My Food Diary

Glad you had a good weekend Shirley and well done on your loss, that's fantastic!! Your menu is sounding good ~ my hubby loves duck, I just like it when it's crispy served in pancakes with hoisin sauce though not very healthy!! Hope you enjoy EE, I love it xx

Tuesday morning and thinking of a life change!

Morning! Thank you Mary, hopefully I will be able to keep up the loss and get to target asap!

Am sat here this morning (at work - naughty) wondering what life is going to throw at me next! My job will be coming to an end at Halloween and I am thinking of what to do next. Jon and I are in talks about moving back to England as I have better chance of getting a well paid job and I do feel more at home there - we just can't decide where would be a good place to live - somewhere up north near his family would be best! I know that it will take a lot of consideration and saving to move again so it won't be until after christmas I suspect however we shall see how things go! I need to get my car through MOT first and then plan my money from there on!

So for today, I am planning on eating:

Breakfast: Banana, FF yogart
Lunch: LF Supernoodles, Apple
Dinner: A Small portion of shepherds pie with loads of veg and then when OH home I had a small SW chicken diopaza with rice yum

Snacks: 2 toast with tomato and chesse heb and hea

Drinks: Green tea and peppermint tea, bottle of becks (with curry!) - 5 syns

Last edited:
Its so cold!!!

Morning Guys! Gosh its cold here today, its a lovely day but just so cold and I have run out of oil so had a luke warm shower this morning which didn't help!!!

Oh well the lady at the fuel company has promised to have it delivered this afternoon so fingers crossed for a hot bath tonight!

Well, I am sticking with the EE, however I can't believe I will loose any weight this week as surely it can't work....!

Anyhow for today I am planning:

Breakfast: Apple, FF Yogart
Lunch: Yet more shepherds pie with peppers, cellery, carrots,onion and a little cheese on top (1/2 HEa)
Dinner: Chilli Lemon chicken from old SW mag with noodles and stir fried carrots, peppers, sugarsnap peas etc.

Snacks: 2x toast with tomato and cheese (HEb + 1/2 HEa)

Drinks: Tea

I'm not sure what to use my syns on today!! I will have to put my thinking cap on.... I never thought using syns would ever be a problem! - I found a solution Hot chocolate - 2 syns

Last edited:
A very quick one!

Thank you Mary, my oil was delivered so I had a wonderful hot shower instead but it was bliss!

My car has been at the garage with a broken anti roll suspension and broken wheel bearing - dangerous apparently so I have had a bit of a do with getting it fixed etc and hope to pick it at 5.30 tonight - it was meant to be ready yesterday so my plans and work have been totally turned upside down.

well, food wise I have had

Yesterday - Thursday 10th

Breakfast: yogart, 2x toast with tomato
Apple
Lunch: Veg soup and small amount of steak and veg pie with pastry - 4.5 syns
Dinner: Pasta with Morrisions sausages and veg

Snacks: Apple, Yogart, hot chocolate - 2 syns and HEa (made with milk yum) becks- 5 syns

Total syns: 11

Today:

Breakfast: Yogart, Apple
Lunch: Veg soup
Dinner: Herrings with chips and lots of veg (Jon heard me mention I like herrings and some came in fresh at his work yesterday so he got me them bless him as he hates fish! The only problem is I will have eaten the chips and veg before the fish as they are so bony I will have to poke them apart to make sure no bones!!)

Snacks: Hot chocolate (with milk hea) - 2 syns

I have nothing planned for the weekend other than to go shopping as our cupboards are starting to look bare as I have been unable to get anything with no car!

I haven't even managed to WI today as I still haven't bought my new scales and can't get to mums so will be tomorrow before I manage a WI!!!! Good luck for everyone WI today and have a great weekend! x

WI not so good 1lb on!

Well, I WI on Friday and the results weren't good, I have put 1lb on this week. I also had a naughty weekend and went to Mauds at the seaside yesterday with the kids and had a strawberry ice cream sundae! It was very yummy though and I had instead of fish and chips!:jelous:

Oh well I guess I will have to be extra good and try and keep my portion sizes down as I think that may have been a problem. One more week of extra easy and if it isn't working I'll go back to red and green again!

So for today I am having:

Breakfast: Punnet of grapes (I didn't mean to eat them all!!) Banana
Lunch: LF supernoodles, Apple
Dinner: Burger in wholemeal roll with Fresh tomato, cheese, onions, sw chips and side salad of carrots, sugarsnap peas etc

Snacks: FF Yogart, 1 iced bun - 5 syns, 1 cornflake slice - 5 syns

I am hoping to go for a walk today and am aiming to go a few times this week so fingers crossed everything goes to plan x

Last edited:
Thank you hun I will look forward to speaking to you when you get back!

Well, everything is back on track I hope and foodwise I am hoping to stay focused although I had a bun yesterday and a cornflake slice not good but hey we all need a little naughtiness sometimes!!

For today I am having a green day:

Breakfast: FF Yogart and banana
Lunch: Veg soup and apple
Dinner: chicken and oyster sauce (sw) with stirfry and noodles - 2 syns

snack: 2 toast and quark, mini tescos own brand white choc magnum - 8.5 syns
Drinks: Tea and hot chocolate made with milk - 2 syns

Last edited:
Green Day!

Today I think I will stick with a green day as I'm not too sure that I'm doing EE properly!!

