My fishy week!

lots of fish are speed foods, so it's more a case of boosting your metabolism..

hmmm.. I'm now thinking some kind of speed soup style thing with fish... :)

I tried a fishy week twice in the past and had some fantastic losses having fish for 2 meals a day, on mainly EE. I think it worked really well for me because I rarely eat fish anyway so it was a case of introducing something new in my diet. Plus as coljack said - a lot of fish is a speed food so I found I was naturally eating more speed. I cut meat out entirely when I did it (apart from some chorizo in a couple of meals) but tbh I don't tend to eat that much meat anyway.

The reason fish works and the same reason it's a speed food is that it's low in cals compared to other foods in the same group! So for example 100g of roast pork compared to 100g of cod is alot less cals thus you consume less. And that's the word from slimming world!
Also fishy weeks won't have the same effect if done as green and having fish as a HEX as all HEX are worked as having roughly 120 cals so it makes no difference to overall intake. I hope this makes sense to everyone.
My fishy week was going so well untill I was taken I to hospital with a collapsed lung and FYI hospital and rank as it is is not SW friendly!

Thanks for your reply & many congrats on your pregnancy. :D
It is sooo awesome to see the baby developing. Wow & more wow!! :D

Thanks ally, I will endeavour to eat more fish. Having it today actually just as a coincidence, but could be the start of a fish week I suppose ;D

Having sardine salad today for lunch. It's sitting right in front of me. I've never eaten sardines before and I have to say they did not look appetising! I'm steeling myself to eat them...wish me luck!

I'm on day 3 (red) and today is:
Masala crab cakes with salad & cheesy coleslaw (HExA & 1) for lunch and soy & Ginger grilled salmon with stirfried vegetables :D x

So how did you get on Lolacola? :eat: Like them? Hope you did :) I have to say they aren't my favourite as the ones I've ever had always have the skin still on, yuk. I prefer mackerel albeit tinned in tom sauce, but at least it's skinless & boneless ;) I had herring earlier. Smoked fish later for dinner :eat: yum :D

Hi all,

I'm definitaly going to do a fish week. I've planned it all - at first I thought I'd find it difficult finding different meals every day but actually I've done a weekly plan and still have loads more ideas.

It's mainly extra easy which I didn't understand very well at first but think I'm getting the hang of it now. I've posted it in my diary - if anyone could take a look and tell me if I have the right idea I'd be really greatful.

So how did you get on Lolacola? :eat: Like them? Hope you did :) I have to say they aren't my favourite as the ones I've ever had always have the skin still on, yuk. I prefer mackerel albeit tinned in tom sauce, but at least it's skinless & boneless ;) I had herring earlier. Smoked fish later for dinner :eat: yum :D

It was actually not bad! I bought some tinned mackerel today too so I'll be having that during the week too :D

In my fishy week I've only been eating fish for 1 meal per day, so from today until weigh in, I'm upping it to two meals of fish per day - lunch and dinner.

Got 'Seafood sticks' today from Tesco - AKA Crabsticks - never had them before but they're on the menu for lunch tomorrow in a salad, so hopefully they're nice! :D How are you getting on?x

It was actually not bad! I bought some tinned mackerel today too so I'll be having that during the week too :D

In my fishy week I've only been eating fish for 1 meal per day, so from today until weigh in, I'm upping it to two meals of fish per day - lunch and dinner.

Got 'Seafood sticks' today from Tesco - AKA Crabsticks - never had them before but they're on the menu for lunch tomorrow in a salad, so hopefully they're nice! :D How are you getting on?x
Just put lo to bed. Ah, peace ;) haha
I've never had crabstix, let me know what they're like please Lola. I treated myself a while ago to a John West tin of white crab meat. WoW! Very lush :D
I only read about 'fish weeks' yesterday and decided I'd give it a go, can't hurt anyway. Supposed to be good for the brain too, so who knows, slimish & intelligent? haha.
Really enjoyed my smoked fish with some new pots, cabbage & peas. Having Rice pud in a wee while, using my milk allowance for the day. Gonna make it creamier with some Muller vanilla light, can't wait. ;D

Leeanne910 said:
Hiii had 5 weeks off plan...
In total over that time I have sts.
Gonna come bk on track as trying for baby soon n this blubber has to go!

Wats fishy week rules again?? X

Start weight: 14s 7lb Current weight: 13s 11lbs Loss: 10lbs

Hi there I've been doin sw for about 3 years now at target for a year then had a little girl then bk to target again... Getting married in sept so want to shift a few mote pounds!!! How does this fishy week work?? Really hoping it'll give me a boost xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Jen Jen

I'm pretty new to this to, but I've had some great replies to my own questions. The idea is that you have fish for at least 2 of your meals a day for a week, some have 3 meals with maybe kippers for breakfast. Fish is generally thought to boost the metabolism and as it's lower in calories than other meats, lots of people find they have a good weight loss that week.
I have no doubt someone will correct this if I've picked it up wrong, but hope I haven't.
Best of luck to you. :D

TwinkleToes2day said:
Hi Jen Jen

I'm pretty new to this to, but I've had some great replies to my own questions. The idea is that you have fish for at least 2 of your meals a day for a week, some have 3 meals with maybe kippers for breakfast. Fish is generally thought to boost the metabolism and as it's lower in calories than other meats, lots of people find they have a good weight loss that week.
I have no doubt someone will correct this if I've picked it up wrong, but hope I haven't.
Best of luck to you. :D

Oh brilliant.... That was how I had it in my head but wanted to be sure... Thankyou so much. Going to do 2 meals a day as I don't think I could stomach fish for breakfast hahaha hopefully I'll have a loss this week thanks again x ?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You are very welcome :D

Day 3 Sunday - red

lunch: cockles, rollmop & brown shrimps

We took a walk to the seafood stall and back for these, which was a 2.65 mile round trip!!

good food & good excercise

Dinner: tuna steak baked in foil with lemon, corriander and black pepper, with HEB of new potatoes, cauli, broccoli, carrot & courgette ribbons
fruit (strawberries, clementine, apple) with 1 tbsp cocoa & splenda in FF natural yoghurt

I'm going to count today as day 1 since I've only had 1 meal per day of fish previously... so:

Day 1

Lunch - Tin of sardines in tomato sauce, 1/4 pack crunchy salad, 1 chopped tomato

Dinner - 1 foilbaked smoked cod fillet, roasted butternut squash, lots of fine green beans, and homemade dip of FF fromage frais, garlic, mixed herbs and spring onions.

I'm trying to have 2 fishy meals per day, and I'm also trying to make both the meals 2/3 superfree as well :D

Back