My life is as good as an ABBA song!

LOL Pol, some do, but depends how close to friends they live.

Cheese, sounds like you have your head screwed on right and got a plan, go you. xx

So day 1 week 3 done and dusted. I'm scared for week 3 to end because I think week 4 has you running 5 minutes straight! Gack! Set up a little desk fan to blow at my head though, I don't know what it is but my head and face sweat profusely with even just minor heat, rest of body seems to sweat at a *normal* rate but it just pours from my head and face, I hate it!

Been using my dukan cookbook (recipes copied mostly from here) for my meals and having dukan muffins daily (just love them), but I have been sneaking in a bit of fruit every few days. As my weight is defo affected more by carbs than other things, I'm remaining low carb (well, and low fat as well) and I feel great, no bloated tummy, good energy. Will be trying a paleo flaxmeal bread recipe I accidently found on the internet whilst searching for something else, as the odd piece of toast now and again would be nice. It's fairly high in cals and fat (in terms of dukan, anyway) but no carbs and that's what causes my bloat so I'll see how that turns out :)

Can't believe it's hump day again!

Have I lost the plot..............what is hump day??????

ie Wednesday, Sid.

Cheese, you sound in such a good place at the moment with regards to both food and exercise! I'm so happy for you. Once a week I fast-walk for 30 minutes on a treadmill and today I made myself jog the middle 10 minutes - barely increased the speed but had both feet off the ground at the same time. More tiring but it felt good. The key is not to go too fast, just because you're running. You're doing great and week 4 will be fine - how great will it feel to know that you can run again, like nature intended! Lots of love xx

ie Wednesday, Sid.

Cheese, you sound in such a good place at the moment with regards to both food and exercise! I'm so happy for you. Once a week I fast-walk for 30 minutes on a treadmill and today I made myself jog the middle 10 minutes - barely increased the speed but had both feet off the ground at the same time. More tiring but it felt good. The key is not to go too fast, just because you're running. You're doing great and week 4 will be fine - how great will it feel to know that you can run again, like nature intended! Lots of love xx

Argh, Hump day....so nothing to do with rumpy pumpy humpy day ;).......................oh yes lowering the tone xxx well done with your exercising bad feet and all xxx

day 2 week 3 done! Sara, I do tend to change speed for the running bits but it's nothing drastic. They say if you can run slower, you should. I set my walking speed at 4.5 kph and my running speed at 5.2 kph, the speeds are comfortable for my short legs and I'm not so out of breath that I can't sing along with the good songs at the top of my lungs :)

For food today I have a mushroom omelet for brekkie, grilled chicken breast and salad for lunch and baked halibut with asparagus for dinner. Yum! Plus of course my daily bread - dukan muffins :) and the odd yoghurt or jelly snack :)

Holiday today but I've got work for the whole weekend, plus some housework (eewww), weather's quite nice this a.m. and should be a hot but not unbearable day so it's all good :)

Happy Friday all!

Hiya renata hope Fridays going wellxxx as for house work....shut the door xxx

Yeah, I usually just close the door but it accumulates and then you just gotta do it!

Have eaten the baked halibut, saving the asparagus for tomorrow tho - I decided to put some bling on the fish and made 'halibut caprese' with lf mozzarella, basil, tomatoes and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Then I had some choc/coffee muffins with choc fromage frais icing and I'm now stuffed to the gills! I'd try skipping rope for a while but I'm afraid I'd hock up my entire dinner :D

Hey Renata lol when does you DVD 'work out with Renata' come out ;) xxx well done xxx

Well I'm sat here trying to concentrate on translating page after page of contracts and I'm wondering to myself, what's my motivation? Overslept this morning so had to rush out with the dog, drive bf to work, come back home to wash up the mess he left in the kitchen last night and then deal with a carpenter who's going to build me a new pc workstation for my somewhat limited space. First day in almost 3 weeks I haven't been on the treadmill. I probs won't get to it today at all :( Aaanyway, I've learnt that about myself, if I don't do the workout first thing before I start doing other crap then I won't do it at all. In any case I haven't actually missed a c25k session, today is an off day, so at least there's that :)

Finished week 3! My mind was wandering (as it does) and I felt I was struggling with the running bits and 90 seconds seemed to go on forever and suddenly I realised I was at the end of the session and the 90 second intervals that seemed interminable were actually the 3 minute intervals. So there you go. :)

Then I made muffins and am now once again sat in front of the computer slaving away on what should be a lazy Sunday :character00148:

I'm just like you re exercise. It's first thing, or never! x

Back