My life is as good as an ABBA song!

Same to you Renata have a good one xxx

Oh Renata, your doing really well with the old fitness campaign, keep it up and i hope soon that i can be as good as you are xxxxx

Well, believe it or not but I did it! I 'ran' a whole 20 minutes straight! Still using the term 'run' lightly, it's more of a slowish jog, but even that is something I couldn't have imagined just 5 short weeks ago. When I was down to the last 3 or 4 minutes I suddenly felt like hey, I can do this! It was so empowering. 'Course nothing is free, the sciatic nerve is acting up today so will do some nerve flossing later (isn't that gross sounding?).

Enjoy your Sunday :)

That's amazing, Renata! I'm really proud for you. With aerobic activity, if you can get over the first 10 minutes or so it does become easier, as your body switches from anaerobic to aerobic mode. Your muscles and joints will soon adapt provided you take it steadily. There really is no stopping you now! And you're going to feel fabulous for the rest of the day - that's the endorphins xxx

So, I know I said no scales for 2 weeks but couldn't resist weighing in Monday after finishing week 5 and what do you know, down another 4.8lbs! However, after adding in some exercise on a down day, after a brisk 30-minute walk - did some tae bo - I apparently aggravated the sciatic nerve and the meniscus so I've decided it best to take a few days off. In any case, I'll continue with week 6 starting next Wednesday.

Another heat wave has hit, it is just hideous outside! The only good thing is the humidity is remaining relatively low so the heat factor isn't as awful. Expected to last through early next week, just the bane of my existence. Give me snow any day over 35 degree temps!

Snow.........Snow are you having a laugh xxx and get you with your fab loss mwhaaaaaa well deserved xxx

OK, is it just me liking Miranda Hart? I was so saddened they only had 6 new episodes! She really makes me bust a gut, as it were. I absolutely love her declaration "youths", how many times I've wanted to say that!!

That said, my dentist is on holiday until the 26th August and I'm expecting to have the tooth extracted then, with the bridge to follow. In the meantime I have a toothache I can't floss away and it's so annoying!

Right then, back to getting crap out of the freezer (I did mention I want a new fridge/freezer, right?) - I think I'll even eat some pork loin cooked in a slim way. My dad made the best stuffed pork chops, with hand-picked ceps and lots of garlic, wish I could find his recipe somewhere, it had everyone drooling and would rival the best restaurants :)

I would love one of those massive freezers with cold water and ice dispenser, shame they are about as big as my kitchen xxx

Yeah, I'd love one of those, too, but the architect told me I don't live in America anymore and I should get used to European-sized fridges :) In my previous life I had one of the side-by-side models with ice and water dispenser, took it for granted that everybody had one. But, have you seen those new Samsung ones, they're a bit deeper in size but have more room inside, not quite as huge as the American ones but still with lots more room inside. That's my aim, and bf seems to support me on it and is willing to pay for half, so I figure I'd better get cracking on buying one while he's still in the generous mood :)

oooooo Im well Jell xxx

In my mind, a girl can never be too rich, too thin or have too much fridge/freezer space!! Eek, I'm so old ...

P x

Just a bairn xxx

I've been avoiding bread/potatoes/rice as part of my new eating programme but today I almost succumbed to a packet of flour tortillas, which I know I'll eat at some point but I just couldn't really justify it today. It was an impulse, yet I don't really feel I miss the carbs and some sauteed chicken tastes almost as nice wrapped in some crispy iceberg lettuce. New rule: avoid white flour, no wonder they call it white death :) Not that it doesn't taste nice, mind!

Read no further if you're faint of heart - I'm making wienerschnitzel for the bf, you know the classic stuff, pork loin pounded thin and then dipped in flour, egg and breadcrumbs! Smells divine! Is this just in my part of this globe? With mashed potatoes and cucumber salad, very classic dish here for Sundays (I'm a bit early:))

Oh I do fancy your traditional Sunday lunch sounds very tasty xxx

Back