My Food Diary

Manic Friday!!

Well, so far today has been manic! I took the kids to school and had their photos taken by the school photographer and lets just say getting to school was a struggle. ie. school jumper still wet from the wash, elle covering herself in chocolate spread after she had been in the shower etc! Thankfully all turned out well and the photos are beautiful (and yes I did have a little lick of the chocolate spread on one little finger - I didn't really have a choice as it was shoved in my mouth!!):D

I went shopping yesterday and am so proud to say that I bought some size 10 jeans from river Island!! I can't believe it. I have other size 10 jeans but always thought they were a little big but I now consider myself a size 10 bottom half the top is still a 14 though!

Anyway for today I am going to try and be good up until 6pm! I lost a lb this week so really happy and Jon and aI are having a night in on our own so I think chinese will be on the menu!
EE
Breakfast: Banana, FF Yogart
Lunch: LF Supernoodles, Apple, Grapes
Dinner: Boiled Rice, Chinese flavoured chicken wings (both cooked at home), Pork Chow Mein 1/2 portion with extra veg added by me, Chicken Balls with 2tsp dipping sweet and sour sauce I need to check the syns in these but I will keep to a minimum especially the chicken balls as they are batter!

For the rest of the weekend I will be good and back on plan 100%

I am off to the hair dressers in the morning which I am really looking forward to as I haven't been since Late June (v naughty) so getting excited - how sad!!!!

How is things coming on with SW mommyb? Have you resisted temptation?

wow, size 10 jeans! good going:) Hope you have a lovely evening in with Jon, it will be good to have some stress free time together.
Well done on your 1lb loss too.

What a great weekend lets hope this week is as good!

Well, I have to say that I had a great weekend this weekend!:)

Jon and I had a relaxed evening on Friday with a frozen pizza and a bottle of wine and we were both asleep by 9.30! I had my hair done early Saturday morning while mum kept the kids which was bliss - I haven't had it done in ages and it was so lovely to be pampered! Unfortuately when I got back Jon had recieved some bad news about his uncle having cancer and was in a bit of a state. Mum agreed to have the kids until tea time whilst I took him out to lunch and spent some time relaxing and chatting (and sorting his head out). When we came to get the kids at tea time our eldest decided that he wanted to stay another night so we got them ready for bed and sorted and mum had them again! (this never normally happens) so we headed to the pub for a quiet pint (I couldn't drink as I had eaten so much at lunch!) and spent a relaxed, chilled evening driving the little roads around here and then popping into a friends for an hour before heading home and having a glass of wine myself! (I hadn't had a drink until that point and bless jon was rather merry!)

So food wise I have been rather naughty!

On Saturday I had (EE)
Breakfast: Banana
Lunch / tea: Veg soup with roll heb, Chicken goujans with salad, chips and dip heb and 5 syns, and raspberry ruffle cheesecake - ? 10 syns?:eek:
Drinks: 2 glasses of wine - 9 syns and herbal tea
Snacks: Banana

Sunday: EE
Breakfast: Scrambled egg with scallion and tomato
Lunch: Chilli with lots of veg and rice - 2 syns for sauce, strawberries with quark and white choc options - 2 syns
Tea: pork chow mein with extra veg, 1 chicken cheese spring roll- hea and 5 syns
Drinks: Herbal tea
Snacks: Ice cream, 8 syns, mini dairy milk, 5.5 syns, cereal bar, 4.5 syns
Very naughty!! 27 syns:eek: (I couldn't stop eating!)

So back on track today and for the rest of the week I guess!
G
Breakfast: Banana, FF Yogart
Lunch: Jacket potato with left over chilli 2 syns for sauce heb
Dinner: Quorn sausages with chips and veg ie. carrots, green beans, peas
Snacks: 2 toast with tomato heb

Fingers crossed I haven't inflicted too much damage however I am happy enough with my weight loss so far and am happy if I sts or loss 1lb a week from here on!

Hi Shirley, just getting caught up ~ well done on your size 10 jeans, that is fanastic, RI are small fitting too so MEGA well done! Your weekend sounds lovely, just what you and Jon needed. Love the sound of the raspberry ruffle cheesecake, mmmmm!

You still have 4 days before WI ~ the weekend is always the hardest, have a good day hun xx

hiya,sounds like a lovely weekend ( appart from news of jons uncle) ,from soem of what you've recently said it sounds like you two could do with some couple time.

Hope your week is as good

Morning Guys, Weemo the raspberry ruffle cheesecake was simply devine and unfortunately I was so full I couldn't finish off Jons as well!! Mommyb, yes it was just what we needed and has thankfully made us more positive about our future together. We went to look at a new house yesterday as we thought that moving may give us a fresh start but unfortunately the house needed too much work doing to it before we would be comfortable moving in and the garden is set over 4 acres and I don't think I am quite up to that much gardening!

