My fishy week!

I didn't get the chance to have as much fish as I would've liked. Monday I had stuffed trout and last night I cooked a salmon curry. Unfortunately this wasn't enough to save me this week and for the first time I had a weight increase :(

Twice a month I get a bloated tummy and retain some water/weight ... this happened yesterday/today for me so not very happy.

Never mind! This is a marathon and not a sprint :)

I'm on my first ever fishy week :) I'm doing it as EE. As much as I like twice the amount of HEs, I'd rather still be able to have potatoes/pasta etc...and PEAS. What's fish without peas? lol

Had a very disappointing lunch. Took a large salad, a little dressing and some flaked smoked mackerel to work. Worked out at approx 2.5 syns for the whole thing. Blooming mackerel was full of bones :.( I only have two mouthfuls and spent ages trying to pick the bones out of my mouth. YUK. So much for 'fillet' of mackerel :( Still, I munched the salad and dressing and then went and got two sweet chilli salmon fillets from Tesco instead, so I'm stuffed now :D Had smoked haddock with mushrooms, rice and egg for brekkie - almost like a kedgeree, but just leftovers from last night! I'm enjoying my fishy week so far....

I think you mean you are doing it as a Red? No extra Healthy Extras on EE :(

Please ignore ... see below ... should have tried to edit the post before replying ... oh, I'm getting into a right pickle!

just had baked cod ( in tinfoil with lemon, black pepper and onion salt sprinkled over first ) with roast 'taters, cabbage ( savoy and white ) and leeks.. with gravy!!! :)
it was yummy...
I never thought of fish with gravy before but the veg was too dry without it so I tried to keep it on that side of the plate but as it tends to do, it spread everywhere..

I had a SW Salmon quiche. Yum!

Hi everyone,

Haven;t done a fish week for months, so if it's ok with you lot i thought i might rejoin this thread, and do a fishy week starting tonight.

Just got back from WI with a 2lb gain a little bit dissapointed but expected with it being my * week....

so i came home and cooked smoked haddock in foil, with SW chips and veg.... forgot how much nice fish tasted.

to keep me on track i am going to post my recipes on here, if thats ok...

I enjoyed my fish week so much, I've carried on

Monday - Rainbow trout with stir fried veg, made the mistake of pan frying it which was never a problem when i had a bigger kitchen, but now i live in an open plan flat and the smell is still hanging around :( yuck - would not reccomend unless you have good ventilation!

Tuesday - Rainbow trout (baked in foil, in the oven!!) with veg

Wednesday- SW Chips, cod and mushy peas YUM!! Was looking forward to this all week and it didnt disappoint! :)

Thursday - Cod baked in foil with chilli, garlic and coriander with stir fry veg and rice.

Im sure i could be more adventurous, but didnt want to run the risk of making something i didnt like when all i seem to thinks about all tea is having my dinner when i get home!!!

xx

Hi everyone,

Haven;t done a fish week for months, so if it's ok with you lot i thought i might rejoin this thread, and do a fishy week starting tonight.

Just got back from WI with a 2lb gain a little bit dissapointed but expected with it being my * week....

so i came home and cooked smoked haddock in foil, with SW chips and veg.... forgot how much nice fish tasted.

to keep me on track i am going to post my recipes on here, if thats ok...

Absolutely! We would appreciate your recipes ;) Good luck!

I enjoyed my fish week so much, I've carried on

Monday - Rainbow trout with stir fried veg, made the mistake of pan frying it which was never a problem when i had a bigger kitchen, but now i live in an open plan flat and the smell is still hanging around :( yuck - would not reccomend unless you have good ventilation!

Tuesday - Rainbow trout (baked in foil, in the oven!!) with veg

Wednesday- SW Chips, cod and mushy peas YUM!! Was looking forward to this all week and it didnt disappoint! :)

Thursday - Cod baked in foil with chilli, garlic and coriander with stir fry veg and rice.

Im sure i could be more adventurous, but didnt want to run the risk of making something i didnt like when all i seem to thinks about all tea is having my dinner when i get home!!!

xx

They all sound delicious! Have you had a good WI result?

Has anyone else found that eating so much fish has... er... bunged them up a bit? :D I ate a TON of fruit and veg today and it seems to have done the trick, thank goodness, but this is the first time I've had trouble since I started SW.

I like fish, but I'll be glad to get back to a more varied diet, heh!

After week one i lost 3lb, weigh in on saturday so will update with results of week 2, however, have run out of fish now (bit worried about goig back to meat actually!) so its not a full week this time.

Was really happy with my 3lb loss last week tho! xx

Starting my fishy week today!! Will post meal plan & weight lost on Thursday... wish me luck lol x

Can't say it's had that effect on me, so far? Mind you, not much does ;) I'm sticking to the 1/3 SF, so maybe that's why?

Ali*, your confusion confused me! lol

Can't wait to see folk's recipes, I need inspiration. Maybe we should start a fresh thread?

I melted my laughing cow deli light with blur cheese and poured over my cod last night it was lush!

Hi all, just wanted to say, lost 2.5lbs this week from my fish week, although I only did 5 fish days and had a BAD weekend, so think it really helped! :D

Back