My journey to release the skinny me!!!

busybee_mummy

Today is my first week on alli (waiting for my prescription still for orlistat) and I have lost 3lbs!

My weight loss journey started about 15 years ago when I was still at school. I thought I was the largest out of all my friends, so I decided to not eat anything apart from an apple at lunch and a small evening meal - this routine left me binge eating and on a slippery slope that I'm still on without much weight loss. Looking back at photos from my school prom I was actually one of the smallest!

Since then I have never felt very comfortable and seem to gain weight really quickly and lose it slow. Durning the first summer I met my husband I gained 2 stone in 6weeks and never lost it and then it's just gone up and up, especially after 2 children, and lots of stress at home and work.

I have been on different diets every few months the only one that seemed to work was slimming world I lost 3 stone and was feeling great - only to put 4 stone back on. I have tried again since September but only lost a stone as I feel slimming world doesn't help with my portion control.

I am now weighing in at 15 stone 6.5 lbs and a size 18.

I have a main target of under 12 stone by my 30th in December, and lots of mini targets including my best friends hen weekend in 3 weeks (I'd like to lose 6-9 lbs and be in the 14's), 8 weeks till the wedding ( to be in 13's or low 14's) then try really hard till the summer.

The reason I have decided to record my journey is because I like to see things written down as I forget the little things that I achieve and just notice the negatives. I thought I could look back when I'm feeling low and boost myself!

I also need group support so will be using the forum as that's what I miss from sw and I've not told any of my friends what I'm doing as they have heard I all before!

THIS TIME I WILL SUCCED

Here it goes to week 2!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good luck to you. Sounds Like you are off to a fab start x

Thanks sarah - my head feels in the right place at the moment!

I've had a great eating day today, well under my calories and fat though but have had really good food today.

I've been eating quite a lot of processed food recently so trying to cook from scratch.

Me and hubby are going away tomorrow to Anglesey. We have a new caravan coming in June so need to get rid of some of the junk and old bits! Going to try and do some walking on the Saturday and going shopping to Chester on the way back on Sunday.

I've got a bag packed with low fat/ fat free snacks to keep me going!

Hubby broke his elbow just before Easter and can't drive so I have jelly baby's for in the car- to keep me alert obviously!!!

Well done on a great first week. I think the portion control thing is a problem for lots of people me included so I also felt sw didn't help with that.... What has made me successful so far is accepting this as a lifestyle change not a diet! Onwards & downwards x

Arrived in Anglesey - only had 5 marshmallows and a handful of jelly sweets, but have had a take away - I had chicken breast kebab with salad and a pitta bread, and a handful of chips, I'm also having (1/2) a bottle of rose. Hope I don't get a visit later!

Compared to a few months ago I would normally have had crisps, chocolate and a mc d's. Then a large mixed kebab, chips and mayo.

Feels good to be writing a diary, cause I don't want to talk to hubby about food all the time!

Back from a fab weekend in Anglesey! My eating has been ok, miles better than normal.

Lunch out on sat I had homemade Mediterranean soup at a little cafe, explained to owner/chef about diet and she didn't put any creme fresh or Parmesan in for me, so I think it was well rules.

Dinner was a different matter! We met up with friends for an Indian (no way my idea!) I decided on dhal soup and starter chicken tikka pieces, I don't think it was too bad and haven't had any signs but I just don't know what would have been best.

Had the worst day ever today though, we went shopping in Chester for a wedding outfit for next Sunday and I couldn't find anything to fit or that was in budget, I also let myself get to hungry and couldn't find any sandwiches in m&s or boots that I liked that fitted in rules- so I went without and got really grumpy.

Will remember to take snacks at least with me next time.

In the end I got a really nice pale turquoise long pleated Cotton skirt and a nice chiffon blouse top with bright flower prints, new shoes and shawl all from primark!!!! Feel really happy now!

Just had quorn breast curry, pitta and salad for dinner tonight, hubby made it with ghost chilli sauce so was a bit hot for me but added some cottage cheese and it was nice.

Going to way myself tomorrow morning to see how I have done and then not again till official weigh in on thurs.

Feel really gutted today - I've just weighed myself and I have put 2lbs on. I really dont understand why I only ate over my calories one day and no way near the fat any day.

I'm only on week 2 and feel really disheartened :-( oh well 3 days till official weigh in so will just have to try even harder and maybe do some exercise.

Aah, don't get disheartened, it's just the way it goes with weight loss. There's no way you'll have actually put on two pounds of fat, you'd have to eat a phenomenal amount! It's probably just water retention.

