My life is as good as an ABBA song!

Hope the trip goes okay now you have your shoes on.... Being Dukan good can be tough when your away but I try and stick to protein and veg even if the meat is not the leanest or the veg have a bit of something on them...... Avoid the potatoes, bread, cake and sweets and you will be flying xxxx

I'm back and I won't lie and say I was angelic. Did alright day one, had some grilled chicken and veg (ok, ok, and some chips too) and a glass of wine. Anyway, in the morning I had some wonderful bread, never had anything like it before. You could just smell the yeast as you cracked the bread. And dinner was in a local classic Serbian restaurant where everything was to die for. I can't remember the last time I had a meal that fantastic in a restaurant!
Other than that, and I hope I won't offend any Serbian members here, but I was really saddened by what we saw. The country really bears the scars of Communism and war. And apparently there are no animal shelters anywhere in the country so stray dogs are simply EVERYWHERE. It broke my heart when in one city as we were trying to find a particular address, there, up against the corner of a building, was a literal PILE of puppies. There must have been 8 or 9 of them, tiny black things that couldn't have been more than 2 months old. They were all piled on top of each other, shivering and trying to keep warm. I of course wanted to take them all with us and at least take them to a shelter here at home but I was told they'd never be let into the EU without veterinary papers. Can't shake the image of them just pitifully lying there waiting to die in the freezing night.
As you can see, I generally have more sympathy for animals than I do for people :)
Anyway, back on it today, just baked some muffins and am defrosting mince for cheeseburger pie. I'm hoping this week ends up a scratch - no loss but hopefully no gain.
As someone once said, onward and downward :)

Oh Hun, seeing those pups would have broken my heart :(

what an awful thing to have seen and not had the power to do anything about xxx you have a good heart and you cant help every stray you find ... Have a good Dukan Sunday xxx

I'm a start helper/hoarder.... That's how I ended up with hubby lol

Not been feeling very chatty these days, and I've been so busy, at the whims of a client who's got me running about like the proverbial headless chicken :) Think I'm finally able to breathe today so need to do some major menu planning and pre-cooking just in case, as I suspect there will be more of the client's urgency in the next few days. All this means that the kitchen is in shambles, need to wash up before I start the cook-a-thon. I get so frustrated sometimes with the lack of freezer space, the European fridge/freezer combos are much smaller than what I grew up with in the US where it was easy to cook up a week's worth of food and cram it all in the freezer. My freezer has about enough space that if I get in a kg of prawns and the bf's 1kg loaf of bread there's not much space left for anything other than my ice pack for the occasional aches and pains! :)
Well, off to it. Happy Wacky Wednesday everyone, catch up with you all laters :p

Awwwwwwww CG keep posting & chin up Hun x

SO, meat for lettuce wraps done, my sweet doggie has been walked, a bit of housecleaning is up next but nothing major as I was able to do the kitchen yesterday! Was not quite the fright I had expected.
Am awaiting delivery of a new corner sofa/sleeper, but I assume that won't be until month's end or later as it was made to my specs.
And not to advertise anything on here, but I did buy a vacuum from an online place and I cannot tell you how fantastic it is! I mostly hate the junk you buy on 'TV' but this thing has not disappointed me, never has so much dirt and dog hair been sucked up from my floors and rugs! It actually scares me that I have to empty the dust container after every vacuuming, who knew I was living with so much uck! And that's just a regular weekly clean!
OK, end of Susie homemaker hour :)
Happy tippytoing Thursday :D

So just reading about the findus horsemeat ordeal, eeewwww :)
Of course, it is considered a delicacy in some places. I know for a fact that as a young lad my dad revered horse goulash and it was standard fare at most pubs in Communist Czechoslovakia :) Frankly, though, I'd rather ride them than eat them!:p

Back