My fishy week!

So my first pathetic attempt at a fishy week ended in a 1lb loss and I know it's crap but I only done 2 days and then 3 off plan eating hospital food and treats people keeping bringing me in! So was very pleased with a loss at all!

Next point anybody ever had the fish in sauce's they do in farm foods? Really want to try them but a) not sure if they are any good and b) no idea on syns!

I got 2.5 off tonight after following fish week for 3 days. Am going to do green and EE between now and WI next Wednesday, but will do another fishy week after that!

Delighted with a 5.95 loss after just 3 days having fish. WooHoo!
Definitely going to continue for a whole week now till next WI :D

Fishy week is over! It's been fun but am really looking forward to chicken for tea tomorrow! Let's see if it's got me my 3lb off *fingers crossed!*

Fishy week is over! It's been fun but am really looking forward to chicken for tea tomorrow! Let's see if it's got me my 3lb off *fingers crossed!*

Good luck!! :D

I did a fishy week after reading this, after putting on 1 1/2lb last week for NO reason this week I lost 3 1/2lb, for me this is AMAZING. I am normally a 1/2lb a week girl :D

I did a fishy week after reading this, after putting on 1 1/2lb last week for NO reason this week I lost 3 1/2lb, for me this is AMAZING. I am normally a 1/2lb a week girl :D

I have done this for a boost too ... but only the 3 nights before my WI. Both times I have done it I have had much better losses :D 3lbs the first time and 2.5lbs the second :D

Day 4 of first ever fishy week.... Just had trout stuffed with ricotta!!! Very very nice defo a new favourite :))

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Have completed fishy week - on red - no diverting off plan and lost... 1.5lb gutted!

I know a loss is a loss and I'm happy that I've lost it's just after been 100% all week - it's not great & it's my lowest loss so far

My c says I've not eaten enough food this week (I have skipped meals & if I've cooked something and I didn't like it I binned it and didn't bother making owt else)

So lesson learnt and next fishy week I'm going for EE :) x

Bone fear

Does anyone else have a 'fear' of finding lots of bones in your fish? I do. I love fish but don't have much variety unless i'm sure it's boneless. I know variety isn't necessary, but it helps prevent monotony. How do you cope/manage?
Any advice gratefully received. Thank you x ;)

Wednesday fishy week day 6 - EE

L: smoked trout, sardines in tom sauce with rice salad, and plain salad
D:spaghetti with king prawns in tomato, onion, mushroom and courgette sauce

Thursday - last fishy day, EE

B: crabsticks
L: carrot soup, smoked salmon, boiled egg and salad sandwich
D: salmon, thai bachelor rice, stir fry veg

Had WI this evening, slightly dissapointed with just a 0.5lb loss - but a loss is a loss,
stuck to plan, stuck to syns, but did go out for a few beers last night, have previously had small loss or even gain if I've a few few drinks the night before... so it might be that

Does anyone else have a 'fear' of finding lots of bones in your fish? I do. I love fish but don't have much variety unless i'm sure it's boneless. I know variety isn't necessary, but it helps prevent monotony. How do you cope/manage?
Any advice gratefully received. Thank you x ;)

I am exactly the same! I've been wary about buying fish, as I remember about a year or so ago my dad cooked some fish for tea, and I had to chew it loads to make sure there wasn't any bones. I found one bone and that freaked me out, and I decided that I didn't like it. Which was bizzare, as i'd scoff fish with batter down without a worry in the world about bones!

But I took the plunge yesterday after reading this thread and bought some skinless and boneless cod from the fishmongers, and I was fine! it was very nice, baked with chilli flakes. I just didnt think about finding a bone which I think helped, and didn't chew as much coz I thought I might not notice a stray bone that way :D

I am exactly the same! I've been wary about buying fish, as I remember about a year or so ago my dad cooked some fish for tea, and I had to chew it loads to make sure there wasn't any bones. I found one bone and that freaked me out, and I decided that I didn't like it. Which was bizzare, as i'd scoff fish with batter down without a worry in the world about bones!

But I took the plunge yesterday after reading this thread and bought some skinless and boneless cod from the fishmongers, and I was fine! it was very nice, baked with chilli flakes. I just didnt think about finding a bone which I think helped, and didn't chew as much coz I thought I might not notice a stray bone that way :D

Thanks autumnflower :) Glad to find I'm not the only one :D
We don't have a fishmonger unfortunately, but will see how good the guys on the tesco fish counter are with their knowledge and will ask for something boneless and then try not to hold my breath as I eat.
Good luck to you. How are you finding it all so far?
x

My fishy week has taken an unexpected turn today - tried smoked salmon this morning and it made me physically sick! & now I've just realised I have an irrational fear of mussels! Just cooked some seafood (including mussels) and had to eat around them, couldn't even stab one with my fork coz I could feel my stomach churning every time I looked at em :(

I've been really enjoying fish week so far (although I did cheat one night and have fish & chips from the chippy). It got to tonight and I made smoked haddock with a leek & mushroom creamy sauce. It looked lovely although smelt really fishy. I had one mouthful of it and couldn't eat anymore as it made me feel really sick! I don't think I've ever had smoked haddock before and won't be trying it again. Hubby says it tastes lovely so it's not that I've cooked it badly - just that I can't stand it! :( The fridge is bare so I have nothing else to eat now - not sure what I'll end up having!

Thats such a shame when that happens, I love smoked fish but know lots of people find it too fishy.
Do you have any eggs, can do loads with a few of those :)

Yeah, I know a lot of people that don't like smoked fish too, which is a shame as it helps with variety.

I didn't intend to have another fishy week, as I was a bit disappointed with my small loss, but I seem to have had one fish based meal everyday since WI last Thursday....
Fri king prawns & poached salmon lunch
Fri king prawns & sardine pasta dinner
Sat smoked salmon omlette lunch
Sun tuna steak & veg dinner

I picked up some cockles & a rollmop from the seafood stall today, so will have them tomorrow at some stage, so I'll carry on until Thursday again..... will be growing a tail and fins soon lol

Very jealous. My first fishy week was only about 4 days, following a pretty crappy couple of days. At WI I was on my * week, and I gained 2.5lbs :(
I then had a full fishy week (and ate fish 18 times), exceeded the 1/3 SF every day, and got in alot of body magic - and I maintained. Was going to so a third and final fishy week, but have just gone back to my usual green days. I enjoyed the fishy week-and-a-half, but it felt to 'diety' to stick to for much longer, espcially as it didn't remotely have the desired effect. And cost a fortune !lol

Back