My advice is to not weigh yourself too often, if at all, as it can become an obsession and be very counterproductive. I know from personal experience, as I developed an eating disorder at 20, and would weigh myself every time I ate or drank anything. Now I'm here at very nearly 50, with 10 stone to lose (5 stone to go!). As I'm on Orlistat and have blood pressure problems, I go to the doctor's every month or so, and that's the only time I get weighed. Leaving it so long between weigh ins, it's always a nice loss, and I can tell I'm losing it in the meantime by little telltale signs such as my trousers falling down, lol.

So, stay away from those scales, and you will get there!! xx

Thanks Tracy for the advice, I have given myself a little talking to and decide that this time it's for good and I know I've eaten ok so it must be water etc!

I'm also only going to weigh once a week and then try once every 2 weeks.

Thanks again for advice it means a lot as my family aren't really that interested as I'm 'always on a diet'!

X

busybee_mummy said:
Thanks Tracy for the advice, I have given myself a little talking to and decide that this time it's for good and I know I've eaten ok so it must be water etc!

I'm also only going to weigh once a week and then try once every 2 weeks.

Thanks again for advice it means a lot as my family aren't really that interested as I'm 'always on a diet'!

X

You're welcome, I hope you manage to get some Orlistat soon, it's a useful tool. As I asked in another thread, what area are you in? x

I have managed to stay of the scales so far! Looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow as I know I've stuck to it 100%.

I'm eating under my kals and fat and my meals have been really nice, I bought some ready meals incase I can't be bothered to cook, so I won't be tempted with something quick - like a cornbeef and pickle onion toastie - ummm!!!

I'm feeling a bit tempted by chocolate (found the girls uneaten Easter eggs) and cheese! I bought some extra light triangles to have on toast with some wafer thin ham if the desire gets too much!

I will stay strong!!!

busybee_mummy said:
I have managed to stay of the scales so far! Looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow as I know I've stuck to it 100%.

I'm eating under my kals and fat and my meals have been really nice, I bought some ready meals incase I can't be bothered to cook, so I won't be tempted with something quick - like a cornbeef and pickle onion toastie - ummm!!!

I'm feeling a bit tempted by chocolate (found the girls uneaten Easter eggs) and cheese! I bought some extra light triangles to have on toast with some wafer thin ham if the desire gets too much!

I will stay strong!!!

Yay well done.. Good luck for tomorrow
Stay away from the chocolate :)

I haven't been able to log on for 3 days it just kept saying error! But at weigh in on thurs lost 1.5lbs! I was disappointed as hoped it would be more but after Monday's sneaky weigh in I'm pleased as I could have been 2 on!

Eaten ok last few days but have been picking at little bits (like macaroni cheese!) and a lick of the peanut butter spoon.

Going to a wedding tomorrow, first get together with hubby's friends and wife's since before Xmas so will be nice. And my husband has booked for us to stay over so will be a nice treat.

I've not taken an alli tonight or tomorrow as I'm going to still try but don't want any accidents!

X

Had such a fab time at the wedding. I'm by far the largest out of the group, and even though I've only lost a few pounds (so far) I felt comfortable and confident (especially as I know next time I see them I will be lighter still!)

Eating wise I made a bit of a blunder - I didnt have breakfast as I was saving my calories, then I started drinking on an empty stomach. I tried to avoid too much of the bad food, I had half leek and potato soup, no bread roll, chicken breast (no skin) veg and gravy and just the tiniest nibble of chocolate cheese cake. Due to too much wine I was really sick (in my room, discreetly!) and then went on to the evening do to scoff a chicken baguette and half a chicken sandwich I'd taken with me when we got back to the room!

I felt very very rough this morning and only managed 1/2 bowl of special k and a walk round the grounds, whilst everyone else had full English and croissants!

Feel better for being good today though.

Woo hoo for the coming week.

Feeling a bit p****d off today.

Last night my husband made dinner and it was a (bought) chicken enchilada, I ate it and did take an alli but felt annoyed that I ate over my fat.

Today I said I was having a weight watchers pizza and he was going to have homemade burgers. He saw mine and got really arsey saying that I'd just added about 200 extra cals by putting onion relish (30cals) and cottage cheese with it!!!! Think he was probably just jealous cause mine was so nice!!!

Wait till he sees my eaton (type) mess!!!

Moan over!

Oh I tried one of the Weight Watchers pizza's the other week and it was lovely, I think it was caramalised onion or something like that. It was so nice, the only pizza I've had since starting my diet back in February. Do you have a recipe for a low fat eton mess? I've seen people mentioning it but not tried it myself.

My eaton mess is strawberries, blue berries and raspberries with sainsburys meringue crushed, muller light Greek style (coconut) with a drizzle of honey! but I think anything goes.

I didn't actually have it in the end last night and deleted it of mfp as I was stuffed after the whole pizza!

Back