My metamorphosis log - final stage

Hey Butterfly - just found your thread. He sounds like a charmer! Amazing how much of an impact someone else and their negativity can have on you - you're not alone. On the plus side - he probably feels more cheerful for spending time with you...so see it as a charitable act on your part :)

With regards to eating to maintain and not to lose, the way I see it is that you are biding time. You're not putting anything on, so you can choose to cut back whenever you want! I think it's brilliant that you can stick to maintaining really because an awful lot of people don't see that amount as normality and that's why we all put on weight in the first place.

Low GI food are brilliant. I got a recipe from someone on my new Sotuh Beach thread for muffins in a minute. Quickest, easiest thing to make. Low fat, low cal, high protein and literally takes a minute. Maybe having things like to hand to will help. Am about to post a recipe for a version that tastes like carrot cake!

Hey hon.
Ohhh that nurse sounds like a nightmare.....
Perhaps at the times you are snacking on biscuits could you possibly take some fruit in to snack on........
Your doing fab hon............ Hope you have a good sleep x

Thanks for your ideas and support. Doing better yesterday, resisted any desires to eat junk and felt so much better for it. Finding the book helping, just trying to implement some of the ideas. It says in the book you shouldn't talk about it, but i don't think it counts on here! Making a point this morning of waiting half hour before breakfast and have planned my meal (shreded wheat, milk, strawbs and seed shake) and have planned snacks available for before i go into work at 12. Hoping this will help me having the 'need to eat' moments where i munch anything in the kitchen.

Had a great few days. After getting up after sleep Sun after night shift we went to large local park for afternoon, had a fantastic time. Yesterday whilee DD was in school, myself and OH went for a good walk up the Wrekin, a local hill. Its only a smallish one at 1300ft, but i so enjoyed it. Have never been up before. Amazingly i could go right up without having to stop to catch my breath. Its not particularly steep but it does have a constant incline. Just the huge change in my fitness level has astounded me and it feels fantastic. I could not have done that previously, not without having to stop, feeling in pain and uncomfortable, then it made me hate the idea of ever doing it again. It did push me physically, but to the point where i got all determined and enjoyed the challenge. I have never felt this way about exercise and it really has helped to give me a boost and make me realise how much has been achieved in terms of gaining fitness and positive health outcomes to the diet, not just shrinking size of body. It has given me a real sense of achievement, even more so than the size 10/12 clothes! Suffering today, legs and backside are stiff as hell!
Got to move and get b'fast on the go. Not really looking forward to work today, just not in the mood.....the sun is shining again, too nice to be stuck inside.
Hope everyone is having a good day xx

Hey hon
Your doing fab.. that walk sounds great and even better that your suffering today as you know it did something to you!!!
I am at work today too.. and its so cold in my office...
Hope you have a good day today hon x

Sounds like you had a good few days. That walk sounds like my idea of hell lol, but I know how much other people love walking and the challenge of it, so good for you (I'm just a lazy cow!)

The snacking is something that always got me, but I do find it easier with low GI food definitely. The cravings have gone. How lovely to be in 10-12. That's what I got down to, so my aim again. Hope to join you soon and have someone say that to me! :)

Good day again. Not done bad really. Just had a lovely tea, stir fry veg, spinach, couscous and chicken. Bit big though, i did have an i'm starving moment and cook masses. Had about 550 cals in that alone... eek! So adding in my b'fast and my lunch nuts etc. probably up to about 11150 cals. Should really stop. I am not 'hungry' but i do have a desire for something sweet, and not a healthy sweet treat either. Not allowing myself to consider anything until after 11. If i still want then, i may have rethink my options. Know that seems late, but we have always been night owls.
Legs still killing. Had promised self another walk tomorrow. I want to but i fear i may be unable to move at all for several days if i push too hard... had sciatic twinges in right leg too. I so need to get fit!
Off to chill. Catch up with diaries later or tomorrow. Hugs to all xx

glad you are doing well, the evenings are my weak spot too, I think they are for a lot of us. I leave it a while too before having anything extra, and try to drink extra water before giving in, although it is definitely difficult.
Keep going hun xx

Sounds like you're doing so well butterfly. I need to experiment with recipes. I bought a new wok so may try a stir fry next week, after reading your post. I love walking, it never feels like exercise so that's an added bonus. Have a great weekend x

Hello all,

I know its been an eternity since I was last here, I guess so much will have changed I’ll never catch up with everyone. I hope everyone is well and feeling happy with themselves. I have really missed everyone, its funny how much support you can feel from being on a site like this, I do regret not being able to keep it up. Life just took over and got kind of busy, and I’ve still got a fair bit going on because
I’m getting married……! :love047: (at last!)

