My Food + My Life + My Journey... Here goes!

delighted to see your dress is fitting you! isn't it such a good feeling!?! it looks gorgeous on you :) really funky little number, love it! Today's menu sounds much more balanced as well, its all goooood! I don't have a menu planned as such but t'will be all free/superfrees no doubt. Am good at my meals, tis just the snacks, but got through last night without munching a thing! Yeow! Mind you I was cramming to get an assignment finished to hand in this morning lol - glad to finally wash my hands of it. On to the next one! xx

Yea I love dark choc, like 80% stuff, its great, and your right, you only need a square or too! or else it is sickening.

My assignment was a business analysis on a local garden retail centre - fun. Actually I did kind of enjoy it in a strange way, t'was interesting. I am doing a FdSc in horticulture - that's gardening to you and me - this was one of the compulsory modules! But its not the area I want to go in to - I want to work in historic and botanic gardens, and have got a 1 year placement coming up in Sept in 2 national trust gardens, soooo delighted, after 10 years of being stuck to an office chair i shall finally be free to frolic amongst the birds n bees!!!!!!! I have written about it in my own blurb of a diary lol, its called 'the diary of one girl's struggle to change' - ain't that the truth!

FRIDAY!!!!!!! Cannot wait till tomorrow altho i know im going to be consuming crap loads of calories but still majorly excited to have a bit of a boogie!

Still shattered from the gym last night, but making sure I go back today! Need to make sure I go around 4 times a week! Today shows a 1lb gain tho which is so annoying! My damn weight doesnt wanna go past the 12.7 mark and its irritating me! I think im going to make another weekly plan after saturday and go back to basics, which i know i keep saying im going to do, but im defo doing it this sunday!!! I have fallen into the trap where i think im doing SW 100% but im probably not and not even realising! Like them damn secret eaters on the TV! lol

So today another EE:

B: Weetabix + ssmilk + 1 sugar (hea heb + 2 syns)
L: Subway Chicken Teriyaki Salad with cheese (6 syns)
D: Marinated Tilapia, SW chips and salad

Was contemplating having a glass of wine, but i know im going to be drinking a bit tomorrow so i think ill pass on that! lol

Total syns: 8

Gym session: 1 hour (will update on calories burnt a bit later!)

Hope everyone has a brilliant Friday! I know I will because i have a fairly quiet day! 5 people booked in and a welcome session which hardly anyone turns up for anyways and catching up on some admin!

This is what screws with me and why i should use either calories/MFP or SW

Morning all!!

Luci - I think it certainly helps when I know i struggle to stay on plan over the weekend. So the fast during the week just helps me counteract the weight I may put on. Reduced it down to 6:1 now where my fast days are Tuesday before my Wednesday morning WI. Still trialing it out to be honest and I think by June/July time i will have a better understanding as to whether it is successful or not.

Suprisingly after how much i ate and DRANK on saturday, im only up by 0.2lbs from WI. Sorta back on plan today. Forgot to bring lunch so will have to see what I have available to me. Don't really want another subway salad. Tummy feels a bit dodgy. Just hoping I havn't picked up a bug or anything! Gonna see how I feel at lunch. Might just have a simple sandwich and have today as a green day.

B: branflakes and almond milk (hea heb)
L: Not sure yet will update when I have decided - may have a ham salad sandwich and use the bread as another heb choice
D: 2 quorn sausages with veggies and smash (2 syns)

Hoping the gym tonight will help me feel better but might not push myself too much, probs some light cardio followed by weights. Determined to see my next shiny this week! Desperately want to be in the 11's before i go on holiday!

Texty!! Im good how are you? How was your holiday. Saw a glimpse of your pic on ur diary you look gorjus and it looked so lovely there!

WI tomorrow.. eek! Praying for that damn shiney i been waiting forever for. Cannot believe how much my WL has slowed down! Really Frustrating! Feels like ill never get to the 11's never mind the 10's!

Anyways today is my fast day so no food for me. As i skipped gym, im going tonight, but im going to have a pear and a plum before i go!
Dinner tonight i think will be pea and potato curry with a side salad and boiled rice!
Need to make sure i keep on top of the water in take today. Yday as i was ill i hardly drank any water, think i only managed 1 litre! Need to triple that today!!

It's not the fasting days causing your losses to slow is it? Fasting for a few days in odd weeks i'd imagine it would be fine, but the longer you force your body to go into starvation mode for a few days, i wonder if it holds on the calories you do put in after you fast to "make up" for the starvation periods. Or maybe when you are doing SW days you aren't eating enough, looking at MTP you only have maybe 1k calories a day, despite SW not being calorie based your body still goes by them, then your burning those calories at the gym, your body needs 1.2k or more without exercise so after excerise you're having very few calories and your body is trying to survive....if it were me, i'd up your food intake and see if that works.

Do you write everything down? If you have the stuff from first few weeks compare it to what you have now, see what the differences are

Hey hun, I think Ally cud ave hit the nail on the head. Wif the gym work yer doin yer most likely just not eatin enuf. I kno wat yer sayin bout the fact that u eat more at the w/ends but I think that can confuse yer body a bit cos it's "starvin" durin the week n then "bingein" at the w/end so it'l store up from the w/end 2 tide it over the "starvin" time in the week - if that makes sense!? lol! U'd prob b better tryin 2 eat more durin the week 2 balance it out a bit, it doesn't ave 2 b anythin syn-full since there so much free food u cud ave. My super fitness freak mate at work is a real believer in the whole "eat little n often thing", espec when he's in proper trainin mode x

yeh its just difficult when you have got urself into a routine of just eating 3 meals a day and thats it! I hardly eat any fruit these days because i bring it in and then i never end up eating it because i dont have time or im not hungry!
I think i eat quite a big dinner, and i wouldnt be able to stomach more for breakfast, so might have to consider eating more at lunchtime because often im just having a small salad with some sort of meat. Might have to consider taking some pasta or potatoes with it.
I defo agree with you guys about the gym thing. Last week i worked out that in total during the week i burnt 2900 calories, which is almost a day and a half of food. And with the amount im eating, by looking at MFP thats worth about 2 and a half days worth of food for me. Going to continue with my fast days this month, and up my food on other days, and if that still doesnt work, then i may consider cutting out the fast day all together as my weight loss wasnt so bad before i started the fasted. Altho saying that i wasnt going to the gym either!

It's interestin u just said u eat quite a big dinner cos I used 2 do that 2. I was brought up on massive dinners! lol! Anyway I found that after my intial losses my WL slowed a bit so I started eatin slightly bigger lunches n slightly smaller dinners n it seemsed 2 do the trick so mayb that cud b another factor 4 u as well. Also I never really used 2 eat in the middle of the afternoon at work. I always ave fruit at mornin coffee break but I'd just ave a cuppa in the afternoon as I wasn't ever hungry. Then I started avin fruit at my afternoon coffee break as well n that seems 2 help as well. 2 begin wif it felt kinda wrong 2 b eatin when I wasn't really hungry but now I really miss my banana if sumthin stops me avin it! It fact the others in the office now refer 2 3pm as Banana o'clock! lol! :D

Back