My head is melted and I need advice ! !

IrishLaura

Silver Member
Ok, here goes, I have a hell of a lot of weight to loose, probably about another 10 stonne.

I have lost 5 stonne 4 lb in 9 weeks on LT.

I made a decision that I would come of TFR in time for my wee brothers birthday at the end of November.

My plan was to come off on the 15th of November and stay on Maintance of 2 shakes and 1 low calorie meal a day until January, but last week and this week I have been struggling some what.

I have been thinking about bringing that date forward, as come January i will be on LT full time until I get to where I want to be.

So I am thinking about returning my weeks supply, which I got today, come Monday morning and starting maintance.

There are a few problems though, mainly the thought of coming off TFR is making me unbareably upset, and that is making me panic.

Let me explain, I have panic disorder and depression, I lied at my LT interview, which I know I shouldnt have but I did, and only because I have wanted this so bad.

I think I have become so happy with the control that I have over my eating and my weight, that if I dont have the break now, the problem will get worse and worse the longer I leave it, I am taking the date forward by 4 weeks.

My OH is also on LT, and has been for 4 weeks, and when it was just me on it, it wasnt too bad, if he wanted to go to the pub then I would go if I wanted, but now, we have no social life, as he cannot be arround food or alcohol at all if he is abstaining, he just finds it too difficult, so it is better to stay away.

I am so afraid of coming off TFR, as I have been so happy and confident this past few weeks, and I LOVE this feeling. I have had so much energy, and I love that, all the sleep that I have had has been very good quality sleep AND I have been loosing this weight ! !

Can anyone tell me plain and straight and honestly what they think I should do??

I welcome all advice.

Thanks x x

Can i ask why you'll be coming off it in Nov for you bros bday but staying off till jan?

Laura if thats what u want to do then go for it, its up to u , doing half and half u still might loose but just not as much, also if u do decide to come off, u can still use the stuff u bought today, i am refeeding and i still have the choc shakes,
once u get in to a routine , u should be fine,
just keep ur mind focused like u are now , but the choice is urs :)

I decided that it was that close to Xmas, I dont want to be on it over Xmas, I have all year to diet, and tbh if I am on it over Xmas I cant have a drink and go out. We have some family traditions at Xmas that I want to be involved in, like having a family gathering on Xmas night and having a drink.

Yes loosing my weight is more important than having fun and drinking etc, but come January I will be on this permanently until I have lost all the weight.

IMHO I think you should stay with it, people have birthdays every year so have a good one next year.
I am a big believer that you should NOT come off LT just to, lets be honest get pi55ed and eat a 5hit load of sausages on bloody sticks with the rest of the party goers.
Stick at it kidda and soon you will be able to celebrate any time you want.
BUT whatever you choose, that will be the right choice;) xxxx

Laura if thats what u want to do then go for it, its up to u , doing half and half u still might loose but just not as much, also if u do decide to come off, u can still use the stuff u bought today, i am refeeding and i still have the choc shakes,
once u get in to a routine , u should be fine,
just keep ur mind focused like u are now , but the choice is urs :)

My mind is VERY focused and I thought I had it all well planned, its I suppose that I am bringing that plan forward four weeks.

Is there any calorie difference in a TFR shake and a maintance??

Thats exactly why i want to be at my goal by christmas coz theres no way im drinking shakes on christmas day!! I honestly believe that only you know what will make you happy and thats the way you should go. Only you know best for you body (god i sounds like my mum!!!!)

IMHO I think you should stay with it, people have birthdays every year so have a good one next year.
I am a big believer that you should NOT come off LT just to, lets be honest get pi55ed and eat a 5hit load of sausages on bloody sticks with the rest of the party goers.
Stick at it kidda and soon you will be able to celebrate any time you want.
BUT whatever you choose, that will be the right choice;) xxxx

I totally understand what you are saying 100%, buts its my baby brother, and hes 18 ! ! Plus I was coming off it for Xmas too ! ! !

You wanna know what I think my problem is?? It is that I think the same as you, but I know if I stay on this over his birthday and Xmas I will be miserable and regret it.

I will be back on LT in January permanent until I get to the weight I want, be it 6 months or 12 !!!!

Thats exactly why i want to be at my goal by christmas coz theres no way im drinking shakes on christmas day!! I honestly believe that only you know what will make you happy and thats the way you should go. Only you know best for you body (god i sounds like my mum!!!!)

Well done honey, I hope you reach your goal for Xmas !! It is physically impossible for me to reach my goal by then !

you go for it, as you seem to know what you want to do, so dont let it mess your head up. xx

I agree with sheep once you get into a rountine, if you come off LT, you should do just fine. especially if your OH will still be on LT, cos there shouldnt be excess food around to tempt you :)

No he will be coming on to Maintance too. He is struggling, but I know I will have to make him promise himself that he will return to it in January, now that we know what to expect it should be easier to start again.

Honestly i think you should do what makes you happy. All i will say is i came off it for a week and iv found it so hard to get back into it. If you do come off LT then make sure your in the right frame of mind to get back into it 100%

im not sure, but it does say u can have 1 or the other

I am going to telephone my pharamacist first thing Monday morning !

Thank you for your reply x

you go for it, as you seem to know what you want to do, so dont let it mess your head up. xx

I know, but I am so afraid ! !

Thank you for your help honey x

Honestly i think you should do what makes you happy. All i will say is i came off it for a week and iv found it so hard to get back into it. If you do come off LT then make sure your in the right frame of mind to get back into it 100%

I have never been more determined in all of my life, besides everyone has remarked on how well I look, and my skin is, it would be very very very silly not to come back on TFR and finish my journey.

It is not as though I am quitting LT, I am just cutting down, its the best way to see it I think.

Firstly what are you affraid of, why dont you list them fears in priority and lets see if we can all make them less scary x

No he will be coming on to Maintance too. He is struggling, but I know I will have to make him promise himself that he will return to it in January, now that we know what to expect it should be easier to start again.

I really hope it goes well but having your OH on maintenance with your would be just as good as him staying on LT in my opinion :D both there to support each other and slap hands if they stray :p I wish you all the luck in the world :) but I dont think you need it :D

Back