Have been with OH for 13+ years, we had talked about it and I’d started looking around for ideas. Eventually found a place I like (a small local half fallen down Castle) and it turned out they had some dates free. I wanted Sept but they were full every Saturday so its happening on 28th August! We only booked it about 10 weeks ago, and I’ve only got 10 weeks to go. I’m a completely disorganised and slightly ‘too relaxed’ sort of bride. In that hardly anything is organised and I can’t seem to get round to doing stuff I need to. Sure it’ll all come together eventually….! I’m so glad I ever did Cambridge and lost the weight, I’d have never got married else, because they’re was no way I wanted to be a fat bride. It has eventually given me the impetus to get backside into gear and lose the rest of the pounds that I have been playing up and down with for the past 6 months.

Weight crept up to 11st 6lb recently, I had a spell of really awful binging on anything. Got all stupid and out of control. Had a major heart to heart with OH about it and since then I have been trying to keep on track, and doing ok for the most part. At present I am aiming to lose, restarted after hols when at 11st6lb. Which was on the 31st June. Have been doing my own cal counting/mainly low GI/some meal replacements sort of diet and have managed to shift 10lb in 2 weeks. At 10st 10lb now. Want to get to about 10st before my dress fitting if I can. Have to be a bit careful, else it will bee too big! (although I am sure they’d be able to take it in- wouldn’t they???!!!) Think that’ll be in about 5-6 weeks I think.

Other great news is that I have finally discovered exercise! After trying numerous things that I never sustained I have discovered Davina and Nell. I’ve got Davina’s “3 thirty minute sessions” and “the power of 3” and Nell McAndrew’s “Ultimate Challenge” and I really enjoy them. Do Davina’s 30 minute ones most days. Do the power of 3 or Nell once or twice a week (they are about an hour, and much harder) I always hated DVD’s but they are so easy to follow, intuitive in the steps they do, it doesn’t matter if you have 3 left feet and more importantly they give results. My OH actually commented that he can see definition in my body now. As opposed to just flab! This is a first and I am so proud. It makes me even more determined to carry it on.

Have also just started using Soap and Glory’s Firminator Cream, but early days yet to see if that works. I’ll update if it does.

At work and actually have spare time for a break, so going to catch up on diarys for a change. (sick to the back teeth of wedding organising, although I really should do some!)

Love to all, be back when get chance. xx

Hey Butterfly!!
So great to see you and hear how you've been getting on....and Congratulations!!! Fantastic news, seems like nearly everyone on here is pre-wedding now...Good luck with all the planning, it'll be worth, love the sound of the fally down castle...very romantic setting!

Your current plan seems to be working really well for you an you'll get there with that determination...yay for the exercise too! Hauled my butt to the gym this week and its definitely helping with the lack of energy, nothing on the scales so far though...hey ho!

I'm doing a similar plan to yours, with the exercise and cal counting, we'll see what happens...if only i could stop he weekends of craziness and i'm sure i'd get somewhere...sort two steps forward one back at the moment!

Come back soon hun!
Have a fab week!

x

Butterfly, welcome back. Congratulations on getting married - wonderful news.
Well done on your recent weight loss and exercising - you're doing great. :) You'll enjoy your big day all the more knowing that you look fab.

I could do with losing another 10lbs (a stone would be even better), but have moved up the CD steps in preparation for going on holiday at the end of the month, so probably won't lose much more before then. In the last few months l've been going out jogging/running, l love it, started gradually and been building it up, it's addictive. :)
Like the sound of the dvds you are doing - l maybe should try something like that, need to get more toned.

Last edited:
i too am in love with nells dvd's. i havent done them for a while as was ss'ing until this week and didnt have the energy, but nell's dvds are the only ones that make me feel ALIVE!!!

ps - congrats on all thats gone on and WOW for losing 10lbs in 2 weeks!

Hey, welcome back and congrats on the engagement!!! That's lovely news. What have you still got left to sort out? So much to do - can empathise completely.

