with it.

I'm gonna jump on this, after weigh in tues night!
I've already bought some fish in aldi's. Farm foods have some excellent fish bits and very reasonable, red snapper and sea bass with a sauce on them but I'm guessing (hoping) they are quite low in syns as I have no idea what to do with fish really! Please all continue to post your weigh in results it's very interesting. Also any ideas as to how you've been having the fish, here's my ideas!

Fish curry
Prawn stir fry
Sweet chilli baked cod with roasted summer veg!
And that's it!

Ali* said:
Hi,

I had 3 consecutive evening meals of fish last Mon-Wed and on Thursday I had lost 3 lbs! I totally put this down to having fish ... I felt so much slimmer and really enjoyed my meals.

I've just been away for the weekend so flexi'd Saturday and Sunday for the first time. To catch back up I'm going to have fish for supper again Mon-Wed.

Trout is blooming gorgeous! It's pink and flaky (like tuna from a tin) and is meaty and succulent, nom nom nom! I just grilled a whole fish and as it was quite big I only had a side salad with it.

Thanks for replying, I might have to give trout a go will have a look thursday when I go shopping :) let us know how you get on at weigh in thursday x

I'm going to have a short fishy week this week - Monday to Friday. I'm going to do breakfast and lunch as fishy, rather than dinner, as I already have dinners planned and bought. Hopefully it will give me a boost, as with any luck I'll see my first stone lost with SW on my weigh-in on Friday.

who_la_hoop said:
I'm going to have a short fishy week this week - Monday to Friday. I'm going to do breakfast and lunch as fishy, rather than dinner, as I already have dinners planned and bought. Hopefully it will give me a boost, as with any luck I'll see my first stone lost with SW on my weigh-in on Friday.

Ohhh breakfast? What are you having for a fishy breakfast? (sorry I hope you don't think I'm nosy lol) x

Haha, not at all! I've got some tins of fish - mackerels and sardines in tomato sauce - which I'll have on toast (heb) with a piece of fruit to follow. Got some smoked salmon to have with eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes (yummy!) Might have kippers and scrambled egg one day. I really want to have kedgeree (basically rice, smoked haddock, eggs, and spices - a traditional British breakfast from India in colonial times) but I might save that for the weekend. I don't think I could get up early enough to make that - I hate mornings! I don't see why some sort of canned fish with baked beans shouldn't be yummy either.

who_la_hoop said:
Haha, not at all! I've got some tins of fish - mackerels and sardines in tomato sauce - which I'll have on toast (heb) with a piece of fruit to follow. Got some smoked salmon to have with eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes (yummy!) Might have kippers and scrambled egg one day. I really want to have kedgeree (basically rice, smoked haddock, eggs, and spices - a traditional British breakfast from India in colonial times) but I might save that for the weekend. I don't think I could get up early enough to make that - I hate mornings! I don't see why some sort of canned fish with baked beans shouldn't be yummy either.

Ummm now you've got me thinking :D am thinking possibly kippers & smoked salmon with scrambled eggs - sounds yum! Is it possible to overdose on fish though lol?!?!

Back