My Journey begins

TashaLB

Hello All

So a way I have decided I'm going to battle my weight head on is to almost keep an online journey and will try to post each day.

So a little about me, I'm 35 and have 1 son who's my world. I have tried for another baby for 12 years so here's my inspiration and why I'm ready to tackle this, why it has took so long I guess I felt sorry for myself, selfish I know however you get so easily sucked into a never ending spiral of hopelessness however no more I am ready to take control.

I work what seem 50 hours a week so picking at work is way to get through the day again this is what has also helped me get to 18.6 st on the scales!! At my highest again.

So any way tomorrow is the start of my new life I meet with my consultant for the first time and collect my food for the week and I am excited.

I have read so many stories I know this isn't going to be a walk in the park, I hope to share my ups and downs with who ever wants to read what ever follows.

I am looking forward to sharing this and maybe some helpful tips for my first couple of weeks.

Here goes my last day of my old life and here's to my next positive post as I begin.

Hello, I'm a new starter too! I'm 35 tomorrow and saw my consultant yesterday. When are you actually planning on starting? My consultant wants me to wait until Monday but I'm thinking I may start on Saturday instead.

Hi

Well good luck to you you must be feeling like me then nervous and excited.

I'm starting mine tomorrow simply because I always say Monday to every diet but I never start.

I seen my consultant today and collected my week of goodies really doesn't look a lot but I expected that.

You will have to let me know how you get on and a big happy birthday for tomorrow I hope you have a lovely day

So my first morning even and the thought of not having my normal cup of coffee is dawned upon me so black it is with sweeteners will at least try.

And this morning I'm hungry it must be psychological because I'm never hungry in the mornings!!

I have to say I'm a little nervous and already worried how I'm going to get through my first day but I will and I want to!!

You'll get through it. Just push for the end of today. Make that your goal. Once you're in bed, you'll feel amazing sense of achievement. Then tomorrow do the same thing. Push for the end of the day, after a few days it will become normal and you'll stop thinking about it so much. That's been my experience anyway!

Good luck!

You can do it! Hunger pangs always pass after a while :)

Hey Tasha,

I found your diary so can post here, well done forgetting through your first day! What products did you have today and how? I didn't get on well with the soups, although I love the porridge, rice pudding, spag Bol, Thai curry doable, and love making mouse/jello with the shakes.

I also use stevia, it's a natural sweetner with zero cals which we love and unlike sweetners where each tablet is usually a single carb, depending how many sweeteners you have it increases your daily carbs, so maybe switch it keep to a minimum. Or invest in the stevia. Any brand is fine, myprotein do them cheaply on Amazon, eBay has them but they charge crazy money. You gotta love the cheek of the eBay sellers...

I've also been making my products up differently, i.e. Extra soaking and nuking time as well as more water.

Well done, I promise when you get stuck in with the plan, by now it's just part of my life. Am more than happy to stick with it long term. I never really enjoyed the junk food I was gobbling down anyway.

I mix up my products a lot ;) lol...

Happy belated returns Baby caddy.. awe

Night

Xxx

Morning

So today I feel great and so optimistic, I made it through my first day :banana_dancer:

Yesterday my menu consisted of 1 black coffee, strawberry and cherry smoothie, tomato and basil soup and a spag Bol and enjoyed them all, plus around 5 pints of water.

I'm looking forward to trying new things however I'm restricted at the moment with being on step 1.

So here's Day 2 I never have to start this again and I feel good about it.

Last night was strange not picking at sweet or carb foods but I feel happy about it.

I don't even feel to hungry this morning even thou my belly is chatting away.

So here we are all on our new day!!

Let's make it a good one :woohoo:

Xxx

Last edited:
End of day 2, headaches for a couple of hours but after drinking more water and taking a couple of tablets they seem to have disappeared.

My hunger not so bad today, again my black coffee with chocolate and mint milkshake, oriental soup and a macaroni cheese plus lots of water.

Have to say a little easier on the hunger side however I have felt a little more tired, I know this is the norm and it will soon pass.

Well that's Day 2 aced :)

Let's make tomorrow as good as the other 2 :0icanfly:

Well done Tasha,

How are you doing today?

Well done Tasha,

How are you doing today?
Hey Caddy

I'm feeling a lot better today and not as hungry, I had pretty bad headaches yesterday but they have passed today.

I weighed myself this morning and on my third day I've lost 8lb so it's a start most like water but hey if it's less in the scales I'm happy so I'm into my 17's now :)

Did you start Saturday or are you going for it tomorrow?

Omg Tasha,

That's amazing well done!! I promise not too long down the road, the plan will be so part of your everyday life you'll forget about it and will be sailing through. Amazing early day loss, I don't care what anyone says, I believe the unofficial weighins keep you on track, and remind you if you stick with it those pounds will go down!!!

Keep at it lady whoop whoop !!

Xxx

Good Morning beautiful people

Well today I feel great I got through it and believe my body has definitely hit the ketosis stage, go me.

First day back at work my my dreaded treat draw is empty so it will be a milkshake for lunch today.

First weigh in Thursday really looking forward to this .

My belly no longer feels bloated which is a great feeling and I'm not tired I only got up once last night to pee thank goodness.

Let's make today and good one and shy away from any temptations :woohoo:

:) Hey Tasha, well done on your weight loss so far. :p I did Cambridge many years ago and lost a phenomenal amount of weight in my first week. It was very motivating. My story is similar to yours in that I've pretty much got the same amount to lose as yourself and I'm also trying to conceive, although it's baby no.1 for me. Anyway, wishing you plenty of success. :D

:D
:) Hey Tasha, well done on your weight loss so far. :p I did Cambridge many years ago and lost a phenomenal amount of weight in my first week. It was very motivating. My story is similar to yours in that I've pretty much got the same amount to lose as yourself and I'm also trying to conceive, although it's baby no.1 for me. Anyway, wishing you plenty of success. :D

Hey Lisa

Thanks for your message.

I do hope it happens for you soon and your blessed with a baby soon.

I think this diet is amazing can be hard some days but does get easier.

Wish you lots of luck :D

Well it's day 4 and my first day back at work.

As per usual out come the cakes and goodies from my colleagues but I put my blinkers on just need to buy a peg for my nose so I can't smell it all!!

Today's menu strawberry shake for breakfast, chocolate shake for lunch and chicken tikka rice for tea.

No headaches today and again not as hungry, metallic taste all day so carried my mouth spray so my breath was a little fresher.

All in all a good day, looking forward to Thursday so I can buy some of these flavoured coffee pouches a colleague told me about after finding out he's doing CD to.

That's me chilling now for the evening and another day done :p

End of day 5 and it's been a long day, not even the diet that would be work, usually I'd treat myself to a choccy bar or some crisps or cakes but no more just had to cope with the work day without it.

Belly was chatting away today, colleagues could hear it a desk away, had my milkshake for lunch and it settled, did make me giggle thou as it's the first it's made that noise, it was growling quite angrily, apart from that not been to hungry but I had a huge gap between my lunch and dinner was a total of 7 hours so got a little peckish then I suppose that's to be expected.

I am a little tired but it's been a long and very very stressful day.

Here's to tomorrow my first official weigh in eve, my unofficial says 13lbs, I'm hoping this is the same with there scales I will soon find out!!

Back