My Food Diary

Well its my last day at work so I have come in armed with 2 homemade chocolate cakes - one of which I have already had a piece out of for 10 o'clock tea!

Jon has just rung to say that his Grandma hasn't long left and that we really need to fly over to England and she her and that he wants to go this weekend but I start my new job on Monday and my brother is visiting from england! Oh what to do?? Jon is getting the afternoon off work so we can ring his aunty and uncle who look after his grandma and see what the doctors have said (as we have only spoken to his mum so far) and then we can plan further. Gosh my life can be so complicated sometimes!

On a lighter note I have lost 1lb this week!! Yeah! and I know I will be naughty today and probally the rest of the weekend so I am not holding out for next week!

For today I am planning:
Breakfast: Satsuma x2, choc cake
Lunch: veg soup, mint aero cheesecake
Snack: FF yogart, banana
Dinner: No idea as I will at mums trying to get sorted for alister coming!

Aw Shirley hun,i hope you can sort things out and good luck for starting your job!!

Well guys I am just popping by, I haven't managed to get my computer fixed so I have borrowed my mums!!! I have started my new job which is fantastic and the people are really great. Unfortunately everything else in my life is its usual madness and my diet has gone down the tubes!

We are heading over to England on the ferry on Friday night and coming back on Sunday as Jons Grandmother is very ill so that will involve 14 hours of driving. Needless to say I am not looking forward to it. I have also fallen out with Jons mum as she is being a real cow about us visiting - first saying we needed to drop everything and take the first available flight (which would have cost us £700) and then texting this morning to say that we should think twice about coming over as Grandma is better (she knew we had already booked our ferry and it cost us £250 which is unrefundable!). Oh the joys!!!

As for my diet as I have said it has gone to the dogs, I expected the weekend to have been a little off diet as my brother, wife and niece was here but so far this week as been just as bad as I am feeling so tired and rotten that I am being good until late afternoon and then eating a lot of rubbish
ie: Yesterday (meant to be SE)
Breakfast: 2 satsuma, banana, 2 alpen light heb
Lunch: jacket potato and beans with ff yogart
Dinner: chicken stir fry - no noodles or rice 1 syn for sauce
Snack: mini dairy milk 5.5, hot choc 2 syns, hea
All ok until I ate 1/2 tub of ben and jerrys!

Likewise today:
Breakfast: 2 alpen light heb, ff yogart
Lunch: 2 toast with tomato and cheese heb
Snack: large bun with icing 9 syns, 3 roses chocolates 6 syns! (I'm not even through the day yet!):confused:
Dinner: quorn sausages with mash, sprouts, carrotts, peppers etc

I am thinking about not even WI this week as I have a feeling that the news will not be good and I don't think I can take it in my emotional state! I guess my other thinking is that if I don't WI then I will only think the worst and that may do more damage. Something to think about between now and Friday morning I think!!!

I am not sure when i will nest get to drop by as I am taking the kids to a pantomine tomorrow night and then we are heading away at 4.30 on Friday night and we are not back until very late on Sunday night! I will try and stick my head in on Monday afternoon to let you know if I am still alive!!! I hope everyone has a great weekend. x

Morning guys, just a quick one! Everything is now settling down and I managed to make to and from England in one piece last week. I managed to get through 14 hours of driving on 14 hours sleep so I am thoroughly proud of myself!!

I have also managed to shake 1lb off the 2lb I gained last week so I am rather pleased as I have been so off this week as well but I must be doing something right!!

This weekend I am going to take it easy, Elle hasn't been well for the last week so I think a weekend at home snuggled up is something that we could all do with.

Jon and I are going to sneak out for a few hours on either Sunday or tomorrow morning and get Callums bike for christmas and helmets etc but that will only be a few hours away. I am also going to give the house a good scrub as unfortunately it has been neglected for the last week.

Food wise I am trying to stick with SE
Breakfast; 2 satsumas, banana, grapes and blueberries
Lunch: FF yogart - lemon cheesecake - totally devine and now a major part of my life! Apple, jacket potato with beans
Snack: FF yogart - shape fuller for longer
Dinner: Chicken curry with extra veg (baby sweetcorn, mange tout, carrott etc) and tiny amount of rice
Snack: hot chocolate 2 syns, hea, small amount of ice cream 10 syns

Morning Guys, well I have almost finished my christmas shopping just 1 or 2 more to buy for! I have tried to be good this weekend but succumed to a box full of hazel in caramel and caramel barrells!! Not so good!

This week I'm going to try and get another 1lb off so I will only be a few lb away from target come new year!

So for today I am planning: SE
Breakfast: 2 banana, satsuma, grapes and blueberries, ff yogart
Lunch: Jacket potato with tuna and cheese hea, ff yogart and apple
Dinner: Chicken stir fry no noodles or rice (peppers, sugar snap peas, onion, scallion, carrotts, baby sweetcorn)
Snack: 2 toast with tomato heb
Syns: 2 roses 6 syns

Thanks Hun, unfortunately I am bowing to temptation at the moment! I bought some chocs for christmas and merrily made my way through them last night! Oh well I guess it is very unlikely that I will have a loss this week and am kinda thinking that a gain will be likely!!!

