My Lighter Life Express : An open Book

Hey u
Chin up just keep thinking how well ur doing and how brilliant u will feel as u get closer to ur ideal weight.

I'm good, it was my first wi today, only 4 days in, but i lost 4lbs, I'm so pleased as the llc said it is on course, so roll on next weeks wi, I feel like I am wishing the days away waiting for next wi!!!
I haven't set up a diary as yet but will do, I think it will keep me in check.

I think ketosis has kicked in as not that hungry this evening, it comes and goes I think, earlier at lunchtime I was so ravenous to the extent I thought I would cry as so hungry but it sort of passed! It's going to get easier for us both so stick with it
X

Well done on the weight loss hon!!! 5.6lbs is a great loss, and you're now 5.6lbs lighter than before - so it's all a great achievement!!!
I definitely think a diary is a great idea - if only for your own accountability and a reference point for during a "wobble"!!

Keep at it - you'll be tiny in no time!! :) xxxxx

Fantastic weight loss hunni, you should be very proud of your self.

Stick with it, it is so worth it, once you are well into ketosis you will not feel like eating.

I had a few days off plan so just back into ketosis today, so right with you on those feelings but trust me they do pass, after 5 weeks on plan I am 1 stone 9 lighter! yes in just 5 weeks so please stick with it, post often as it helps to off load onto others who have felt or are feeling the same as you xxx

Hello all..........I love u all.. Thank you so much for all the kind words !

Today is DAY 10. Had a busy day. Out at 7:15 am after getting kids ready etc. Had a hot Vanilla Late in the car. Busy busy morning ...managed a toffee bar with black coffee for lunch. Must say ..I dont like the 2 bars I have had so far. Hope the peanut one will be better.
Again a tight eve .....packed with sons activities...have to drive him and didnt get home till past 10 tonight. Had a warm veg soup for dinner. But it is now that I am feeling hungry. Tummy feels like it is on fire !! I thought ketosis will have solved that problem. Am drinking plenty.

Am going to have a rollercoaster month . I have an interview comming up. I am S**T at interviews. Too nervous. Have to start preparing now though. Wish me luck : )

loopylorns...thanx 4 stopping by. I hope u have settled back into ur routine. Your WL is amazing. Gives me something to work toward !

Hey Pymaster......Howz u doing today. Welldone on ur WL ! Keep it going baby !! Am so happy for you.

Well done on the weight loss hon!!! 5.6lbs is a great loss, and you're now 5.6lbs lighter than before - so it's all a great achievement!!!
I definitely think a diary is a great idea - if only for your own accountability and a reference point for during a "wobble"!!

Keep at it - you'll be tiny in no time!! :) xxxxx

Hey Mrs B

Thanks...yes 5.6LB lighter and am def not going to let it come back.

TINY ???......:)

take care darling.

Hey hun
thank you - i am so pleased re the loss - I am on day 6 now and it sort of feels normal!! no thinking about food decisions and just having to decide what pack i will have at what time. i am really liking the porridge which really surprises me as its never been something i woudl ever have - i am already thinking when i am skinny i could have porridge for breakfast like the other skinny girls in the office! :)
night times are hard for me but i am finding i put myself to bed earlier and seem to be weatching a lot more tv to pass the time - i really need to get a life!!! :eek:

i am so proud of you that you are doing so well and know you will do fantastic on the scales - is your wi on sunday?
x

W2/D4.
Another day at work. Had my fav Porridge ( just lik u Pymster!) and rushed off. Was kind of an ordinary day at work . Had done 1.5 L water by lunch time. Has a peanut bar for lunch. Now this is the 3rd bar and i have tasted & so far this is the only one i like. I was quite hungry and I ate it up quite quickly and then was wondering what else can i eat. It dawned upon me that .....oh ho ! I cant eat anything else. SO I got myself another 1 L water. By 4 pm I was hungry again but I had to go out grocery shopping for the family. So I took my rumbling tummy to the supermarket !! GOSH that realy was torture. Dont know how i went past the hot food counter !!!
Anyway .....reached home in one piece. But I have to be honest....I have been very hungry today and could not keep thoughts of food away. Unfortunately it had to be on my shopping day !!
Manged it toda! Feels good not to have given in...so i am now going to have a goodnights sleep to be able to tackle what tomorrow may bring !
I hope u all have had a better day than me.

Hey Pymster !
My WI is on Monday eve. I started the packs one day earlier so I usually am 1 day ahead. Does not make anydiff after the first week tho.
have u tried porridge with cinnamon for a change ??

Hey hun I don't add anything to my porridge, on total I think the only things u can add ( not to porridge) is salt pepper and tabasco!!! It's on a thread someone posted earlier. I have had porridge three days in a row and looking forward to it in the morning , sad I know!!! I tried the peanut bar tonight, it wasn't bad I don't think I could have it for lunch it doesn't seem enough! I did nibble it and took an hour to eat it ;)
I just have this constant metallic taste in my mouth, it's not pleasant!
Well done for keeping to the plan, very proud

Well done for sticking to it hon!!! It can be absolute torture some days, and others pass without a moments concern!!

