My life is as good as an ABBA song!

I think I could probably do about 10 skips before I collapsed in a heap - I think you might be biting off a bit too much there, Cheese! Pilates is wonderful; I've never watched any of the DVD's but I know someone who does the Darcy Bussel one (although you probably don't need to expand your collection any more!) I agree with Pauline, it's wonderful to hear you sounding so positive, you go girl! xx

I can do a bit of skipping if I hurdle it, one leg thru at a time, can't do both leg jumps LOL, but I can imagine it being quite good exercise and cardio.

TBH gals, I haven't skipped rope since my early teens at least! However, as the rope itself only costs a couple euros (and requires no storage space) I've ordered one and will give it a go. Have a feeling tho that I'll probably only be able do it for a minute or less, not to mention the fact I'll probs whack some bit of furniture or painting off the wall :)

Proper post later, on the ipad and don't have full site capabilities so am annoyed:)

Mostly came to log week 2 day 2 of c25k, well yesterday. Was just checking on how the weeks progress and the running intervals make quite a jump very soon! Already nervous!

Have a lovely Sunday all!

Hmm, I finally mustered up the courage to try some of those 'slim noodles' I bought several months ago. I used the 'slim rice' version. Firstly, when I opened the pouch it didn't smell nearly as bad as I'd been afraid it would after reading reviews of 'serious fishy smell'. It does have a peculiar odour but as a bonus it didn't make me gag :) I dumped the contents into a sieve and rinsed very well and let drain for a few minutes then dry fried a while in a non-stick pan to remove all the moisture, so that only my sauce would flavour it. It for sure bulked up my meal but I don't know if the 'rice' is something I'll be buying again as I found it to be much too fine. They need to make the 'kernels' more of an orzo size maybe, as it was it got completely lost in my sauce. Still have 4 various pouches left to try, and now that I know it's not too stinky I can see myself trying out the penne (although these got the worst reviews) with meatballs and tomato sauce.

Well, long-winded product review over :) Weather's been weird lately, right now it's really dark outside and raining, I'm surprised there isn't thunder and lightning because the sky sure looks like there should be! Tomorrow is last day of week 2 of c25k. Yikes!

That rice sounds erm strange LOL, but useful LOL. Glad it was better than you expected.

xx

Soo, learned a little something about myself yesterday - had to run some errands first thing yesterday morning (about 6.45) so I thought I'd put off c25k until later in the day. Well that didn't work out! If I don't jump on it first thing I can't seem to get to it at all :( Aaanyway, ended up completing week 2 this morning :clap:, bring on week 3!

Must also confess I've been eating too many muffins of late! I can't seem to keep my paws out of the bag! Been making them with courgette and cinnamon, absolutely gorgeous but much too tempting so I may have to revert to a less enticing flavour. Can't really put a name to my eating plan at the moment, not eating any carby foods like bread, potatoes or pasta, nor am I eating any fruit, but I am having veg every day and on occasion exceed the 1kg dukan dairy limit. So there you have it.

Made aubergine lasagne today, it was truly lush! I went on to eat about half the pan, should really check those food quantities. On a beef kick at the moment, so tomorrow is a version of luc lac beef (at least I think that's what it's called) but using a tough cut of meat so I'm making it in the pressure cooker (awesome thing, the pressure cooker) :)

Rope arrived, don't know whether to start skipping or hang myself (kidding). It really stinks from the factory apparently and I need to adjust the length as I'm somewhat height-challenged. Think I'm just stalling cuz I don't want to find out I can't actually skip rope any more!

Can't really be arsed with rope skipping tonight (belly too full of lasagne, lazy, yadda yadda :D)
6 June 2013 (tomorrow, that is) day 1 week 3 c25k! Actually been relatively easy up till now but I sense that'll be changing real soon. Eeek!
Night night, all (although it seems most of the rats have fled the ship these days!)

Rope skipping hmmmm think I would leave it too.......but as you said, you need to get on it and that's what you might have to do, set a time first thing and just do it LOL.

Muffins sounds nice, do you make them in the oven, I make some in microwave and only do a few days worth at a time. I freeze them and only defrost the amount I need for the next day. Do it as you go to bed and they still rock hard then as you go to bed so no picking lOL.

Ratty here checking in for duty!! lol

I used to love skipping as a kid just was never any good at it, any sport for that matter!!

Thanks for asking, Sara :) Did day 1, defo harder but IN actually managed to run for 3 minute intervals! Having weekend off though, need to buy bandage for knee and will do day 2 Monday :)

Just now roasting some veg to puree later, haven't decided on the meat yet but I suppose grilled chick breast and also some lovely asparagus, love asparagus!

I love the asparagus too, never used to, but raw on a salad or at the centre of an omelette wrap, yumm.

Big Blond rat back hear too xxxx and Im an asparagus lover too. great c25k challenge there renata xxx have a great day xxx

Hey girlfriends, just checking in to say I've had to put c25k on hold for about a week, here I've been all worried about the stupid knee and I end up getting plantar fasciitis. I actually felt it coming on but continued to do the programme, but now my doc has said to give it a rest for at least a week. Luckily it's not as bad as my prior bout, which was in the other foot and completely excruciating and for which I went through 2 rounds of PT and other somewhat dubious therapies involving electromagnetic thingies and whatnot. So now before I can get out of bed I do some serious calf stretches and during idle moments I roll my foot over a half-litre bottle of ice. In any case, I do plan to be back to it by let's say next Tuesday as it's not going to serve as a good excuse for very long :)

My lovely pup got a tick yesterday, I do try to keep her out of the tall grass and brush but I suppose it's unavoidable. Vet popped it out in a jiffy though, they've got quite an ugly jar just chock full of ticks, 'tis the season I guess. :)

Well, I've got a burger on the menu for tonight so off to buy my 'bun' (read: iceberg lettuce :)) Also, I'm off bns for now, think I've had my fill and it no longer tastes good to me! Hope I get over that soon, as I actually do really like it!

Back