My journey to be 12 stone lighter!

CeeCee-is-MeMe

The start:

Right guys. I've been reading through some blogs/diaries and I thought it seems a great way to keep motivated, motivate/help others and to keep a record of what losing weight is actually like as well as remember the good and the bad. Coz I've been trying to lose weight for years and yet it still slaps me in the face at how hard it is every time I start dieting again. I thought by writing it down I have evidence :) and keep track.

Well... I am 24, I reside in 'The North', like a mug i went to uni more than once lol! so due to the level of debt I have amassed in the name of education, I am currently living with some family and my little doglet Lulu.

I have always been a big lass, I have the childhood photos to prove it. Not to mention the hideous memories of feeling like the 'fat' one from about the age of 5. For example my nickname from a very young age has been 'chunk' (self explanatory I think lol). I also first went to a dietitian at 6 and even then I needed to lose stones not pounds. I clearly remember losing 9lbs and being over the moon but also not wanting to tell people as they might then try and guess how much I must weigh (I was only 6 years old at this point!) I also remember my cousin who is 3 years older getting weighed and I got weighed afterwards and I weighed more! Even then as a young child I was crushed!

I lived with my grandparents from a young age and even though I was already a big girl, my weight went out of control at my grans house. She's a big lady too but nothing compared to me. She absolutely amazing and I owe her everything but she does love to feed you up! :) I think it's a gran thing. They love to see you eat. And as I love to eat, the result was inevitable... I'm now morbidly obese. I don't want to make it sound like I'm blaming my gran, coz im not. She didn't hold a gun to my head and force me to eat! I did that all myself.

Of course I was the fat kid at school, but luckily I made it through without being bullied and with some very good friends. So I count myself lucky there! Of course I got comments and looks but nothing I'd call bullying. Still hurt tho of course! :-(

everyday without fail I'd wish, pray and hope to lose weight. I wanted to look like my friends. I wanted to be able to buy clothes like them and not just go to Evans. I just wanted to feel normal I guess!

Since school my weight has increased every year. I thought once at uni and looking after myself I could take control of it, how wrong I was. It just got worse.

I went to slimming world and lost 2st. But I gradually stopped going (no excuse as to why) a year later I'd gained the 2st back plus another 2. So I went to my local ww group. I nearly died when my leader told me my weight! I knew I was big but 25st was just crazy! I was the biggest there by far too. I lost nearly 3st and stared jogging everyday. But surprise surprise, gradually I stopped going and slowly but surely the weight crept back.

I'm now starting again, but with more determination than ever before! I refuse point blank to carry on like this. I don't wanna waste yet another year talking about losing weight whilst actually just getting bigger. I'm tired of watching others live life, whilst I (who used to be very outgoing until recently) hide away from the world.

So that's some of me in a nutshell. I look forward to writing about my losses (of which I hope to be many :)

I hope that also my journey might help others. As others have helped me :-D Good luck everyone!
Ccxx

Thank you very much :) Right back at u!
Gud luk
Ccxx

This could get confusing...I sign off many of my posts with CC lol.

Glad youre feeling a little less daunted than you were in the first post I saw. Once you read some of the success stories you begin to realise that it is achievable and you are far from alone on this journey. There are loads of us on here to cheer you along, to gee you up when the going gets tough which it does at times and if you are anything like me you will feel that you are accountable a little bit more with so many people doing it along side you.

Are you planning mini goals for yourself along the way? If you are why not post them in your signature...it helps me to see them on every post I make.

Good luck

CC

Hi CC, it's CC lol.

Yeh I'm feeling quite positive about it all now. Reading the posts on here help no end. Im So inspired every time I come on.

I am definitely breaking it down into mini targets. I'm currently on here using the iPhone app so i can't see signatures etc, but I'll b getting myself to a computer soon to see what I'm missing & update my profile. The app only has limited sections I think.

How are you getting on?

Ccxx

Hi,

I'm getting on ok. Think I'm hitting a bit of a plateau which this early in the game is a tad disheartening but I know i've been 100% so apart from eating less, hard as I'm only on around 1050 calories average, (I allow 900-1200) or exercising more, hard with emphysema, there is little I can do about it. It will restart but I'll jiggle things around to try and help it along.

If I static or gain this Sunday weigh in i'll do a day of higher calories (only up to 1600) then drop low. Zig zagging, I think its called but I just call it mixing it up or fooling my metabolic rate! I lost 22lbs in 8 weeks but its taken me 4 weeks to lose 6lbs... guess I'm being impatient! I'm trying to think what I would be telling another person if they were posting and I know it would be slow and steady is better, just don't like the taste of my own words lol!

I like your "combining what I've learned" diet. Thats a bit like mine. I started with very different thoughts but from reading loads of posts on loads of different sites, body builder methods etc I've come up with the "Low calorie, calorie deficit, zigzagging, low fat, lower carb, healthy eating with the occasional help from a slimfast shake when i can't be arsed to cook" diet. Bit of a long title to put tho I think!