You sound so positive about the exerise - so pleased that you're seeing results, as that keeps you motivated!

Take care xxx

Hey!
Welcome Back!

Congratulations on the engagement :) and wow 10 weeks to go, that's fab too.
We have a little longer than you - I think 14 weeks at the moment, but even that is very scary!

Hope you're having a lovely evening x

Thanks all. I'd forgotten how nice it was to come on here. I'm sure i'll end up disappearing for occasions amidst all the chaos but will definately make concerted effort not to go altogether. Everyone is so lovely!

Not a good day food wise, had morning snooze after night shift then up and running around. had planned to do turkey mince thing, but plans thwarted. DD has been poorly recently and got freaked about eating after being sick, so ended up having mini portion of her dinner instead to encourage her. Which was fine, until followed by snack bar, yoghurt, crisps and choc.....ooops! I should learn, my mini binges alwys happen when i don't plan meals properly or eat through the day.

Trying to get head round doing Nell to compensate, not in mood, but have to. I feel bad if i don't, and i know i'll be happier with self if i put the effort in. I'm not quite sure she makes me feel alive, or half dead, but if i figure its better to be knackered, it's got to be working then...right? xx

Wedding plans are not going that well. We've actually had the longest engagement in history, he proposed New Years Day 1998! Just never got round to it! I have got the dress on order, bridesmaid dresses and headwear sorted. None of us have shoes or jewellery. No menswear sorted. Have cake lady, but not sorted it yet. No flowers yet, going to try to do ourselves which leaves me mixed with excitement and panic, no real plans on that yet. Have picked menu, but not alcohol. Not bought alcohol needed for ceremony toast. Rings on order. No clear hair plans or nail plans yet. No transport confirmed, although think a friend of family will be doing it. Have booked photographer and make-up for me, need to do pre-shoot and trial in a few weeks apparently. No confirmed seating plan as just added 4 more so need to re-jig it. Not really clear on exact theme/decor yet but have vague ideas. No music for any of it sorted. (no disco- doing ipod music at reception and games- which also are not organised) No honeymoon planned yet........eeekk! Having a panic now, haven't really written it down before and that seems like a lot to do in such a short space of time. Oh hell, I'm sure it'll come together eventually. Problem being, there is no-one else to do anything, i don't have a perfectly reliable best friend or anything to pass stuff to. My mom is my main helper and she has been away on hols and is very busy still as my nan is still poorly .No point panicking i guess, just start doing. Just not sure where to start really. Yes, i do know.....by ignoring it and going to prance around my lounge for an hour! Ignorance is bliss.... (if i really can ignore the growing sense of doom in the pit of my stomach, which actually makes me feel a bit nauseous.....:jelous:!)

Speak soon xx

Crikey, having a browse and just realising how quiet it is on here compared to pre x-mas. Doesn't even seem to be many 'newbies ' to the board. What a shame. Make me feel bad for being away, but i guess thats just life. xx

Butterfly, your wedding plans sound lovely. What l found helped with organising mine (long time ago!) was buying a binder & some clear plastic pockets, used a separate one for each thing l had to book, it was handy for keeping all the info & receipts in order & you have it afterwards as a momento of your wedding planning.

Hey butterfly, Don't panic hun, my sis organised her wedding in about 10 weeks, it's totally doable! The best way to approach it is to write an entire list of things to do and pick one per day to ponder and one to take action on, tick them as they go along and you'll be organised in no time.

Hope the prance around the living helped with the shaking off the doom!

Have a great day hun!

xx

Hey! I sound the opposite and believe me it makes you no less panicked. I'm a really worrier and control freak, so I wanted to sort everything so that it's out of the way and I don't worry, but doing it all made me worry!!!

Sounds like you have a fair bit done. As long as you look good and there's food and drink, that's all that matters :)

If you want any ideas just shout - it is all consuming and it's all I think about. Was going to do my own flowers from a wholesaler, but cost wasn't that different than finding a good local florist. Also less stress.

I don't really have anyone to help as such, but have palmed things off on people lol. BF designed and ordered save the date cards and invites. Dad organised photographer (his profession, so he got a friend) and the band (people he knows). BF's Sister is an amazing hairdressers and she's doing everyone's hair.

Agree about the list - or can you get a wedding planner book thing? I love mine :)

Back