Otherwise I have a terrible sore throat and am hoping that it isn't anything more serious as there seems to be an incrediable number of swine flu cases here at the moment. My childminders brother is in hospital with it and has kidney failure as a complication. Another patient has just had a baby and they are not hopeful for her either. Its rather scary isn't it?

Well, on a lighter note for today I shall be having:
G
Breakfast: Banana, FF Yogart, Grapes
Lunch: Veg soup, Apple
Dinner: 2 x Homemade burger with babybel light inside (can't wait!), onion and topped with tomato, and sw chips heb x 2, hea
Snacks: I have a feeling that I will be in bed early so may nothave chance for my usual post dinner snacking! - mini dairy milk - 5.5 syns
Drinks: lots of herbal tea to soothe my throat and probally a hot choc made with milk 2 syns and hea.

Last edited:
Hope your throat better soon. sorry about the house, but you might be rgith that a fresh start is what you need, keep looking i guess.

You must let me know what the burger is like with the babybel inside!!

Hi hun, hope your throat gets better, stick with the hot drinks. Glad things are going well with you and jon xx

Sticking with Green!

Thanks guys, my throat is feeling a little better today thank goodness however still feeling a little woozy and nearly fainted this morning.

I'm keeping my eyes peeled for another house and I'm a firm believer that the right house will come along if it is meant to happen! How did you get on with your inspection Mommyb? I hope all went well.

I made the burgers yesterday and they were really yummy, unfortunately a couple "leaked" a little but I think with practice they can only improve and the kids loved them. I ended up having 2 burgers with sw chips and tomatoes etc instead of having bread as my 2nd heb as they were so yummy.

So for today I am planning on having:

Breakfast: Apple, FF Yogart
Lunch: Veg soup, Banana
Dinner:Chilli and Lemon chicken with stir fry veg and rice flavoured with lime:p heb
Snacks: 2 x toast with tomato and cheese hea heb, Mini magnum - 8 syns
Drinks: Herbal tea, Hot Chocolate made with milk - 2 syns

10 syns total

I had a sneeky WI this morning while at mums dropping elle off (my childminder has taken the day off to be with her brother as he has been diagnosed with cancer as well and its not looking good) and I have lost 1lb this week!! I just need to be good until Friday and keep it off. I'm quite happy to loose a lb a week from now on as my present target is larger than my original (which was 9st 4lb and I will be at if I loose another lb:D). I will obviously be happy if I reach my new target but I'm not to panicked to reach it quickly as I think I need to tone up rather than loose right now - I so need to get exercising again I have been so lazy of late!

Weemo how are you getting on with settling back into normal life after your holiday?

Last edited:
Well done on your loss hun, that's brill news. Hope you are feeling better too. You are right about a house ~ if it is for you it will not go past you. That's sad news about your childminders brother and Jon's uncle, cancer is so rife nowadays it is scary. Settling in ok after my hols but not fully back on the SW wagon yet ~ I seem to be craving comfort food at the moment, will have to give myself a shake! xx

Payday woo hoo!

Hey Guys

Well, its payday today thank goodness! The only problem being that after I finish paying the bills I will be skint again! Oh well at least I have the satisfaction of knowing that I owe nothing!

We got some bad news last night about Jons uncle, the cancer has spread to his stomach lining and liver and will have to have chemo. Thankfully they can offer his something but its never good when it spreads. Hes only 50 in November which makes it seem even less fair. Jon is not taking it well and is refusing to talk about it which is never good.

I am trying to stay on track with my diet but managed to stray a little last night with a mini magnum - I stayed within my syns but would rather have not had it at all! I also forgot to pick my fruit for breakfast this morning so I am going to be so hungry which definately won't help!

G
Breakfast: FF yogart
Lunch: Veg soup
Dinner: I can't remember! That is terrible, I think it was to be stir fry with oyster sauce - 2 syns (I will update later with actual!) heb for meat. we had spag bol with cellery, onions, peppers, fresh tomatoes, garlic and chopped tinned tomatoes and cheese - hea and b

Snacks:2 toast, taxi bar - 5 syns, gold bar - 5.5 syns, bun 5 syns, 1/2 bag of milky bar stars 3.5
Drinks: Fruity herbal tea - lots of as my throat has gotten worse again
Total syns:19

Last edited:
That Friday Feeling - WI!

Well, I WI this morning and yes that lb is still off! Can't complain about that especially after my hour of weakness yesterday! I went to my mums yesterday afternoon and pigged out on a taxi bar, a gold bar and a iced bun! I only did it I realised after was because I was hungry and felt rather down / off (I still can't shake this sore throat and have aslight cold now as well). My answer to having no energy is to eat and when at mums the temptation of a chocolate bar is too great!

