My life is as good as an ABBA song!

Scored some good shoes today, but gave up on trying to fix strap on defective bag, will just use it as a clutch :sigh:

Food-wise same as it ever was. Have been more or less living on chicken and beef mince, a snap to fix and tasty too. Made some bbq sauce today that came out fantastic, wrote down everything that went in but I'm worried about being able to replicate it in future. It's a definite keeper though.

BBQ sauce sounds nice I need you to remember the recipe please xx

I agree we need that BBQ sauce recipe :D

Plans for the day - exercise :( bah humbug, I ache all over, not as much as yesterday but more than before I started exercising :D....oh well gotta keep telling myself it will be worth it in the end :eek: :) x

p.s. heat is good - sweating raises your metabolic rate - so in theory you burn more calories :D so step away from the air con xxx

I agree we need that BBQ sauce recipe :D

Plans for the day - exercise :( bah humbug, I ache all over, not as much as yesterday but more than before I started exercising :D....oh well gotta keep telling myself it will be worth it in the end :eek: :) x

p.s. heat is good - sweating raises your metabolic rate - so in theory you burn more calories :D so step away from the air con xxx
I really need to start some form of exercise hubby goes 3 times a week and his results are so much better than mine, he looks really sexy without his beer belly, I'm kinda falling for him again which is strange (even stranger is typing it all out LOL), so i asked him to bring me back the list of classes they offer at his gym, thinking of going for some Pilate and Yoga classes. I just need toning and I'm not keen on high impact sports. What do you do Lotto?

Isn't the new theory that being cold makes you burn calories faster? Because your body burns calories trying to bring itself back up to normal temp? Or was that yesterday's theory?? :)

I really wanted to do the 30 day shred, did day 1 level 1 on Monday but on Tuesday it came back to bite my sciatic nerve so I have to rethink my plan. The rebounding seemed ok but I didn't get the muscle burn like you do with the shred, I can still feel all those muscles just from Monday's 20 minute workout! But because of my condition Pilates seems a viable option, may do a few private sessions with a trainer and then go it alone at home - at €20 a session I don't think I can afford a trainer for long! Really wish I could do shred though!

OK, here's the bbq sauce recipe, quantities where not listed are "generous" splash, heaping teaspoon, etc.

200g passata
70g thick tomato puree
french mustard
onion flakes
garlic powder
cinnamon
cayenne pepper
seasoning salt (a blend including celery salt)
sweetener
vinegar
very generous splash liquid smoke (key element)

It was delish without even cooking, but I popped in 2 chicken breasts and simmered about 15 minutes until chicken was cooked through. That was mostly because I was too lazy to do anything else, but next time I will cook the chicken breasts with a stock cube in the pressure cooker, shred the chicken and add it to this sauce. Plop it all on a toasted wholewheat bun (not on dukan cruise obviously), a side of Mon's mayo-less coleslaw and YUMMM :)

PS - my blend of seasoned salt, especially delish on bns chips:

1 tsp paprika or 50:50 paprika and smoked paprika
1/2tsp turmeric
1tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1tsp sweetener or more to taste
1tsp celery salt
1 tsp dry mustard
1/2tsp ea thyme, marjoram, oregano

Add a pinch of salt if needed. I tend to add more of the things I like, like onion powder and garlic powder. :)

Oh my that sounds lush and I have some liquid smoke that I can use now. Thank you very much Cheese xx

CG Regards the heat theory...

I heard a tip from a PT, you turn the air con off when it's hot, then your body has to work harder to keep you cool (sweat :eek:) and then turn the heating off when it's cold so then your body has to work harder to keep you warm :) = calories burnt/better metabolic rate :)

If it works or not I don't know, but it makes "sense" to me :) x

Liquid smoke?

Liquid smoke! Don't know if you can buy it in shops in the UK, but you can get it from amazon. Adds incredible flavour to bbq sauces and I have even "barbecued" ribs in the oven, tastes just like off the grill.

Sarah, about the heat theory - don't mind at all turning off the heat when it's cold but I LIKE TO BE COOL when it's hot out :)

Well I do believe I've had a dukan "up day" today! :D At the wake they had a sit-down dinner and I ate: chicken noodle soup, 1 mini bacon scone, potato salad (mayo, peas, carrots) and wienerschnitzel! But I drank only sparkling water and let the dessert tray pass me by - it was loaded with wicked looking strudel :)

CG I never knew they had m&s and debenhams in Bratislava :) wow, interesting place (even if "not the diet food capital of the universe" :))

I hope you're having a great morning :)

Back