My Food Diary

I've got that Thursday feeling!

I feel good this morning besides the fact that it is payday!

I went a bit mad with chocolate last night and ate 2 gold bars and a mini dairy milk so hopefully today I shall resist tempation and stay away from all the naughtness - namely my mums biscuit cupboard!:gimi:

I'm going to Tesco after work (Its rather sad but I get excited about going shopping - I obviously don't get out enough) but I never know what I am going to find! Then I am collecting Jon from work on the way home and going to see a friend who has recently had a baby. Bless her she had a pretty rough time and ended up nearly dying so we have left it nearly a month before heading over as she really wasn't up to visitors and I had a similiar experience with my eldest (only not as drastic) so I knew how she felt. I can't wait to have a cuddle of baby and give her her presents!:bday:

So all in all its going to be a good day (have I just jinxed it by saying that?? I hope not.):rolleyes::fingerscrossed:

I am planning on the following for eats!:)

Breakfast: FF yogart, Apple
Lunch: Veg soup, Banana
Dinner: 1 toast with quark
Snacks: Porrage made with half milk half water - 1/2 hea, HEb, 4 milk tray - 16 syns, 1 bun 5 syns.

21 syns - oh dear

Total syns 5.5 (fingers crossed)

Last edited:
Hi Shirley, glad it's all going well hun, good luck for WI tomorrow. Sad news about your childminder's brother, it is so scary how someone can deteriorate so quickly. Take it easy xx

Friday WI and its not good news

Well, last night didn't go exactly to plan, My friend who had the baby got 2 of our other friends round to hers last night as well and we ended up munching on milk tray and buns - Not good! By the time we got home and got the kids to bed Jon declared it was too late for tea (8.30) and I ended up just having porrage with milk and water.

So I WI this morning and 1lb on! I guess all the naughtness this week has caught up with me together with the fact that I haven't been exercising so I should have expected it. Oh well I will have to be better next week without a shadow of a doubt.

It was so lovely seeing the girls last night though and I kinda wish that I hadn't brought Jon and the kids with me as I would have loved to have had a lovely long chin wag with them without being reminded every 2 minutes that we needed to be going that the kids were tired. On the plus side I got a few bargains shopping yesterday. I got a new demin skirt (size 10 woo hoo), a Bench t Shirt that is really slimming and a check shirt dress from tesco in a size 12 - I think it may have been sized wrong as I have never ever been able to squeeze my 32h's into a 12 before.

So far I have gone down roughly a size and a half bottom (from a 12/14 to a 10) and on top from a 14/16 to a 14 (or on occassions like yesterday a 12!). Everyone is saying that I have lost enough weight although I want to loose a little more (as I am only short and any weight on is noticable) and then I want to tone up my stomach which is my most hated of areas. I have vowed to start stomach crunches this weekend and keep it up fingers crossed though!

Anyway for today I am planning to eat:
Breakfast: FF yogart, banana
Lunch: veg soup, apple
Dinner: Stir fry beef, veg and noodles
Snack: 2 toast with tomatoes and cheese

The kids are at mums tonight so I think a few vodka and diet cokes will be included into plan tonight as well but definate plans have not yet been made! (15 syns for that!):)

Never fret about your 1lb gain Shirley, you can get that off in not time hun. Well done on your clothes shopping an dropping in sizes, it does give you a great feeling doesn't it? I know what you mean about every 1lb showing when you are short, it is not fair!! It's a pity that Jon was there as you say cause there is nothing as good as a girly chat! Any roads enjoy your vodkas and Benidorm and have a good weekend,xx

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! I need to be good.

Morning! Well I had a great weekend however I have eaten WAY TOO much bad stuff and feel horrible for it this morning! I had reasonably good intensions for this weekend but no they went by the wayside. Jon and I went out for a few drinks on Friday night - I missed Benidorm so we shall be glued to the repeat tonight!!:) and I was quite good only having a few drinks however when I got home I ate a whole tub of ben and jerrys followed by a mini dairy milk bar! :cry: Then on Saturday night Jon and I scoffed a box of Thorntons chocolates that I had intented to give to my brother as part of his birthday present!:479: Yesterday was probally the worst offender of all, I just couldn't stop eating and munched my way through the day! Eating anything that lay in my path! :gimi: I did however do a mile walk so I do feel a little better for that!:confused:

I realised as well that I had a sts this week not a 1lb on as well! That will teach me for doing sneaky wi during the week! I hope to refrain for WI until Friday now..... we will see!