Anyway I am firmly back on track - no slip ups today!
G
Breakfast: Apple, Yogart ff,
Lunch: Veg soup, banana
Snack: 2 toast with cheese, hea and b
Dinner: chicken curry and rice, heb
Drinks: lemsip! Herbal tea, Hot choc made with milk - hea - 2 syns
Snack: Mini Dairy milk - 5.5 syns:flirt2:

We are having a quiet weekend this weekend apart from having granda round tomorrow to watch the boxing repeat and have dinner. I really need to go for a nice long walk so Fingers crossed for reasonable weather on Sunday!

I hope everyone has a great weekend and good luck for WI weemo and mommyb. x

Monday again!

Thanks Mary, I had a lovely reasonably quiet weekend which was great!

I feel however that I spent all weekend either eating or cooking as we had my granda over to watch the repeat of the boxing on saturday morning and then had lunch which was a gorgeous beef cassarole from SW followed by double choc cake (supplied by Granda so defiately not sw approved!) - I ate 250g of it - I didn't actually weigh it but kinda worked out from the over all weight, I have a rough idea how many syns this is but I am not admiting to myself how many exactly!! We just had a small dinner after eating so much at lunch and I had a chicken burger (chicken breast - with some homemade marinade in a bun)

Sunday followed Saturdays pattern of eating and I managed to have the following:
Breakfast/lunch: Bacon, scrambled egg, beans, quorn sausage and 1 toast
Lunch/Dinner; Roast Pork - yum, Jacket potato with roasted peppers, carrots and baby sweetcorn
Snacks: Apple, Dairy milk mini - 5.5 syns, mini cheesecake - 5 syns, 2 toast with tomato

I also managed to make my veg soup for lunch for today so I spent a rather large portion of my day in the kitchen!!

So for today I am having -
Green
Breakfast: Apple, FF yogart
Lunch: Veg soup, apple
Dinner: Shepherds pie made with lean mince, carrotts, peppers, cellery, peas, onions, boverill and potato and cheese on top. hea heb
Snacks: Hot chocolate - hea and 2 syns
Mini Dairy Milk - 5.5 syns

I had a sneaky jump on the scales at mums this morning and it is showing another 1lb loss from Friday (I'm not sure how with the amount I have consumed as it was extreme!) so I am hoping to be good from now til Friday and keep it off! Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
sounds like a good weekend all round. I have surrendered my scales to hubby til fri, keep jumping on and off isnt doing me any good but feel lost without them LOL
have a good day

I know what you mean! Everytime I pop in to mums I use the loo so I can weight myself - she must think I have a bladder infection!!!

I keep meaning to buy a set of scales for our house especially now as Jon is eating better and loosing lots of weight but I have resisted as I know that I would weigh myself everytime I would go near them! To be honest I think Jon would as well!

Well its not good news, my childminders brother has died, I can't believe he detoriated so quickly. Bless her she is trying to keep it together but it is never easy.

That means that I am at work until 6 today so I can have the day off tomorrow as naturally she is not working until after the funeral.

As this is the case my menu is going to be changed slightly (as I won't have time to make the shep pie tonight) and looks more like:

Dinner: Burger in breadbun with Jacket Potato and side salad with cheese and onion 2 heb, 1/2 hea
Snack: dairy milk mini bar - 5.5 syns, Boiled egg and hot chocolate - hea, 2 syns Popping chocolate - 3 syns total syns 10.5

For tomorrow I shall be having (as I will not get time to log on here tomorrow)
Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs, ff yogart, Apple
Lunch: Veg soup, Banana, grapes
Dinner: Shepherds pie made with lean mince, cellery, onions, peppers, peas and carrots with cheese on top heb and 1/2 hea
Snacks: mini cheesecake - 5 syns, 2 x dairy milk mini - 11 syns
Drinks: herbal tea
Total syns 16!

Last edited:
Well I am back in work today, I went to the dr yesterday regarding my throat as it is still sore and he has told me that it a problem with my gullet being inflammed - so a few tablets later and hopefully I will start to feel a little better although I have started to get used to it!!

I had a quick hop on mums scales this morning whilst dropping elle off and my 1lb has stayed off so far so good. Hopefully it will stay off until Friday (and I can only be hopeful that another 1lb may slide off between now and then!)

For today I plan to have:
EE
Breakfast: FF yogart, Banana
Lunch: veg soup, apple
Dinner: Stuffed tenderloin of pork, SW Roast potatos, roasted peppers, carrotts,Peas, onions and baby potatoes - 3 syns for stuffing
Snacks: Porrage made with 1/2 milk 1/2 water - heb, 1/2 hea, 2x gold bars 11, dairy milk 5.5
Total syns 16.5

Last edited:
Back