My Journey - "You must do the thing you think you cannot do" - Start LL 7th Jan' 2009

Hi Em, my first day has gone really really well. I'm so glad you made it to your first meeting after your last minute wobbles. The packs I have tried today, vanilla, choc peanut bar and veg soup were all good -especially the veg soup, that was delicious!

I didn't think you could have a bar in your first three days? I would have got a couple more for lunch time.... boo!

Thank you a lot - I'm glad your first day went well...hopefully I will be posting the exact same thing tomorrow!

Nope, you're not meant to have bars straight away. Some LLCs say none in the first week- other's say you can have them after day four, when you are most likely in ketosis... :)

Hope tomorrow goes well honey x

Hi there everyone im starting LL on the 19th January IM SOOO excited and nervous all at the same time its so lovely reading everyones journeys and has made me more determined xx

Can anyone tell me how to write a blog like you guys have above me, im starting LL next week and would love to put my journey on here xxxx

Well done Em and Julie

Great Em for not wobbling out of going.
You have climbed the first hurdle.
I'm sure you will succeed.
Good luck with your first week ladies.
I know you will want to try everything, but I found it best to keep it simple and get into a routine as soon as possible.
Keep up the water.

juliewulie said:
Can anyone tell me how to write a blog like you guys have above me, im starting LL next week and would love to put my journey on here xxxx

Just go to somewhere like Blogspot, Blogger, Wordpress etc... set up an account and get scribbling! It really is as easy as all that. I like Blogspot because you sign in with your Gmail/Google log in, so it's one less thing to remember! (I have zero memory these days). Saying that, Guy loves his Wordpress one and it looks brill too....

Get one going and post the link in your signature... either that or start one on here - see Blogs in the blue menu bar at the top :) xx

Just go to somewhere like Blogspot, Blogger, Wordpress etc... set up an account and get scribbling! It really is as easy as all that. I like Blogspot because you sign in with your Gmail/Google log in, so it's one less thing to remember! (I have zero memory these days). Saying that, Guy loves his Wordpress one and it looks brill too....

Get one going and post the link in your signature... either that or start one on here - see Blogs in the blue menu bar at the top :) xx

Yeah I do love wordpress but I picked that for a practical reason like you did Anna. There's a wordpress application for the iphone that lets me blog/draft/manage on the move. Not that i ever do it lol.

Hi,
I'm a bit in the dark about LL. I've seen it advertised in magazines, but not tried it because it is so expensive. I was wondering if it really works, but I guess it does because of your weight loss.
Can you offer any advice, please?

There are people on here that really can show you how well this can work. I'm on day one... so I guess I can answer you in 3 or 4 months.

I came into this knowing that some people don't make it through the foundation stage, some lose all the weight and put it all back on again, some people go all the way and maintain for years. It isn't for everyone, at every point of their life.

But if you think you need to re-evaluate your thoughts and feelings about food then this is for you.

hey hunni, how was today?
before u know it, week one will be over with.
hang in there hunxxx

hope you had a good first day Em, I'm off to bed now cos I've had a mega busy day at work and have a bit of a headache. My second day has not been too bad - day 3 tomorrow and then I have a drop in session on day 4. I hope I've lost enough to be worth posting about :)

WeightlossWannabe

Hello and welcome,
It does work. It has worked for me and others. It is expensive, but worth even more. Just ask Anna.
Once you've read more on here about LL you will see how we feel. Look at everyone's photos - they are what inspired me at the start.
Good luck xx

This is going to be short..but as sweet as I'm feeling right now.

DAY ONE.

Raspberry shake - used the hand blender, and was nice and frothy. Still a little powdery but will just mix for a little longer next time. I was dreading that I would hate it, but it wasn't that bad. I could drink it again - whatever I have in the morning will always make me feel a little quesy.

Vanilla shake - Made at work without blender - just my shaker. Actually okay. A few tiny lumps but still nice texture. My first sip got an HMMMMM from me..although after a while it was harder to drink. Still, it was okay, and I think a little coffee/ice will make it lovely.