Breakfast: 2 Banana, FF Yogart
Lunch: Jacket Potato with a tiny bit of butter 3 syns
Dinner: quorn sausages with chips and beans

Snacks: 2 toast with 2 Boiled eggs (HEb), 1 iced bun - 5 syns

Last edited:
Today I am sticking with my green and I am having:

Breakfast: Grapes, apple and FF yogart
Lunch: 2 toast and 1/2 tin beans HEb
Dinner: Pan Haggerty with ham and half tin of beans me thinks! - HEa, HEb

Snacks: Banana, Grapes, Mini Cadbury dairy milk - 5.5 syns
Drinks: Herbal Tea

Last edited:
Well WI this morning did not go as planned, I have sts this week. I guess I wasn't that good at the weekend but have been extra good all week so not sure what has happened! I know I haven't gotten in any exercise this week which won't be helping so next week I need to get going and be good!

So for today I am having (EE)

Breakfast: Apple, FF Yogart
Lunch: 2 toast with beans and apple (HEB)
Dinner:

Snacks: Dairy Milk 5.5 syns
Drinks: Herbal tea, hot chocolate - 2 syns and HEa

I am hoping to go for a walk tonight but it is dependant on whether a delivery has been made or not so we shall see, Fingers crossed though!

Last edited:
Another Green day

I think after the last 2 weeks of no losses I shall get back on the band wagon with my green days!!
Over the weekend I was naughty as per usual and had a bottle of wine and lots of cakes etc as my granda came to visit us for lunch yesterday and I always end up pigging out!:confused:

So for today I shall be having:

Breakfast: Grapes, FF Yogart, banana
Lunch: 2 toast and beans, Apple (HEb)
Dinner: spagetti bolognaise made with chopped tomatoes, cellery, peppers, onion, fresh chopped tomatoes, Lean steak mince and Motzarella cheese on top (HEb, HEa)

Snacks: Dairy Milk Mini - 5.5syns
Drinks: Herbal tea and Hot chocolate made with milk hea and 2 syns:jelous:
Total Syns: 7.5

Hi Shirley, snap, i was bad over the weekend too and i've only got 2 days until weigh in. Never mind lets both get back on track and get a loss this week oh and your menu sounds lovely x

Hi Betty, The weekend is the worst time for me no matter how much I plan and unfortunately I have gotten into the mind set of being good during the week and being very naughty at the weekend!! It must work to a degree though as I am not gaining (or are they famous last words!!!!) x

Well Guys, yesterday I had a bit of a naughty day involving chocolate and ice cream!! I did however go for a mile and half walk with the kids and the dog so at least I did some exercise!!!

So yesterday kinda looked like this:
EE day
Breakfast: Yogart, Banana, Grapes
Lunch: Leek and potato soup followed by Roast beef sandwich - 2 syns for margarine.
Dinner: Chilli lemon chicken with rice and stir fry veg
Snacks: 1/2 crumpet and choc spread - 2.5 syns, 1/2 dairy milk mini - 3 syns, 100g ben and jerrys ice cream - 12 syns.

Total syns: 17.5

So for today I'm going to try and behave!!

Green day
Breakfast: Banana, yogart, Apple
Lunch: Veg soup
Dinner: Shepherds Pie made with carrotts, cellery, peppers, peas, onion and cheese on top (HEa HEb)

Snacks: 2 toast and tomato and roast beef 3 syns - heb,
Drinks; Herbal tea and hot chocolate made with milk - 2 syns and hea

Unfortuantely I am unable to go for another walk tonight as I am hoping to get into work again this afternoon and do some cleaning that should burn off some calories!! (I occassionaly clean my work as a favour to my boss I get paid extra so I don't mind too much!)

Last edited:
Well this morning so far is not going good at all, Elle my youngest is being such a handful and Jon and I were arguing again.

Going to work someone pulled out in front of me and I had to slam on my breaks, Elle was in her car seat behind me and it slammed forward. I always make sure it is in really tight apart from this morning as Jon and I were having a go at each other, well it would seem that Callum had unbuckled her seat when he was getting out of the car at school. I feel so sick and just want to cry. I am really emotional because of my relationship with Jon anyway as things arent great again but something horrible could have happened to Elle. I just don't know what to do with myself.

Emotional rollercoaster!

Well, I have settled myself down a bit now and not so emotional, I have spoken to Jon too and we have promised not to argue in the mornings as it ruins our whole day and not good for the kids. It doesn't help that he is not a morning person at all!:confused:

Anyway now that I have my head together I have planned my eats!

Breakfast: Banana, FF yogart
Lunch: Veg soup and apple
Dinner: Beef Stir fry with oyster sauce - 2 syns for sauce and noodles HEB

Snacks: 2 toast with cheese and 28g roast beef - 3 syns, heb and hea, blueberry muffin - 20 syns! oh dear I couldn't resist in sainburys!
Drinks: Herbal tea
Total syns 25

Last edited:
Hiya, sorry your morning had such a crappy start, but dont beat yourself up, we all get distracted sometimes when there's lots going on, and mistakes happen. yes it could have been worse, but it wasnt , so just be glad for that.
I'm glad you and jon have had chance to have a talk and have a plan to try and stop this sort of thing happening, its always good to keep lines of communication open.

Am liking your food plan, hope the rest of your day is better

Back