My Low Carb Journey

Dawnejoy said:
Thank you :):)

I'm still eating on plan as that's a life style choice I have made and tbh I feel better eating low-carb, but I'm not worrying about losing weight again until Tuesday as I have a busy food-filled weekend and I plan on eating what I want, but in between I'm low-carbing. Does that make sense?

Before I went to Scotland I was 13.12, but am sure I've gone back into the 14s, but not going to weigh myself and not going to worry about it...........just yet!!! I'm not going to weigh on Tuesday either as don't want to depress myself with how much weight I can gain in a weekend, but will wi on Sat 28th to see how I'm doing.

Does anyone know how its possible to put on 5lb overnight?????? One pound of weight gain is supposed to be 3500 extra calories........ so how can someone eat 17500 extra calories in one day?????? Or it a lot of it water after eating processed, high carb foods? I always think that weight gained quickly comes off quickly too.................what do you think?

Hi Dawn,

That has been my experience.

Happy Wednesday.

I agree - overnight weight is definitely water and much easier to manage. Like your style - focus on lifestyle should get you through with minimum damage
X

Evening Dawn --

Morning ladies, haven't posted loads in here recently as have been off track whilst in Scotland and since being back although eaten low-carb where I can. Spent the day with my sister and dad yesterday and lunch was in Sainsbury's...........not a lot of low-carb on offer, so had what I fancied and didn't worry about it, tho did suffer from bloating later in the day............gave me a reminder of why carbs just don't suit me!!!!

In some ways I'm looking forward to getting totally back on track on Tuesday..........am aiming to be around 13st by mid-Sept which is when one of my closest friends and I go to a Spa for a couple of days..............its our treat to ourselves for turning 50...........have been saving for 2 years to go :):)

Need to lose more weight for then as will be sitting around in costumes for much of the time................:)

Dawnejoy said:
Morning ladies, haven't posted loads in here recently as have been off track whilst in Scotland and since being back although eaten low-carb where I can. Spent the day with my sister and dad yesterday and lunch was in Sainsbury's...........not a lot of low-carb on offer, so had what I fancied and didn't worry about it, tho did suffer from bloating later in the day............gave me a reminder of why carbs just don't suit me!!!!

In some ways I'm looking forward to getting totally back on track on Tuesday..........am aiming to be around 13st by mid-Sept which is when one of my closest friends and I go to a Spa for a couple of days..............its our treat to ourselves for turning 50...........have been saving for 2 years to go :):)

Need to lose more weight for then as will be sitting around in costumes for much of the time................:)

What a fab treat! I'd love to do that! You'll do this.

What a fab treat! I'd love to do that! You'll do this.

We are going to Ragdale Hall Mel for 2 days and 2 nights of pampering. My birthday is July and her's is October and unfortunately for her, her husband won't make a fuss of her, so we are going away in between the two as a treat to ourselves. Mick will make a fuss of me and I'm sure it will be a good day, but I always feel for Sue as her husband almost lets her birthday slide past. :( 50, afterall is a milestone..........even if its one you don't want to admit to :giggle: Sue is about 5' 10" tall and slim, so you can imagine we look strange together, her tall and slim and me short and round :8855:

Dawnejoy said:
We are going to Ragdale Hall Mel for 2 days and 2 nights of pampering. My birthday is July and her's is October and unfortunately for her, her husband won't make a fuss of her, so we are going away in between the two as a treat to ourselves. Mick will make a fuss of me and I'm sure it will be a good day, but I always feel for Sue as her husband almost lets her birthday slide past. :( 50, afterall is a milestone..........even if its one you don't want to admit to :giggle: Sue is about 5' 10" tall and slim, so you can imagine we look strange together, her tall and slim and me short and round :8855:

My DH is like Sue's. He is not one to fuss over anything - he does not expect a fuss for himself either. His parents just weren't that way - six kids, his Mum was from a poor Glaswegian family and very religious. he has be er objected to the fuss I make for the kids and was fine with my "birthday" breaks. (I've been doing thus the past two years.). I was 50 last October.

CFF (TallLaura) on Minis -- she joined at my insistence but has not been on much... Went with the past two years. She is 5'11 and very overweight (but carries it prett well because of her size). I'm 5'4" (when I fluff my hair) and am at a bmi of about 26-27. I always say that I feel like she should be walking me on a leash.

Ooh I am now super jealous....positively green with envy
Ragdale Hall....how posh ;)

Must admit to looking forward to it Kally, have been saving for 2 years for it coz it is a tad expensive, but you only do it once don't you? Sue and I are very close and have a lot in common, just hope our friendship survives 2 days and nights together sharing a room :8855: We have got it all planned, champagne, strawberries and chocolate, chick flicks and music.............don't think we have left anything out!!!! :8855:

Afternoon peeps - Family BBQ all done now and back on-plan again. Not going to worry about what I ate over the weekend as that was then and this is now and I had fully intended to have what I wanted, which I did and thoroughly enjoyed it all :):) Straight back on plan today :) Think it may be a difficult couple of days though :)

Mmmmmm I've fallen off already as there are still too many goodies in the house :( still tomorrow is another day so will try again. I have a busy day tomorrow so hopefully that will be easier and then once I have one day index my belt then things should be easier moving forward.........that's the idea anyway :)

Dawnejoy said:
Mmmmmm I've fallen off already as there are still too many goodies in the house :( still tomorrow is another day so will try again. I have a busy day tomorrow so hopefully that will be easier and then once I have one day index my belt then things should be easier moving forward.........that's the idea anyway :)

Hey dawn, we seeing you on here tomorrow?

Hello Phoenyx :) I am going to try very hard to be 100% today and once I have got one day under my belt then the next day gets easier doesn't it..............mind you at the moment I am sure I could eat anything........I'll just have another glass of water instead :)

Hi Dawn,

You can do this... water helps. Do you track your calories in MFP?

No I don't Mel, I try to eat mainly fat meals and keep carbs to a minimum as I am following a low carb diet and everything I have read says that calories are not very important when on this type of diet and so far it has worked OK............when I'm on plan that is !!!!! :)

Dawnejoy said:
No I don't Mel, I try to eat mainly fat meals and keep carbs to a minimum as I am following a low carb diet and everything I have read says that calories are not very important when on this type of diet and so far it has worked OK............when I'm on plan that is !!!!! :)

I disagree... Calories out must exceed calories in ... It's economics. It is important to track your intake and expenditure. Then hat your intake is can affect your nutrition (health) and weight loss, because there is some truth to all calories not being equal as far as how our body metabolizes them... But you can't consume more than you burn no matter what they are. People get fat on too many good food calories and not enough activity, too.

Have to disagree with that Mel. The only thing you should count is carbs because the dietary requirement for carbs is zero. The calories in/out theory is based on one of the laws of thermodynamics and is incorrectly applied to the body. John Briffa writes about this in his books.

tranquility said:
Have to disagree with that Mel. The only thing you should count is carbs because the dietary requirement for carbs is zero. The calories in/out theory is based on one of the laws of thermodynamics and is incorrectly applied to the body. John Briffa writes about this in his books.

Okay... I can quote others that disagree (including my sisters: one a physiologist and another a nurse practitioner). The first was a world class athlete #4 in the United States in-line roller speed skater. Trained at the Olympic training center one year (had a shitbat the Pan-American games then injured her ankle.)

I guess we all need to figure out works for our own bodies.

I know I'm carb sensitive -- but low carb alone does not work for me to lose weight.

However, I have lost a lot of weight and am at a bmi of about 26 to 27 and it is those last 20 pounds that I struggle with... Forever losing and regaining. I want them off and to be maintaining.

Back