MY LIGHTERLIFE DIARY GOTTA GET INTO MY WEDDING DRESS!

Hi

Fantastic weight loss, you will look fantastic in your wedding dress.

I married on July 28th, a great day for a wedding.....we'll be celebrating anniversary number 17 when you get married.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks guys!
Unfortunatley there has been a problem.
I was away at a hospital in Scotland for a clinical placement (Im studying to be a Doctor) last week (got back last night!)
And was doing ok until Friday when I felt really nauseous then fell unconscious at the hospital.
So I spent Friday hooked up to a drip feed.
They discharged me Saturday am and told me a had to eat normally for 48 hours and report back to my GP today.
If I was feeling ok I could go back on LL.
So I feel ok today and have tried to not eat much over the past couple of days of eating normally as they put it.
But now I know its going to be so hard to get back into!
Im worried I might get ill again (TBH I think that my passing out was more to do with the sky high temperatures in the hospital than LL!)
Im really annoyed GRRRR.
I want to cry.
Does anyone know what effect 3 days off the diet will have on me? will I have put on all the weight I lost?
I had done 15 days before I went off it and had lost 1st after 10 days but hadnt been weighed since then due to being away so might have lost more....
Im finding it really difficult to cope with as no group or counselling until after xmas.
I need you guys please help me :(

Hi Pixie, sorry I only just found this thread, seems a bit late to post after you are obviously having such a hard time.

You will NOT have regained the weight, maybe if you'd been stuffing your face for a few days you might have gained a few pounds, but you haven't so you won't have done any damage at all. The only hard part is getting back into ketosis, and actually I find that once i'm in Ketosis I struggle, complete opposite to everyone else!

I am glad you are feeling better and the advice from the doctors was obviously needed, so if you are feeling well, get back in the saddle and you'll be where you want to be in no time at all.

Good luck - Joe x

Hi Pixie, sorry I only just found this thread, seems a bit late to post after you are obviously having such a hard time.

You will NOT have regained the weight, maybe if you'd been stuffing your face for a few days you might have gained a few pounds, but you haven't so you won't have done any damage at all. The only hard part is getting back into ketosis, and actually I find that once i'm in Ketosis I struggle, complete opposite to everyone else!

I am glad you are feeling better and the advice from the doctors was obviously needed, so if you are feeling well, get back in the saddle and you'll be where you want to be in no time at all.

Good luck - Joe x

Thanks Joe!
How come you struggle when u r in Ketosis?
Do you know?

Pix x

My struggle is purely psychological...I think my mind thinks "right, she's in ketosis, that means she's gonna stick to the diet and lose this weight I've worked so hard to keep hold of, so lets put her into overdrive and insist she eats so she can sabotage herself"...don't know why it is but it's true, it takes me 5 days to get into Ketosis and they are always the easy ones, from day 6 it's a struggle!

Having said that SS seems a million miles away at the moment, hoping New Year will bring with it a new attitude on my part.

I originally thought it was because I wanted to sabotage my getting into my wedding dress, but I did manage to gain 8 pounds within 2 days of the wedding (at a health spa no less!) so not sure what that is about :)

I think it is just my drama, we all have to have one, I am just hoping that in 2007 it might be that I spend too much money on my credit cards buying size 12 designer jeans :)

How are you today? Feeling any better?

Joe x

Hi Joe sorry not been on in a while.
I completely fell off the wagon and my jeans are starting to feel tight so I reckon I have put on all that I struggled so hard to lose :confused:
Its so hard without a group to support me and cos I was sick etc.
I have been eating everything in sight.
I dunno what to do I feel so worthless.
Back to sq 1.

Hi Cheb,

I got back onto the wagon this morning and I feel awful today really shaky etc! Freezing cold and Im in a foul mood :mad:
But at least its a step in the right direction.
How are you getting on?

Hi Pixie, well done for taking the next step forward!

I have managed to gain exactly 14 pounds so far so don't be hard on yourself, I think there are a lot of us out there feeling and doing exactly the same and torturing ourselves is only going to make us eat to make us feel better to make us feel worse....

I am starting each day with a shake and then scoffing all day through to last thing at night, but the shake in the morning is the first step, I'll get to lunch time by 2nd January with luck and then a week later i hope to be SSing again.

I got Victoria Beckhams book for Christmas and as strange as it may seem it has inspired me to treat myself to a designer top when I reach my next goal...I'm taking small steps at a time and I'll reevaluate at Easter. One thing she said that wasn't in relation to weight but made me think was:

"short term pain, long term gain"...that is going to be my mantra once I start again in the New Year.

Hang on in there Pixie, 2007 is just around the corner where we all get a fresh page to start on - Joe x

I'm MrsBrown 05/11/07 or something to that effect anyway!

How are you getting on now? I started yesterday on CD and am not finding it too bad so far, beginning to get peckish and feel dizzy and cold but small price to pay to get into my wedding dress!

Hiya, I saw your post!
I start back Sat for my first group meeting (didn't have a group when I tried before xmas) and start the diet on Sunday so if I feel rough at least Im not in work! :D
How are you getting on today?

Hi Pizie & Littlehooch, how are you guys getting on since the restart?

I am starting LL again on Monday after a massive Christmas gain, but hey, deserved every pound.

Good luck and keep posting!

Joe

Hi Pizie & Littlehooch, how are you guys getting on since the restart?

I am starting LL again on Monday after a massive Christmas gain, but hey, deserved every pound.

Good luck and keep posting!

Joe

Hello Joe!

Things aren't going too bad. I nibbled a bit at the weekend - me and H2B went to see Kylie and he got a hot dog, I was so jealous that I had to have a little nibble!!

First weigh in tomorrow.....bit nervous, I haven't weighed myself at home since Friday as I was getting obsessed. Hopefully things will be ok but it's nearly that TOTM so am hoping that that won't have an adverse effect.

Only 2 and a half weeks till I try on my dress again and would like to see an improvement on last month!!

x

Hi guys!

Im feeling ok at the min day 2 but only managed to drink a litre of water so far so got some work to do!
dont know if I said but when I went for my weigh in I was still half a stone lighter than when I originally started, and I thought I would have put everything back on and more!
So feeling prety positive today.
Was really ill with a headache yesterday but feeling better today after a nice sleep :D
How are you?

Back