So now I have to claw back some of the damage, I am going to try and be extra good this week and I need to sort myself out and not slip so badly at the weekends either!

So for today I shall be having:
EE
Breakfast: Banana, FF Yogart, apple
Lunch: Mediteran (spelt wrong) veg and pepper soup, apple, orange
Snack:1 (800g) toast with chicken 3 syns, 2 toast with tomato and sliced pork - heb
Dinner: Keema curry with Rice
Snack: Mini Dairy milk 5.5 syns, 1 thornton choc - 3 syns
Drinks: Herbal tea

Total syns: 11.5

Last edited:
I know exactly how you are feeling Shirley, I went out on Saturday night and fell for the buffet which was provided, I wasn't even hungry but it was soooooooooo nice!
Anyway, here's to a good day hun - enjoy the keema curry, it's lovely!

Thanks girls, the Keema curry last night was delish, I willl definately be making it again. The kids loved it too which is fantastic as I am trying to ween them onto liking spicy food (my yougest loves curry etc but my eldest is a little harder to convince!)

Well, I tried to stick a little better to plan however I am finding that all I want to do is eat! My depo injection is due at the end of the month and I do find that a few weeks before it is due I do get hormonal and eat like food is going out of fashion!!

Anyway I am going to be a little better today and try and keep the syns to a minimum to make up for the weekend so my food is as follows:

Breakfast: FF Yogart, banana, apple
Lunch: Med vegetable and pepper soup
Snack: 2 toast with tomato, heb, chocolate - 3syns
Dinner: Chicken stir fry with oyster sauce and wholewheat noodles - 3 syns for sauce, heb
Snack: 50g porrage made with water and milk - 10 syns, apple lattice - 5 syns

Total syns: 21! Not good - I just can't stop eating!

Last edited:
The dreaded munchings!

Well yesterday was going well until I got home from work. I found myself searching the kitchen for something sweet to munch on. :gen147:

I did this all afternoon and evening which is not good! Jon brought home some apple lattices, which I love for us to have after dinner so I had to have one of those. I finished the day off with a massive bowl of porrage to stop myself from eating anymore and I went over my syns big time!:cry:

I did have a nice afternoon with the kids watching a film and chilling out but my mind was never far from food!!

I'm going to try and get a little housework done this afternoon after work so I am hoping that this will help burn off some calories!! (I need to do something as I can feel myself more sluggish and tired - I'm sure I can feel every lb put on!)

So today I am going to plan things a little better - I hope that I won't be searching for snacks!

Breakfast: Apple, FF yogart, Orange
Lunch: Med veg soup, FF yogart
Snack: 2 scrambled egg with tomato and scallion, Apple
Dinner: Cottage pie made with carrotts, onions, cellery, peppers and extra lean mince heb, hea for cheese

Snack: 1 galazy cake bar 8 syns

Fingers crossed all goes well and that I behave and not eat naughty things!

Last edited:
Thursday again - just one more day to WI!

Well Yesterday didn't quite go to plan as I had forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer - which I have also done this morning but I need to nip to the shop anyway so I can get some. After my shepherds pie I was so full that I didn't eat another thing - what a miracle. I hope it will be the same today but I shall plan for it to be a hungry day just in case!

Breakfast: FF Yogart, Apple
Lunch: Med soup (still using it up thankfully the last of it as I need to vary my lunches!), Orange, Apple
Snack: 2 scrambled egg
Dinner: Parmasen chicken with SW chips, stir fry veg and garlic mayo dip (homemade and LF of course!)
3 syns for breadcrumbs
1 heb for chicken
1/2 hea for parmasen
4 syn for mayo (also had a little sweet chilli)
Snack: 2 x cereal bars - heb, small choc - 3 syns, tiny piece of cake - 4 syns

Really looking forward to the stewed apples if I can fit it in after dinner! My car is going into the garage this afternoon for get ready for its MOT on Saturday so I will have plenty of time to cook dinner etc!