I've only just got bars for my second week, and can't wait to try nut fudge in a minute!! I'll be honest tho, the peanut one was the only one I liked before!!!

Love and hugs! Xxxxx

Ps cinnamon seems to be a no no, altho several ppl have used it in group and been fine!! I'd suggest using very sparingly, in case it knocks u outta ketosis !!! Xxx

Thanks 4 the advice on the cinnamon ! GOSH ...... i am so clever aren't I ...sharing suggesting without the basic info. Whoever would have a thought that a sprinkling of cinnamon would kick me out of ketosis ??

BUT i am not going to test it ......... Cinnamon out of mu cupboard for now:wave_cry: !! BTW the cupboard looking very empty.:D
Lots of :waterbottle:

Week 2/day 7

The last 2 days have been very difficult. Find that i am constantly thinking of food and am craving it too. Especially difficult as I am having to feed my son at the table. He is a sporty child and his day is filled with activities. He needs to eat well and so I do make yummy grub for him. Come time to eat..he is very slow and i end up feeding him. He is skinny .....you can study bones on him !!
This is what i find difficult. I have my soup in front of me and this helps me when i have an urge to taste a little from his plate.
Today i had a lovely lunch set out for OH & my son. I was thinking of ditching it and diving into the plate. I don't know what is wrong with me.....can't understand why i am feeling this way. The first week was great and the begining of the 2nd was too. But now I seem to be loosing it. I have restrained myself tough. Haven't cheated yet !! BUt it is becoming more difficult.
I find myself visiting these pages for help !! I am missing my carbs !
My WI tomorrow. Hope i will hear good news and it will help me to stay focused. I have an interview coming up and this is stressing me out too !! It will be quite a grill.
I hope all u girls are feeling better than I am. Hopefully I will get over this soon.

Hi ontheverge. Remember it's early days! You have learned certain ways of behaving around food over years and years. It's quite normal to find abstinence challenging at times! I found it helped to remind myself why I was on the programme - really have a think about it - and then I would remember all the good things I was giving myself (health, energy, fashion (!!)) and no longer feel as deprived. It helps a lot to remember this is your choice. You can have any foods you want. You are just choosing to use packs right now to get your weight where you want it to be. Makes it less stressful I find! Hope this helps xx

(and good luck for the interview!!)

Hi OTV, You are doing so well, I don't know how I'd cope if I had to prepare food for others. When I am around people having my trigger foods I try to focus on my goals, and I look down at my tum and thighs and think of the inches I need to lose, and tell myself it wouldn't be worth it to lapse. I have a water (or if its time, a pack) to keep my hands, mouth and stomach busy, and put that bit of space between me and that impulsive want. I also tell myself that I'm getting everything I need in my 4 packs a day, I don't need anything else. I'm still going to have to cope with those impulses when I'm at goal to stay at goal, so this is part of learning how to deal with it now.
You will have your own positive messages to tell yourself and to focus you on your goals. You are doing great and keep reminding yourself every day how well you are doing and where you want to be.

Hey otv - how you doing ? x

Yes - keep us updated!!! xxxx

Sorry girls .....It was very late when i got back yesterday and was at work all morning.
Finally have some peace and me time ...so i am here.
Went in for a weigh in last ngt and for the first time there was some form of a group. All except me have been around between 3-7months and all are near goal. But there was no sit down discussion etc which is what i knd of have been expecting to happen. I have been for 3 of these sessions now and have not seen my LLC. She has someone who weighs us and chat a liitle when she weighs us. This bit has been very disappointing. Not sure what i should do. Is this normal...am i expecting too much ??

Weigh in went well.....3.3LB down which is good. Still getting hunger pangs ...m ketostix shows ketosis so i guess this must be emotional hunger !
There are a lot of things happening at the moment. Have a job interview coming up but have just found out that there is a very strong internal candidate. So all worked up about it. Anyway we will see.

Hey OTV!!
Glad to see you're ok, even if you do seem crazy busy!!!!!

YAY for the 3.3lbs off - that's great!!! You can update your ticker now!!!

I'm a little concerned that you say you haven't seen your LLC. Where has she been in all this time. I know group discussions are very well and good, but you're paying for the counselling sessions, as opposed to doing, say, the cambridge diet. It's the CBT sessions, and transactional analysis etc that plays a huge role in your mental wellbeing, and in analysing your relationship with food. If it doesn't get better, it may be worthwhile finding another LLC that can turn up for her clients, and give the sessions she's meant to!!!

GOOD LUCK with the job interview!! I'm sure you'll be fab, and will knock 'em dead!!!

I still get hunger pangs ever now and then, i think we just need to give it time!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I agree with MrsB. It doesn't sound right to me that your LLC hasn't been around. The groups are a huge part of the programme and the thing that sets LL apart from other vlcds. I hope you can find someone more engaged - the mental part of the journey is so important.

otv - good luck for the interview x

Back