My fishy week!

my Hubby and I are starting our fishy week tomorrow so fingers crossed :) I need 3 kg to go and will be happy, done some fish cakes with marrow instead of potato so almost syn free and fish pie with cauliflower topping that is not bag and will be for two days. mentally prepared now I just need the will power :D

Fish is something I don't eat a lot of but I really like it!!! Busy reading this thread from the beginning, but it's already inspired me to try a fishy week :)

Popped to Asda this morning and picked up some salmon and smoked haddock for the freezer, already have cod in there. Also picked up some smoked river cobbler from the reduced section, so had that for tea (roasted in foil) with new potatoes and med veg done in the actifry, all sprinkled with Italian herbs. Bloomin delicious!!! :-D Just what I needed after 3 days of no appetite and eating very little.

Going to try the prawn curry tomorrow.
Thank you for all the ideas and inspiration x

hiya all

I am going to incorporate fish into my menu alot more this coming week - cant do a complete fish week as i'm not a great lover of it but will add as many as i can - got to get this weight moving!

Hi everyone, my WI is on Monday & I'm starting a fishy week from Tuesday...

Be back later with my meal ideas :) I'm expecting to use my syns (it's my hubby & youngests birthdays next week) & i'll be following EE :)

Looking Forward to 'meeting' everyone on here x

my fishy week was a waste of time really... lost 2 pounds so no different than any other week my Hubby lost his average too so not worth it for us. and I have not been in the toilet for few days too :eek:

So I'll be starting Tuesday & here's my meal plans :) not sure what I'm having on which days & the nicest lunch & dinner I'll have twice...

Lunches:
* masala crab & prawn cakes with salad
* tuna sweet corn pasta & salad
* mackerel in tomato sauce with salad
* salmon fish cakes with sweet chilli sauce & salad
* seafood sticks with salad

Dinners:
* kipper kedgeree
* coley speedy curry with rice & spice roast beetroot
* fish pie
* creamy coconut salmon curry, rice & spice roast beetroot
* roast salmon with roast tomato & pepper curry sauce with vegetable rice

Not sure on syns for some things coz I haven't found the recipes out but anyway this is the plan :)

I lost 4lbs on my fishy week :)

my fishy week was a waste of time really... lost 2 pounds so no different than any other week my Hubby lost his average too so not worth it for us. and I have not been in the toilet for few days too :eek:
same for me really, lost 1.5lb so in with my usual 0.5 - 1.5lb a week! wouldnt say it was a waste of time really as i love fish but no spectacular weightloss for me, and i had fish everyday for 7 days for lunch and dinner x

I lost 2lb's on my semi fishy week and well pleased with that deffo will incorporate more fish in my diet in future x

I've decided to do a fishy week as of tomorrow, been shopping tonight and fully stocked, I've bought salmon, king prawns, coley, mackerel, mussels, smoked salmon, and I have tinned tuna, mackerel, crab and sardines in the cupboard - looking forward to it - YUMMY

Stuck to red plan for the week

Day 3
Breakfast: mushroom onmelette and tomatoes
Dinner: creamy smoked salmon & king prawn pasta & salad

Day 4
Breakfast: fruit
Lunch Rollmop, hard boiled egg & cheese salad
Tea: tuna sandwich with salady bits

Day 5
Lunch: sardine salad

Day 6
Lunch: mackerel salad
tea: salmon sandwich with salady bits

Day 7
breakfast: fruit & yogurt
Lunch: salmon sandwich with salady bits
Dinner: plaice, potatoes & veg

very pleased, had a 2lb loss (even after Tuesday missing dinner and drinking far too much)
Have really enjoyed it

After reading about the great losses people have had after doing a fishy week I am going to give it a go starting Friday after weigh in on Thursday, fingers crossed :)

I often have fishy weeks, just because I suffer badly with dry eyes and lips. My optician recommended eating more oily fish to help with the eyes (I wear contact lenses). Every time I go on a fish binge I end up feeling great after with nice soft lips, eyes that don't feel like they've been rubbed with sandpaper and I'm sure my hair looks better too. I've not done a fishy week whilst on SW so might give it a go as the freezer is full of all things fishy and see if it helps with the weight loss. I need to find a SW-friendly smoked haddock lyonnaise as I LOVE that so much.

I have decided to go with a change of plan, was originally going to start my fishy week on Friday after Thursday night weigh in as already made loads of speed soup that needs eating but have now decided to eat the soup for lunch till its all gone and have a fishy dinner and hopefully get a head start :) was thinking about possibly mixing a tin of sardines in tomato sauce in with the soup, do people think this would help? Can wait to start my fishy week properly x

Back