My fishy week!

Lunch today was a lovely prawn salad :D

Hi fellow fish fans,

Starting my 3rd fish week today after a horrific 10 days off plan. Going to give frozen fish a go this time as I find buying a weeks with of fresh fish a bit expensive!

Really enjoyed the last fish week so am looking forward to a good week!

Hope everyone else is too x x

Had fish last night - Saucy Fish Co - 4.5 syns per Cod Fillet in Lemon and Peppercorn butter sauce. Delish!!!!

Chicken today though :( then back to the fish again! xxx

Im on my last fish day, got my WI tonight after my very first fishy week! Im feeling quite confident as I do actually feel like Iv'e lost this week but we will see! If I have lost 1lb upwards I'll be happy! xx

Best of luck Caroline82 :fingerscrossed:
I haven't had fish much this last week and wish I had cos I really want to lose the last 2lb to my first mini goal. :fingerscrossed: for me too :D
Having salmon tonight and will endeavour to have fish twice tomorrow
X

Best of luck Caroline82 :fingerscrossed:
I haven't had fish much this last week and wish I had cos I really want to lose the last 2lb to my first mini goal. :fingerscrossed: for me too :D
Having salmon tonight and will endeavour to have fish twice tomorrow
X

Thanks, good luck for your last 2lbs! xxx

Well after my disaster with the smoked haddock making me feel ill a couple of weeks ago I was put off fish for a while! However I was at a conference at a weekend and had some gorgeous salmon so I think fish will make a return to my menus although I'm not planning on doing another fishy week for a little while.

The one thing fish week did teach me was about 1/3 superfree on extra easy and I'm still trying to carry that on with all of the plans so one good thing came out of it. I'm also choosing superspeed and speed foods more so there were some positives (even if I did end up feeling ill and totally going off the rails and STS) :)

Well thats the first and last time I have a fishy week! I have been so good - 100% every day and had so much super free & super speed food and STS!!!!! Im absolutely gutted. Was crying at group tonight! 0.5lb last week and now STS! Im not a happy bunny! x

Caroline82 said:
Well thats the first and last time I have a fishy week! I have been so good - 100% every day and had so much super free & super speed food and STS!!!!! Im absolutely gutted. Was crying at group tonight! 0.5lb last week and now STS! Im not a happy bunny! x

Sorry to hear that, I found that the 2 fishy weeks I had wasn't the sucess I'd hoped for either.....back to green this week for me.

Don't let it ruin all the good you've already done.... and remember the fish was good for you, even if it didn't have the desired effect.....I'm going to eat fish as part of a healthy varied diet, but not twice or 3 times a day!!!

Keep on at it!!!

Oh Caroline82, that's a shame after all your hard work. :hug99:
Apparently doing fish weeks isn't for everybody unfortunately but as Debridger said the fish will have done you the world of good.
You have come a long way so keep going and maybe just have fish as you did before. Sending you good vibes for future weeks :vibes: ;)
X

Hi,
I just wanted to say, as a couple of you seem quite down after not experiencing great losses.
When I did a fishy week in the past, some people often found their losses weren't as great if generally they eat a lot of fish anyway - as your body's already used to it so it doesn't 'shake things up'.
I found it really worked for me as I rarely eat fish, plus I usually do green days so I was naturally cutting down the carbs on a fish week too - so I honestly think my losses were mainly due to doing something different rather than anything else.
HTH xxx

Well, I have had fish twice today :) so happy about that.
Tuna salad at lunch time & a lovely piece of haddock with veggies for dinner. Lots of fruit throughout the day too :fingerscrossed: for tomorrow, for me & everyone doing WI
X

Successful WI - Lost 3.7lb :D:D
Happy bunny in this house today :greenapple:
Celebrating with Sweet chilli chicken for dinner ;)

I tried frozen fish for the first time today. Wouldnt say it was as good as fresh (although apparently most is frozen anyway?) But it was edible and sooo much cheaper. Will do for some quick mid week meals. I had frozen haddock cooked in foil with lemon juice, roasted veg and a tomato & balsamic sauce : ) very enjoyable! x

Salmon fish cakes, and baked veg red
Seafood tagitelle ee
Prawn Curry and jacket red
Salmon and stir fry veggies with noodles ee
Fish pie topped with swede and carrot red
Cod, chips and peas red

Then have for lunches tuna, smoked mackerel, smoked salmon and prawns and mixed shellfish to go with either a whole meal roll, salad, pasta or rice.

Ooh - all the things i like. Might just nick your menu lol x

Much to my oh's horror (he hates the smell of fish sooooo much if i eat it, he won't let me sit next to him on the sofa - let alone kiss or touch him hehe) i'm going to try and do a 'FISHY' week
Not got lots of money so will be reliant on prawns, tinned tuna etc - but can't wait.
x

Back