For today i am planning:
SE
Breakfast: 2 satsuma, banana, ff yogart
Lunch: ff yogart, apple, scrambled egg with tomato, scallion, 2 toast heb
Snack: hot chocolate (hea, 2 syns)
Dinner: Spag bol: Extra lean mince, spagetti 1/3, onion, peppers, carrotts, tomatoes, tinned tomatoes, sweetcorn 2/3
Snack: 2 alpen light heb
Syns: tiny sausage roll - 4 syns, 2 pringles 1 syn, 1/4 scone 6 syns.
Total syns: 11

AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I can't seem to stop eating things I shouldn't. I need my jaws wired! I don't understand my way of thinking or not thinking at the moment. I want to loose some more weight, I want to tone up but yet I sit and eat rubbish and do no exercise. I'm rubbish! I have just eaten a piece of chocolate cake and 2 chocolate orange sweet things!!!! Poo!

I just can't seem to get my head in the right place at the moment I really need a kick up the bum. Christmas is going to be a bit of a problem I think and as for getting myself sorted in the new year I am not hopeful. I need some image therapy I think.

For today I am attempting SE (although already failed I think!)
Breakfast: 2 satsuma, banana, apple
Snack: sm choc cake 10 , 2 choc orange things 5
Lunch: 2 toast with cheese and tomato hea, heb
Dinner: quorn sausages with scrambled egg and chips
Snack: yet more roses - 3, 1 alpen bar 1/2 heb

Last edited:
Hiya Sanchi how's the new job going ?
Its a funny time of year for dieting,really hard-i admire anyone who can stay with it over the fesative period-at keast you are still planning-the only planning I'm doing is how to fit in everything i want to eat !!

I think you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. From what I've read, you've done ever so well and are so nearly where you want to be! Whilst you may be being a tad naughty, it is reasonably controlled naughtiness in that you are still keeping tabs on it all.

My view is that you should just be the best you can be over the next couple of weeks, and if you do have the occasional extra treat, enjoy it, and then get back to plan. As long as you don't have an "ohf*ckiti'vebeenbadImightaswellkeepbeingbad" day then you should come through it all fine, and be raring to go again and get to target as soon as the silly season is over!

Good luck!

Well, its Thursday again, one more day until WI.... oh dear! Thank you guys for your words of encouragement I will try and keep tabs on everything and hopefully the damage from the festive season won't be so bad after all!!

MommyB my new job is fantastic, I couldn't have moved to a better job if I had hand picked it myself!! The people are the nicest bunch ever and they are totally bonkers so I fit right in. I honestly feel like I have been here for years not weeks! We are all hoping that the old secretary doesn't come back after she has her baby as it would appear that working was not her top priority!!!!

For todays menu I shall be having: (SE - hopefully)
Breakfast: 2 satsumas, banana, Apple, FF Yogart
Lunch: 2 toast with tomato and cheese heb, ff yogart
Dinner: Beef stir fry with peppers, scallions, cellery, sweetcorn, onion and carrott (i may throw in a handful of butternut squash as well) with a handful of rice.
Supper (I will be starving after callums school play which doesn't start until 7.45!!) Porrage made with milk heb, hea.
3 roses chocs - 9 syns

Hi Shirley, just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas. Hope you have a lovely time, I'm away for a bit now so probably won't be back until after Christmas.
Have a super time and enjoy the festivities - the diet starts again in earnest in the New Year! xx

Its nearly christmas!

Good morning everyone, not long now until Christmas!!!! I am at work until Wednesday and am trying my best to behave foodwise!!!

We have our work Christmas party on Friday night and although I made a true pig of myself with desert I was well behaved with the old beverages!! I WI on Friday as well and had sts so not all bad!

I am hoping to get a 1lb off this week but I am not going to be overly dissapointed if I stay the same!

Today: SE
Breakfast: 2 satsuma, banana, ff yogart
Lunch: Jacket potato with beans and cheese hea, apple, ff yogart
Dinner: Potato wedges, burger, tomtoes, scallion, onion, sliced boiled egg, sugar snap peas
Snack:porrage hea, heb

Happy new year everyone - a bit late i know

Happy New year Everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful new year and christmas and that not too many lb were added on!

I know I put on loads over the festive season but I am glad to say that I have managed to get my head in the right place and get cracking with SW again!

I started this week WI at 9st 9lb and this morning (sneaky WI) I am at 9st 6 so I am really pleased. I hope to shed another 1lb for offical WI on Friday as Jon and I are heading away for the night on Saturday night to celebrate our 8 year anniversary. We aren't doing anything too mad just heading up to belfast to stay in the fitzwillam and then going to a Japanese place called Zen for dinner. I am so looking forward to it, it feels like such a long time from I had anything to look forward to!

So the plan for today looks like:
G
Breakfast: Porrage 1/2 hea, heb
Snack: 2 satsuma, apple
Lunch: Veg soup
Dinner: Spag bol made with extra lean mince, boveril, tinned and fresh tomato, carrotts, cellery, baby sweetcorn, peppers, onions, and extra mature cheddar.
Snack: mini dairy milk 5.5 syns, sm jacket potato with beans

Fingers crossed I stick with this as I find of an evening I just want to snack!!

Back