My last ever diet!

ciwti

Well hello all. It is day three of the Dukan diet for me. Tenth diet in a year! And god knows what number diet in my life. About me - I'm 30, no kids and live with my partner. I have always been overweight, since about age 6. At my heaviest I was 19 stone 7 pounds, and at my lightest 11 stone 6 pounds. I've done Weight Watchers, Lighter Life, Cambridge Diet, Cabbage Soup Diet, Slim Fast, Slimming World, Xenical - I think you get the picture!

This really is the final time I ever want to go on a diet and I'm determined to make it work!

Today's food has been as follows:

B: Some ham and an egg
L: Smoked mackrel and some natural yoghurt
D: Going to be chicken breast and some cottage cheese followed by a yoghurt with oatbran.

I have another 4 days to go on the first stage, but finding it quite easy up to now. Much easier than LL and Cambridge anyway!:)

be careful with ham as it can be high in fat and salt, and if it's the packaged sliced 'wafer thin' variety it'll also contain some carbs - i would try and leave it out if you can. looking good otherwise although you might find it more beneficial to eat your oatbran earlier in the day as it swells once you've eaten it making you feel full. great at breakfast time, not so brilliant for going to bed!

Good luck! At your current weight, you could (should?) be eating more protein but don't push it if you're not hungry. Perhaps add in some chicken, steak, salmon, prawns, etc rather than any more packaged or tinned stuffs which tend to have hidden nasties...

:)

Thank you both. Wow,great losses! Well done!

Had oat bran porridge for the first time this morning - mmmmm. Loved it!

Lunch will be prawns, smoked salmon and cottage cheese. And as for dinner - not sure yet!

Hello and welcome to our family cyber family.

Thank you m-mouse. Wow, you've had some great losses too! Feeling very positive from seeing how well everyone's doing. Seems from the scales that I've lost 3 pounds since Sunday. Happy given it's my TOTM and I'm feeling really bloated.

HI and welcome,

good luck with *this one* but be aware that there can be no straying. You need to be strict as each sidestep puts you (nearly) back to square one and is not good for your body either.

As for your menus: one thing I don't see at all is Eggs. they are our life-savers and also the budget option for bumping up the protein intake. If you're worried about cholesterol then stick to 2 yolks max per day - I often have an omelette with one egg and one extra white.
Baked custards (skimmed milk, egg, sweetener, vanilla) are a real treat and make a nice change from yoghurt for dessert / snack.

You are also allowed to use sweeteners to add to your plain fat-free yoghurt / quark / fromage frais if you like.

Good luck - take the basic ingredients that are on the list of allowed foods and add herbs, spices and a bit of imagination and you can have a really varied diet that's by no means boring. I have probably quadrupled the times I eat fish/seafood these days compared to 'before' - and I have seen an improvement in my joints!

Thank you anjuschka, gret tips! Well done you with only three pounds to go. Did have two eggs yesterday for breakfast and might have an omlet of some sort for dinner tonight. Looking forward to being more inventive as the diet goes on!

As for no cheats - I really am focused this time! Last year was dreadful as I was in and out of hospital with three blood clots and just couldn't settle into routine. Much better now and just determined to get down to a weight so I don't feel like hiding all the time!

Reread Anja's signature ciwti... she's actually 3lbs UNDER target, and one of our success stories here on Stabilisation!

She's my heroine... anyone can lose weight. (I do it all the time.) Keeping it off is the real battle.

You're completely right! That's why Dukan appeals to me. The fact you can do it for life and enjoy food in moderation.

mmm...just had a delicious dinner. Two poached eggs and smoked salmon. I love this diet!

She's my heroine... anyone can lose weight. (I do it all the time.) Keeping it off is the real battle.

** Blushes furiously ** :eek::eek:

It IS a battle BTW

mmm...just had a delicious dinner. Two poached eggs and smoked salmon. I love this diet!

Yes yes smoked Salmon! Bliss.... I used to have it loads much to DH chagrin :D Not so much now, as I can have other things I need to focus a bit more on the budget... But salmon trimmings (Sainsbury and Tesco do them for sure) are a godsend ;)

Yes yes smoked Salmon! Bliss.... I used to have it loads much to DH chagrin :D Not so much now, as I can have other things I need to focus a bit more on the budget... But salmon trimmings (Sainsbury and Tesco do them for sure) are a godsend ;)

That's a good idea regarding the trimmings! thanks! I just had my first galette this morning. Wasn't a fantastic event but hope I will get better at making them. Taste wasn't too bad!

There is definitely a knack to the galettes. Couple of tips: buy a new non stick pan. Don't attempt to turn it until the bottom is well cooked. Once turned, I then lean on it with my spatula to flatten it further.

Or, buy some silicon muffin moulds, separate your eggs and whisk the whites until firm, and make muffins!

Back