My metamorphosis log - final stage

Congratulations Butterfly, exciting news to finally get round to doing "IT"

If you know what you want for your day just work at getting that. I knew what type of relaxed atmosphere I wanted and how we wanted (hopefully) our guests to feel and we worked back from there. And we had the best roast beef dinner I have ever had, yum. Ooh, look how my wedding memory revolves around food (and champagne!!)

Am sure you will make a lovely bride - as will all the other girlies on here planning their big days xxx

Thanks all, some great ideas. Lists to be compiled now then, defintely makes sense. I sort of know what i want. Its the little things like table settings/ decor and pulling together colour scheme that i can't quite pin down. Spend forever browsing ideas and almost get to many ideas, that it never turns into action. Our reception venue had a fabulous write up this month in the shropshire magazine, which is good. Especially considering i have never eaten there!
Wales, how lovely to hear from you? How are things with you. Haven't found your diary yet, although are you still just popping on now and then? Hope all is going well for you.
Did hour of Nell last night and again tonight. Really didn't want to tonight but glab i did as it felt good once i did. Little madam woke me at 520am this morning and would not go back to sleep. Did swear i'd have an early night tonight to make up for it - ooops! Be back to waffle soon. Busy tomorrow visisting nan in hospital, and if i get chance having some choice words with incompetant doctors....joy. Off to bed xx

Useless few days diet wise, so not really that impressed with myself. Just not planning meals or having enough time so relied on quick stuff which haven't been fantastic choices. Ended up snacking at work on biscuits or munching on a few crackers instead of having meals. Seem to be staying the same though. Going to make today a restart and make a point of cal counting instead of guesswork- always makes a difference.
Exercise going ok though. Did hour per day of Nell. Was going to do when i got home this morning ( i am at work at end of night shift) but i have just developed the most awful muscular ache up the middle of my back, I'm not sure i can face it now. Just really want to sleep. been stuckon p.c most of the night which hasn't helped. May have day off and just go to bed. Should be using break to do wedding stuff really but can't be bothered.
Visit with Nan went well. Out of hospital again. Met with Aunt too to plan flowers which was inspiring. Definatly going to do all our own flowers. Nan's excited which is great, - takes her mind off the cancer for a bit. Mind you, she's one of those 'get on with it' women, so don't think she really thinks about it that much. Which is probably a good thing. I am tired and waffling, so going to go. xx

Butterfly, hope your back is better soon, l'd definately have a non-exercise day/rest day today, you don't want to cause more harm than good.
When l've taken a day off, at first l felt a bit guilty, but now l don't as l've realised the next time l've exercised l feel stronger and fitter, taking a day or two off hasn't set me back at all.

Glad to hear your Gran is in good spirits and is enjoying hearing about your wedding plans.

Hey buttlerfly,

Sorry to hear your nan is nor well but good that she's feeling ok right now.

Glad to hear the exercise is going well, but shame about the back...i'm going back to gym today after my pt session 3 days ago! my thighs are still not right so going to take it easy again and see how it goes!

The planning food thing really works better for me too otherwise i can justify having all sorts of nonsense goings-on, i like know ahead of time what i'm having later! sounds daft but helps me.

Take it easy today hun, sounds like you need a rest!

xx

Hey - I am the same with table planning and stuff - think there are just too many ideas out there. I'd like someone else to sort it all!

Sorry to hear about your Nan, but she sounds like a fighter.

You sound as shattered as I feel!

Thanks everyone for your comments. Not going to waffle too much as I am tired. Just finished night shift and ready to catch some zzzz's as booked on for overtime tonight. Did i mention weddings are ridiculously expensive too!!!?? Just realised, reading back i was a right moaner the other day...sorry! (Note to self not to write when tired) Food still not great but will get back to it, not too worried. Hope everyone has a lovely day xx

Hey Buttefly, How's it going, hope all is well!

x

Hey Butterfly, hope it's going okay hun xxx

Hi all, thanks for you messages and sorry for my absence. Just been a bit busy and not been near pc for a few days. Just a quick hello, will pop back tomorrow to share my latest. Have to fall into bed before i sleep at the table, long, long day... No loss, slight gain, idiot binging. Back on track with vengence today. I will see 10stone or a bit under again if it kills me.....! It may take forever but i won't give up. I felt good about myself at that weight. Despite my better judgement and past promises to myself i am considering more drastic measures..... see how next few days go. Back soon. xx

Hi all,
having busy few days as usual, running about after family and trying to fit in wedding planning. Had a bad few food days, mini munchies because i was too disorganised to plan proper meals. Gained a bit. I seem to gain stupid amounts which do not seem to really relate to the amounts of food i eat....sometimes. Anyway, was back on track and started doing an 810-1000 thing 2 days ago.

Then disaster struck.......my Wedding Dress has arrived at the shop!! They want me to go for a fitting at least 5-6 weeks before so alterations can be made. When i originally ordered it the woman said this could wait until 3-4 weeks before so shocked that i have less time than thought. Have sort of agreed to try to fit it in week beginning 12th July. Will try to put it off another week if i can! So that only leaves me 2.5 weeks to lose about a stone. Not sure they'd be too impressed if i had a fitting and then lost even more.