Chicken soup - Oh my lord! I absolutley loved it! I can't wait for my next one. Already decided to swap my mushroom ones for chicken as I'm not a great fan of shrooms. Mixed with plenty of water and lots of pepper..hmmm (although my lip is sore from the pepper - not used to it!)

Choc Moose - Hard to mix and very sticky. At first I thought there seemed really little of it but realised...i'm having it as a pud really...and its as much as I'd get with a shop bought one. Also - amazingly scrummy.

Found I really like black tea with a couple sweeteners too. Very suprised..but pleasenty so! (I can have splendid tablet ones right?)

Water wise - around or just above the 4L mark - and that was without thinking. Have a bottle to re-fill and just kept it too hand. Was sipping wihhout realising. But can see why its so easy for it to taper off.

Now..on with feelings. Got my usual wobbles at work about how people are seeing me, as one of my confidants told a boss, after they raised an issue because I hadn't been for lunch. Fair enough really, she was actually worried - knows I have problem with weight and thought I was doing it the silly way by just not eating at all. But, I'll be ready to come clean myself in a few days I think. I really do have nothing to be ashamed of..I just need ot start realising I think.

Weeing and burping a lot! But all for a good cause!

I am feeling so, so good right now. Amazing in fact. Had a couple of moments when getting OH a glass of coke, and smelling their dinner. But, I went in kitchen, smelled it and went on to make my lovely soup.

Got all my gold spot sprays and some toothbrushes and toothpaste for at work - OH already commenting on bad breath - but I think thats that shakes and the fact I warned him about it.

Either that, or I always have smelly breath but he feels better about mentioning it now! :D

So positive today. I just want to hold on to this feeling. Tummy is rumbling but I really don't feel hungry. I don't feel bloated - I just feel satisfyed.

Bring on day two! I know not every day will be like this - but my, what an amazing way to start my journey.

All smiles :D:D:D

woohoo well done chic, day one is the hard part, ull fly through it.
have a good day today xxx

Thank you all. :D

I'm basking in feeling so good on the first couple of days, as I really was expecting it to be an huge amount of struggle.

But, I'm not getting over excited just yet. There will be hard days, or weeks. I know what I am like too, I know I tend to go into things head on and blast through the beginning and then struggle the further I get on with it.

But, this isn't as hard as I thought it would be. Yeah, I've looked at things and thought "Oh, thats a nice looking bit of food." or "Lord, that smell lovely"...but even when I stuck my head in the prawns simmering last night, I just had one big sniff and was okay! I can have them in 14 (well....lets say 28) weeks.

I am prepared for my wobbles. This will not be clean sailing, but I'm trying to keep a positive mind so I find it as sweet as I have been the past day and a half!

Hi Em

Glad day 1 went well, hope day 2 goes just as well.

I'm on day 4 now and it's all been good so far, except for a few rumbles and a headache yesterday and this morning.

I know from experience that I do get wobbles later in the programme, once the warm fuzzy glow of newness has worn off.

What's important though is to do whatever it takes to get through those times - come on here and pour your heart - there's usually someone about to listen and help you along.

Day Two

My dad is making me chuckles. For some strange reason that I just can't think of he started his new healthy living on Wednesday...hmm when did I start LL? I think he's trying to prove something...BUT if it works for him, I think great on him!

If me doing LL spurs him on to losing his wieght the way he wants to, then I can't see any losers here :D

Is it just me, or do all the soups taste pretty much the same? Luckily, I really really like the taste - but I really can't tell much difference!

Had a stressful day at work, and have found myself daydreaming about food. But not the kinds I thought I would! *FOOD MENTIONED* Plus I walked past muffins, doughnuts, biscuits, fish and chips in the canteen and you know what? *FOOD NO LONG MENTIONED!* I didn't want any of them. I didn't even fancy them. I didn't even really crave them! Woop!

Back