Anyways, enough of my ramblings. Keep reading, keep going...we WILL get there

CC

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Good luck with your weight loss.

Like the other CC says, this place is really amazing for inspiration and i've 'met' some great people who don't judge, know what it's like to have a lot of weight to lose and are there when i'm going through a bad phase. So keep posting and you'll get there one day too (hopefully I will too :eek:)

Thanks everyone.

It's so disheartening isn't it when ur putting in the effort but it seems ur not getting anywhere. I've found that if one week I expected to lose weight but I didn't the week after it came off. Does that make sense? Lol. Stick at it tho. It sounds like your doing everything right.

I've been doing ok this week. I've lost another 3lbs so it's going in the right direction. I gotta say I'm a bit worried about Christmas. I hope I don't go mad with food, which has happened in the past. I need to work on being able to resist food in bulk coz I kno my family will be piling the plates high!

I'm looking forward to the new year tho. I actually feel that this is the year I'm going to lose the weight!!

Ccxx

CeeCee-is-MeMe said:
Thanks everyone.

It's so disheartening isn't it when ur putting in the effort but it seems ur not getting anywhere. I've found that if one week I expected to lose weight but I didn't the week after it came off. Does that make sense? Lol. Stick at it tho. It sounds like your doing everything right.

I've been doing ok this week. I've lost another 3lbs so it's going in the right direction. I gotta say I'm a bit worried about Christmas. I hope I don't go mad with food, which has happened in the past. I need to work on being able to resist food in bulk coz I kno my family will be piling the plates high!

I'm looking forward to the new year tho. I actually feel that this is the year I'm going to lose the weight!!

Ccxx

Good luck on your journey. I had 14 stone to loose when i started but just over half way now and realising i can do this. If i can do it i am sure you can do:)

Hey CC!!

I loved reading your intro post, I can relate to alot of what you're saying in terms of having a nan who loves to feed you and just running with it. I also did the SW thing too, started off at 264.5lbs and lost 2 stone with them, decided to do the rest alone.. I kept stopping and starting - praying it would fall off.. So I completely understand where you're coming from.. just keep up the momentum and we will all be here to witness your success :D Evans will be a thing of the past, variety and choice will be yours!!!

xxxxxxx

CeeCee-is-MeMe said:
Thanks everyone.

Ccxx

3lbs is awesome! Keep it going.

Talk about humiliating!!! I had to stand on two scales at the Docs today! Because I was too heavy for just one! I wanted to curl up and die, but in true form I laughed it off!!! Next time I go there I will NOT Need to do that! I refuse to do that again! I feel like a freak!!! :'(

How does standing on 2 work? I used to have 2 and I tried it and came out less than i was when i added the 2 figures together. Is there a formula to it?

Please don't let it get you down, you are doing something about it and youre dead right that next time you will not need to do that.

Hi. Not even sure if it worked coz they do it in KGs and I'm a lbs & stones girl. I'm sure it cudnt work accurately though. It's just so embarrassing to have to do it. He seemed genuinely surprised that I was that heavy, which i took as a positive. Suggesting I don't look as heavy as I really am! Clutching at straws there tho i think.

I kno ur right. I'm on them right track & doing something about it. It's just things like this just kind of slap u in the face a bit & remind you that your 'different'.

But tomorrows a brand new day right!?! Just gotta keep focused.
Thanks CC

Yes, you are on the right track, you have all of us for support and you will get there.

I wish Dr's would sometimes think before they did things like this tho, it could have sent you scuttling off home to cry and comfort eat. When I told my Dr I was still gaining on 1800 cals a day he looked disbelieving and handed me an 1800 calorie diet sheet and said "follow it, you WILL lose weight" My first thoughts were "F*ck it i'm always going to be fat" and probably did eat more than I had been for a couple of days before deciding to try 1500 calories which only saw me static. It was a photo 4 months later that gave me the real kick up the bum...and here i am

U are so right! They look at you like ur a liar or cheating on the diet! Thank god you were able to snap yourself out of it! Coz yr right. Most folk would think to hell with it and pig out! It's defo what I used to (and still want to) do.
One time a doc told me "if it was easy to lose weight we would all be thin, you need to try harder". At the time I was busting a gut at the gym, jogging & at SW! But she didn't care.

I've had more support on here than I've ever had from the quacks. I kno not all of them are like that. We must just have met a bad few.

I think today could have been handled better. That's for sure. He could have been more discrete for a start.

Luckily we havnt let these experiences stop us. That's what counts.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!
:-D xxx

Hope you are coping with Christmas ok. (If not, it's only once a year!) Good luck, the trick to losing a lot of weight seems to be persistence- just keep going. Easier said than done, but it can be done!

Back