My life is as good as an ABBA song!

Glad you enjoyed "el vino".
I do not know about you.. but I tried to do some calorie restriction and I ended up having fruits and chocolate every single day ( except P Protein Thursdays) while staying under 1000-1500 kcal.
I thought I was doing good till I fainted the other day.
So I'm scared about that.
I think Dukan diet is better than anything.
I'm still a little obsessed about certain foods and having a little bit of chocolate every day did not make things better.

What you going to do CG? We are always going to have to watch what we eat, thats what i get fed up with too, constantly thinking about food and what to eat thats ok, its tiring, but the planners work for me takes all that indecision and brain ache away.

Hope you get yourself sorted and out of your rut and if you find something that works give us a shout!! xxx

I'm here, kids, just wasn't feeling very sociable the past few days.
Well, I've definitely gone off dukan. It wasn't really planned or anything, I just started eating normal things (carbs) and watching my portions. Not really calorie counting but trying to be reasonable with food. I'm up 1 pound, which I think is actually quite brilliant considering I've been having a gram or 2 of chocolate every day as well as eating bread and pasta and drinking the occasional wine. Mainly I've been trying to understand my need to eat when not hungry, and I'm trying to be aware of what I eat - so instead of just mindlessly sticking food in my mouth I'm trying to say HEY, do I really want this or am I just compensating for something? Guess what, it works!
I'm still thinking about the alternate fasting, I am pretty convinced that is the method to help me shift these last 30ish pounds but I seem unable to commit to anything at the moment :)
Well, I'm off to catch up with you all - you miss a few days on here and you've missed huge amounts of goings on so I'm sure it'll take a long while!!

CheeseGirl said:
I'm here, kids, just wasn't feeling very sociable the past few days.
Well, I've definitely gone off dukan. It wasn't really planned or anything, I just started eating normal things (carbs) and watching my portions. Not really calorie counting but trying to be reasonable with food. I'm up 1 pound, which I think is actually quite brilliant considering I've been having a gram or 2 of chocolate every day as well as eating bread and pasta and drinking the occasional wine. Mainly I've been trying to understand my need to eat when not hungry, and I'm trying to be aware of what I eat - so instead of just mindlessly sticking food in my mouth I'm trying to say HEY, do I really want this or am I just compensating for something? Guess what, it works!
I'm still thinking about the alternate fasting, I am pretty convinced that is the method to help me shift these last 30ish pounds but I seem unable to commit to anything at the moment :)
Well, I'm off to catch up with you all - you miss a few days on here and you've missed huge amounts of goings on so I'm sure it'll take a long while!!

Hello huni,
I was feeling exactly the same as you and I'm into my second week of Juddd
The plan itself is brill and it's just gettig used to the feast and famine after dukan
I lost in my first week but don't think I'm going to loose this week but the freedom its giving me is what I've needed
If u need any help or someone to talk to I'm just across the board
30lbs could be gone by Xmas! Xxx

Hey CG :)

I was in the same place for a while, I have an inability to commit to a plan when not firmly in "the zone" it's a wonder I've got this far after so many failed attempts and restarts. I realised the not in the zone commitment problem on my part was something I had to pay major heed to, as failing when not 100% on it was doing more harm than good to my sense of self.

What you're doing sounds great as a stepping stone measure, you wont put much if any weight on and diets will always be available when you decide what you're wanting to do and when you feel ready to commit to something :)

best of luck - keep posting even if you're not on Dukan :) xxx

Well I just had a fecking experience, my knees are still shaking! Was walking the dog (just so you know, she's a small breed rat terrier mix) and she's a rescue dog, she was apparently quite traumatised by earlier experiences with big dogs and she's deathly afraid. Anyway, we were just coming to our building and there was a huge black female dog weeing, my dog spotted her and stopped dead in her tracks and as soon as this other dog spotted mine she came running in attack mode and it was only like 2 seconds, before I could even think of what to do this dog had hold of my dog's throat and whoa, as I'm writing this I'm getting the same chills as then. Anyway this other dog had no collar or anything and I think it just clamped it's jaw shut on my dog's throat. It wouldn't let go, I was panicked, there was a man nearby and I thought the black thing was his and I screamed at him to help so he came running over and while he was pulling on the big dog I was beating it on the snout with my flexi leash and kicking it and this thing just wouldn't let go. Well somehow it let go and the poor man was lying on the grass wondering if he should call the police, and I was just out of my mind and I grabbed up my dog and ran for the front door. What a coward I am, I was just trying to save my dog's arse but I feel so bad about just letting that man stay there. But I really did have to get my dog away from the other dog. In any case, after a few minutes at home I realised I was all bloody and I looked at my pup and she had 2 holes in her throat and was bleeding. So I ran with her to the vet, they shaved the areas around the wounds and stapled them, shot her up with antibiotics and told me to come back tomorrow. Said it could have been oh so much worse. Makes me wish I had a garden for my dog! I don't know how I'll take her on walks now!!!

CG, how scary and upsetting for you and your pup. As for the other man.....he should have had his animal on a leash and being in control. Have a cuppa tea and calm down, hope you stick with Dukan as the grass always looks greener and you know it works for you xxx justkeep us informed xxx

CG

That's terrible. I hope your pup is not in too much pain or too traumatised :(

You need to report this to someone; that dog is dangerous and who knows what might happen next.

P x

Paulinegin said:
CG

That's terrible. I hope your pup is not in too much pain or too traumatised :(

You need to report this to someone; that dog is dangerous and who knows what might happen next.

P x

Sorry, Renata, of course I hope you're not too traumatised either

P x

CG, is that you're real name Renata?

Actually a friend made me report it, I called the local police and found out they have in fact caught the dog in question. Whether or not they keep it is another story. They've asked me to come in tomorrow with the vet's report so they can start an investigation. Who knows, maybe I can be part of a great police story - RIGHT :)

I think its a very exotic sounding name, I've only ever heard it before as part of that duet in the seventys, Rena? and Renata.

sididd said:
I think its a very exotic sounding name, I've only ever heard it before as part of that duet in the seventys, Rena? and Renata.

"Save your love, my darling, save your love"! :D

P x

Oh, Renata, sorry to hear you pup got hurt but you saved her!
That is more important.

As for the diet thing, I think ALL diets work ( they help you loose weight ) but a good diet will have a plan for you to maintain the weight loss.
Feast-famine cycle is the worst thing for someone like me. I could say it is traumatic.
I will not try this.

Who, what?? The only Renata I ever heard of belonged to some Italian singer, no idea who he was, but apparently the year I was born (1963) he sang some famous song about Renata?? Supposedly it was so popular people quit naming their daughters Renata because it became quite fad-ish. But who knows! My father was named Vladimir!!

Back