My life is as good as an ABBA song!

Finished week 3! My mind was wandering (as it does) and I felt I was struggling with the running bits and 90 seconds seemed to go on forever and suddenly I realised I was at the end of the session and the 90 second intervals that seemed interminable were actually the 3 minute intervals. So there you go. :)

Well done, Cheesey! It's all about the music for me .... if I can get lost in a song (as opposed to just getting lost! ;)) the 'running' bit goes much quicker.

P x

Felling sulky today. So annoyed with self, I actually gained almost half a pound last week! I know I'd promised myself to stay off the scales but for maybe once a month but I couldn't resist and now look what I've done. Looking back over my food I don't think it was too awful, I managed portion sizes for the most part and stuck to low carb/low fat/high protein (haven't had bread, pasta or potatoes in weeks). But I've a sneaking suspicion I know what the problem is - MUFFINS! :eek:
I seem to have convinced myself that since they contain no flour or sugar I can eat the lot and I've been baking a whole tray (12) about every 36 hours! No matter how you slice it, that's a whole lot of calories. I'm such a dipwad! I'd be much better off allowing myself a small serving of fruit every day.

Anyway, I kind of let it get to me and yesterday I ate all the muffins and I had some chocolate, too, and this morning I couldn't be arsed to get on the treadmill. I've since calmed down and realised I wasn't doing myself any favours so I'm back to normalish (you know, freak show normalish :D). Will keep my paws out of the muffin bag and tomorrow is the start of week 4 (my "running" days are Wed, Fri and Sun). Will be trying to undo the muffin and choc damage and will carry on as before. :)

Weather's gawgus, going out with the dog before it gets ugly hot later in the day. Happy Tuesday everyone!

Know where your coming from Renata, muffins are moreish and we do forget we do have oat allowances, back to 3 daily xxx as your gain is minute xxx

Cheeeeeeerrrrring very loudly hear in my corner xxx

30 minute brisk walk this morning, and pretty good on the food front. Breakfast was muffins and yoghurt, lunch and dinner chicken burgers sans bun, leftover pan-fried bns, homemade barbeque sauce. In an effort to satisfy the afternoon cookie monster I made a large filter coffee with sf caramel syrup and .05% evaporated milk, intending to pop it in the fridge and have it as a cold treat. Drank half whilst still warm and other half not quite chilled :) Have succeeded in staying away from the muffins, just had my allotment of 3 this morning so for dessert made mug cake - but since I'm not dukaning I omitted the corn flour and baking powder and added 2 tbsp flaxmeal, baking soda and vinegar, nuked for 100 seconds as per recipe. YUM! A bit higher in fat, but omega-3 so it's all good, and extremely low carb. Gotta love it, and it was delish!

Ooooo yes please send one my way xxx

not sure about that vinegar in a mug cake... how did it taste? Did you put another flavouring in?
I too make trays of 12 muffins at a time, but always freeze two days worth once cooled in 3s to avoid temptation! (Even when pigging out, it's never occurred to me to have more than my 3... how strange is that?!)
How ugly hot is it getting round your way?

Jo, I promise you don't taste the vinegar - it's just a splash and it works with the baking soda to make the cake rise beautifully and it turns out like a nice sponge cake :)
The major heat wave lasted a week, 37 and higher every day, but that was about a month ago, but recently it's been getting to about 30-32 every day and sunny so the late afternoon can be fairly miserable. Last day or 2 it's been really nice though, in the mid 20s, I'm loving it!

Day 2 week 4 done! Scales might not like me but my linen capris felt looser today :)

TGIF!

Week 4 done and dusted :) Now need to download a few more weeks onto the mp3, but I'm scared to see how long the running bits are going to be :faint2:
Well, last Monday the scales didn't like me so I thought I'd check again today - down 4.7lbs from a week ago! Woohoo! No more scales for at least 2 weeks now.
Yesterday I ate 7 apricots and 1 plum :eek: Could have done without the plum but the apricots were absolutely lush, couldn't keep my paws out of the bowl.

Renata what a loss and deserve exercising in the heat xxx well done.

Right, survived day 1 week 5. This week the programme is different for each of the 3 days, today the running was 3 intervals of 5 minutes each with recovery walks in between, Friday goes to 8 minutes and unless I keel over before then, Sunday's programme is one solid 20-minute run!!! Gak! They can't be serious:8855:

Had a few baking disasters the last few days, kept trying to bake with the protein powder until I finally realised you CAN'T really bake with it. A modified mug cake ended up spewing batter like a volcano and I had to scrape it off all parts of the microwave and a 'sponge cake' came out of the oven like polystyrene. So apparently the protein powder is only for chilled recipes :)

I'm so happy I decided to get moving! I can't believe all the years I spent as a total couch potato, wondering why recently my joints have started to ache and why I was walking like an 80 year old woman. I feel sooo much better now, at first I did suffer some achiness and even plantar fasciitis but that is nearly gone now and I can stand up after a long while sitting and not walk all hunched and limpy! Who knew? Well, I guess everyone did but I just didn't know it was actually true. Too bad I waited until I was old to discover the benefits of regular exercise :) Day 2 week 5 tomorrow and I'm actually not panicking!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww what a positive post xxx medal on its way to you xxx

I'm so happy for you Renata! What with the weight loss but more particularly the exercise bug and the benefits you're experiencing. You're right, exercise is transformative - and it's never too late! I'm 55 and only started pilates last September, with a couple of months off at the beginning of the year, but I'm now the strongest, bendiest person in the room and walk several inches taller (metaphorically speaking!) for it. Keep it up, lovely, and if you have to repeat a level for a week or 2 so be it, you'll get there in the end xxx

Aww, thanks ladies! It truly is transforming, and it really is not about the weight loss - it's all about being healthy. I'd like to think I'm doing myself a favour for the future, maybe warding off arthritis and other aches and pains, trying to remain fit as long as possible :)

Survived day 2 week 5, although I must confess I was watching the timer crawl by as it counted down 8 minutes on each running interval:rolleyes: But, I will be giving it a go Sunday with the solid 20 minutes of running. If I can't do it I'll repeat week 5 until I can, but I've a feeling if I push myself I'll be able to do it so fingers crossed! Wish it weren't so stupid hot though, when I walked the dog this morning at 6.00 it was already 21 degrees and just got worse from there. Dared to go to the remodelled Ikea today, if it's at all possible it's now even more confusing than before and whoever designed the new parking garage must have had his head up his #*%. :) Wore the wrong shoes for getting lost in Ikea and man are my tootsies sore tonight!

Have a great weekend, everyone! :)

Back