Also I really have to brag about this as I am ready to burst with excitement - Elle counted to 6 yesterday! :eek: I couldn't believe it, I was putting out dinner and she was messing in the cupboard and all of a sudden she counted some food colouring bottles to 6! I nearly dropped the dish of cottage / shepherds pie (its really cottage pie but I always call it shepherds pie!). Shes not even 2 yet! I rang my mum and texted Jons mum etc. Needless to say she will not do it on command - I did try, but sitting down to dinner she counted 4 piglets on a postcard!! Kids aren't they fantastic!:D

Last edited:
Friday WI

Well I WI this morning and I have sts this week as well! I'm not really surprised with the amount I have been eating off plan so I am truely going to pull myself together this week and not go mad this weekend either!

Yesterday I felt so hungry all day so I have amended my food intake to reflect my extras!

I'm hoping to not be so hungry today but I am not betting on anything at the mo! Mum has the kids tonight bless her so Jon and I could go to the cinema however the film we really want to see isn't been shown anywhere that I can find (and its on release tonight!) so not sure what we are up to! I have a feeling it may be a cause of a night in with chocs as jon has said that there is a massive box of thorntons at his work half price and he enjoyed eating them with me last week (I was very surprised at this as Jon doesn't really do chocolates but it was lovely to sit in bed and watch time eating chocs).:flirt2:

My car is in for its MOT tomorrow so fingers crossed she will pass ok. I hate taking the car to the mot centre and actually taked my dad into doing it last year but unfortunately he won't do it for me this year!

Anyway for today the eating plan is as follows:
Breakfast: Banana, FF yogart, Apple
Lunch: Jacket potato with cheese and beans
Snack: Veg soup
Dinner: Burger (without bun) sw chips and salad - we are heading out bowling now so I know what to plan for tea!
Snack: 2 toast with tomato, Diet coke.
Syns: I'll play by ear!!!

Saturday is as follows:
G
Breakfast: Breakfast omlette (beans, eggs, ham or bacon) heb
Lunch: Jacket potato with cheese - hea
Dinner: quorn sausages and mash with veg - carrotts, french beans, cauliflower etc
Snacks apple, banana, 2 toast with tomato - heb

Sunday: EE
Breakfast: 3 Scrambled egg, tomato and scallion, yogart, banana
Late Lunch: Roast pork, SW roasties, mash, veg ie. roasted peppers, butternut squash, sugar snap peas, carrotts, cauliflower
Supper (at grandas!) 1 slice of bread heb, 2 jaffa cakes - 6 syns
Snack: hot chocolate made with milk - hea, 2 syns

Last edited:
Hi Shirley, well done on STS hun, especially as you have been so hungry this week.
Just a thought, not sure if you like it but instead of using 10 syns on porridge - why not make a big bowl of home made rice pudding for free? I make a huge pan of it and keep it in the fridge, just cook pudding rice in water and add some sweetener and vanilla extract. Cook slowly and then stick it in the fridge.
When you get an attack of the munchies, get a portion out, stir in a yoghurt and enjoy it hot or cold! It's so filling and free on green/EE.
You may not like it but it might help hun. x
Have a good weekend. xx

Oh you are a star hun, I will defiantely give it a try. I just seem to be so hungry this week - fingers crossed its because of my depo being due and will go away! I tried reping you but need to spread it around!!

Monday morning blues!

Morning Guys, I had a lovely weekend and am not happy about being in work this morning! I had such a struggle getting out of bed it was terrible!

Anyway I wasn't too bad this weekend I could have been a lot worse!

We went out for a bit on Friday night and I restricted my drinking to only 6 vodkas so was on the whole being good! I did however eat quite a few chocies and buns at my grandas yesterday but as this was under duress from my granda I am not blaming my willpower!

So for today I will be having:

Breakfast: FF Yogart, banana, apple
Lunch: Veg soup, apple
Dinner: Shepherds Pie with extra veg and cheese on top heb, hea
Snack: 2 toast with quark and tomato, heb,
Syns: 4 thorntons chocs: 12 syns, Apple lattice - 5 syns

Total syns 16

Last edited:
Glad you had a good weekend hun and hope your Monday wasn't too bad ~ I see you are synning Thorntons choccies *drool* ~ every supermarket I go in seems to be selling them on offer, I'm afraid if I bought them I would have to leave them at my mum's or they wouldn't see Christmas!! xx

Back