My fishy week!

Have just done my first day of fishy week...
Breakfast: 2 weetabix with a banana
Lunch: tuna salad
Dinner: cod loin with sw Chips and roasted veg!!
Really enjoyed today so far so good .

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Fishy week day 4: only 1 fish meal today (red) had wholemeal pasta (HExB) with stirfried Chinese lettuce, beansprouts, spring onions & babycorn & a tin of mackerel in tomato sauce - yum! :)

Had prawn salad at lunch time and and bubble n squeak with extra veg & added prawns for dinner. Very tasty both.
x

I had smoked salmon& cream cheese wraps cut up with salad for lunch and it was lovely. Tea was prawns with melon & ham cornets with rice salad - mostly lovely but used Asda smartprice frozen prawns and they weren't great. Has anyone else had that experience?

Fishy week day 4 as red

B: Fruit
L: Tuna and sardines in tomato sauce salad
D: - Mrs piggy -
starter mussels
main smoked river cobbler, poached egg, carrots, green beans, baby corns, cheesy mashed new potatoes(HEB) & lowlow (HEA)

hel10683 - I have those prawns in the freezer, but not tried yet, most frozen prawns (little ones) are generally quite tasteless anyway, but I got them as a standby

It sounds like I probably should have got the fresh ones :( There's still 2 more bags in the freezer to eat up this week but then I'll be onto fresh in future.

:( that's a shame, mind, most supermarket pre-packed have been frozen anyway, so are quite watery..... I quite like Asda frozen extra special king prawns.... flavoursome and cook from frozen!!
Hope the next batch are more enjoyable

Today I'm having 3 fish meals :D smoked salmon, scrambled egg & toast for breakfast, lunch is seafood marinara with steamed asparagus & salad and dinner will be courgette, prawn & haddock curry with steamed vegetables & HExB of wholemeal pasta :D x

I love the texture of crabstix - they're like cheesestrings for dieters :D

I'm onto my second fishy week and stocked up on frozen fish from Farmfoods at the weekend. I've finaly accepted the fact that I'm never gonna like seafood, but am enjoying experimenting with fish meals :)

I had a trout fillet all flaked up and spread on top of 2 x wm Nimble bread and 50g Sainsbury's be good to yourself Roasted Red Pepper Hummous.

3.5 syns in all.

My fishy week has taken an unexpected turn today - tried smoked salmon this morning and it made me physically sick! & now I've just realised I have an irrational fear of mussels! Just cooked some seafood (including mussels) and had to eat around them, couldn't even stab one with my fork coz I could feel my stomach churning every time I looked at em :(

Yip - I ordered them in a restaurant once and my friend ended up eating them for me because the sight of them made me want to heave!

I had salmon with rice, sweetcorn, baby sweetcorn, petit pois & mushrooms. Same at lunch except my fish was tinned mackerel in tom sauce.
x

Fishy week day 5 (Tuesday) as EE

Lunch : prawn & smoked mackerel salad & fruit salad
Dinner: carrot soup, then baked cod, sw chips, mushy peas & wallys
with 2 slices bread & butter (lf spread)

I'm really enjoying this fish malarky, although getting some strange looks at work opening my tin of whatever in the canteen

Debridger said:
F.Monkey & lolacola, that's such a shame...yeah, they look gross, but taste far better.... shame about the smoked salmon, was it the 1st you'd had???

Hi, yes it was the first time I've tried smoked salmon and being completely honest it tasted very nice - it was the texture and the issue it was raw that I couldn't get my head round! & the mussels I think I would probably like em but I couldn't put 1 in my mouth I just kept thinking slugs! Lol I am so unadventurous :)

I'm not doin fishy week this week, have done last 2... but have just tried seafood sticks and mackarel in preparation for next week.... am hoping they're an acquired taste?! Bluegh! : ( x x

Back