My journey to feeling fit :)

Wednesday 21st March

Breakfast: 35g bran flakes and less than 250ml SS milk (HEB and HEA), 2 x Hifi light bar (HEB)
Lunch: packet of Pombear (4)
Tea: Penne with pork and tomato ragu (not sure of syns for a Green day as I didn't cook it, but I'm not going to count it as it was after WI. I know you should, but it's not like I pigged out - it's still an SW meal!)
Snacks: Highlights (2), Alpen light bar (3)

Total syns: 9, minus 6 for only having 1 HEA = 3
Exercise: rest day
Weigh In result: - 4.5lbs!
__

Wednesdays are a bit all over the place for my eating. I only try to eat things that don't weigh very much and try not to eat after lunchtime. I need to be a little more prepared on WI days, but the time goes so slowly!

Last edited:
I was going to have a completely Red week this week, but there was nothing in the house this morning to prepare for a Red day, so I'm having to do Extra Easy. On my way home, I will be doing a shop for the week, so the next 6 days will be Red days. The set menu in this issue of the magazine is really helpful! I actually like most of it!

Today, I've had my first star week since January (sorry if that's TMI), and I'm worried that it's going to make me reach for the chocolate! I'm going to try my best to be prepared, with lots of fruit and SW friendly snacks, so we'll see how it goes - hoping it'll pay off on the scales next week :) Only need 3lbs for my 1 stone award and 4lbs for my Club 10, so I'm aiming for 4lbs this week!!

Took my measurements for the first time since I started running. 9th March was the first time I ran, although it was only 15th March that I started taking it seriously and trying to come up with a routine. Since then, I've lost 1 inch from my chest, 1 inch from my waist, 0.5 inches from my hips (they are finally under 40 inches!), 1 inch from each arm and 1 inch from each thigh - that's 6.5 inches, for what is only really a week's worth of proper running! So, so pleased - hope I can keep it up x

Fingers crossed you have a great loss next week Annie if its your first * week for a while....are you normally that irregular? To give you some hope, I hadn't had a * week for 4 months & had a 5lb loss the following week, but I do retain a lot of water, so Im sure you will easily achieve a 4lb loss & red days as well x

Morning Kim :)

I have a contraceptive implant in my arm and it has made my cycle very erratic, although it seems to have been more consistent recently. Although I get the hormones every month, I only get the actual star week every 2-3 months or so. Which is great, except they now last about 2 weeks - not so great!

I'm now writing out my plan for the week. If I post it, would you be able to check it for me please? x

Bloody hormones, they'll be the death of all of us, I'll be glad when its all over for me........oops just read that back & sounds ominous, I mean when * weeks are over lol! I was peri-menopausal in my 30's when we started fertility treatment so its been going on for years yuch!
Yes, I'll gladly look at your meal plan & hope I can be some help x

You know it says baking potato (230g raw) for a B choice on a red day? Does that include sweet potato or can you only have normal ones?

Very good question, dont know......leave it with me & I'll do a search & see if I can find out x

Have just done a search & it looks as tho you cant have sweet potato as a Hex as there isn't enough fibre in it! x

Damn! Those things are my saviour. Back to the drawing board then! Thanks hun x

You can still have a normal jacket spud as a HexB & its quite a decent portion, or you could have them as wedges in the oven x

Yeah, I put that down instead - planning for a red day is so much more difficult than green! I didn't realise that I ate so many carbs!

I've tried to do that where possible - I'm really struggling with breakfasts. As I leave my house at 6am, I can't eat until I get to work at 8am and it has to be something really simple. I'm finding though that if I use my A and B at breakfast, that I'm struggling to find something I can have for dinner.

What do you have for breakfasts on a red day?

I have yoghurt, berries & any other fruit like a banana or kiwi every day & at the weekend I will sometimes do a SW cooked brekkie. You could have the fruit all ready the night before in a tuppaware box & then pour the yoghurt on when you're going to eat it. Hard boiled eggs is a good one....Im just trying to think of brekkies you can have that dont need to be used as a Hex ......cold sausages! x

Cold sausages and hard boiled eggs is a great idea - I could make it the night before and just take it with me!

I'm not much of a fruit salad fan, but I am willing to give it a go. A couple of people last night were talking about raspberries - are they any nice? I like raspberry flavoured things, but never tried an actual raspberry lol

Oh my goodness Annie, you've never had raspberries lol! WHY NOT?????? I spend a fortune on fruit & also every year I go to the bottom of my garden & pick loads of them in my blackcurrant & raspberry patch! You dont know what you're missing....get some! They're quite expensive at the mo as they're not in season, but please get some you wont regret it. For my brekkies, I buy the frozen packs of mixed berries from Tesco as they're a lot cheaper & one bag lasts 4 brekkies with a yogurt.....not the tesco make....hold on I'll just go & look.....Country Store Mixed Fruit, yummy & about £1.40 a bag. I take a portion out of the freezer in the morning, put in a dish, pop into the fridge & they're ready to eat by the next morning......Im quite anal & like to be prepared! Years of nursing & shift work means I had to be organised, especially with food!!! x

Hehe, I'll pick some up on my way home - just for you! I will try the mixed berries, can you put vanilla Mullerlight over them? I don't like the natural yoghurt..

I've got one more red lunch and one more red dinner to find, for the same day, with all HEx's available..

I'll come up with some ideas and then I'll be ready to post it up x

What does 'blanched' mean? :confused:

Back