So, although it is not what i would really want to do, i am resorting to drastic measures and doing an ss+/810type thing. Yesterday had 3 supplements and a small ham salad from morrisons cafe. It did have a tiny blob of coleslaw and some cherry tomatoes, and i guess ham isn't exactly 'allowed', but like i said its my own version. Figure as long as i keep any foods low carb/high protein it should be ok. Not too bothered about getting into ketosis, just need to lose the pounds. Although i s'pose it would help to stop hunger. Bit wary about going too low on cals, as i do not want the hair loss to happen again, especially this close to wedding. So far i am also using combination of leftover cd shakes/tesco shakes and 'dropweight' soups. Taking cider vinegar, kelp and vits too when i remember. I know it sounds a bit chaotic and unplanned, but i know that if i don't get to the 10stone mark for the wedding it will always be something i will kick myself for, especially as it so readily achievable. There are also some people in my family who think i look 'better' at 11stone than 10stone, and this just annoys me so much, a smidge of vanity in me ( i am not normally a beauty/hair etc. sort of person) really wants to just have that day where i feel, and hopefully look, lovely, and can ignore all those type of comments. Why do people do that, i wonder?

Anyway, got loads to do now too, panicking slighty. Been searching for honeymoon to no avail, still got to get shoes/ underwear/ sort out colour/cut/trial, then move onto table stuff/ entertainment. It has come round way too quick, and i have loads of overtime shifts booked in too!

Off to browse diaries a bit more, and try to search for hols. At work and things are quiet. Can't wait for bed. xx

I CANNOT SLEEP! So i am stamping my feet and having a grumpy moment. Had about 3hre when OH and DD managed to clomp around like elephants and wake me up. Then haven't got back of since.

Got all caught up browsing for honeymoon, its driving me mad. Any advice appreciated. Want to go for sun/beach holiday, DD(will be 4) is with us. Fancy an all-inclusive, entertainment clubs for DD, pools, lots or restaurants , on beach type hotel, but do still want to be in area with plenty to see/ do/ visit without having to drive for half a day. We like being able to mingle with locals and hate the 'brits abroad' stuff. Need a max 4 hr flight. Haven't been abroad with DD since she was 1, and i just don't know where to begin. OH was fancying Bulgaria/Croatia, but i'm not sure.....

Anyway, when i got in this morning i ended up nibbling a slice of cheese, handful of nuts, and 4 raisins, 1 breadstick and tin of tuna. Wierd breakfast i know, but was happy with it. Have just had a shake, and feel pleasantly satisfied. It was a ProMX Diet shake, strawberry flavour and it was quite pleasant. Has a wierd malty/ horlicks taste to it which is a bit odd, but not horrid.

Out of curiosity i jumped on scales and its showing me at 10st 10.4lb!!!! A loss of 4lb in 2 days. I know most of its water, but it still feels great. Incentive to keep going.

Off to try to catch a bit more sleep, else i am so going to feel like crap in the middle of my night shift. xx

No idea of honeymoon sorry. We're doing Mauritius. Depends on time of year I guess, but we also wanted the AI, beach thing for honeymoon. Try not to stress too much - it will all come together.

Diet sounds like it's going really well for you.

I know exactly what you mean about getting to 10 stone. It's where I want to be for the wedding. When you see other people talking on here about losing 6lbs etc then it looks so achievable, so it can be done and you're well on track :)

Hi again,
Thanks Liz. Oooohh, I would love to do Mauritius or Maldives. Just couldn't face going on hols without DD, and figured that would have to be a strictly grown-ups holiday. So this one is just about fun and family.

Still going well diet wise. Still doing my own variation. Had a tesco bar at lunch, have nibbled on leftover barbeque meats for tea and going to have another shake before bed. Was down to 10st 8.4lb this morning, so a total of 6lb in 4 full days. Very happy. Have even snuck into ketosis without realising. Well, it sort of dawned on me when my mouth felt and smelt revolting.....back to the mouthwash and breathspray for me!

Hate that time constantly seems against me at the moment. Have booked self in for more overtime this week, so hardly seeing my OH, gorgeous girl and not having time to do Wedding stuff, which is getting a bit desperate. Off to shop tomorrow with mom for her to show me some outfit choices for her that she's put to one side. I'm looking foreward to it, but also think.....hey...what about the stuff i need to do?!!

Have not got any summer clothes, as they were size 18/20 last year, so need to at least get stuff for hols. Trying to hit the sales at present. It is so lovely to be able to buy what i want and not just tent sized stuff! My new experience of the week: I have worn a strapless top out in public!!! Ok, so my arms are still floppy but i can live with it now. Its the firsttime in my adult life and it felt great. I will still never ever wear shorts or short skirts, legs will never be acceptable, but i can live with that.

Off to consider early night. Back soon xx

Heey butterfly look at your huge weight loss in a small amount of days chic.!! well done

Hope you have fun shopping with your mum today x

Hey Butterfly,
Fantastic news on the weight loss hun, well done! Hope you have great fun shopping for lovely summer stuff in new size, it's great to be able to go in any shop now isn't it!
You sound so busy at the moment, hope you find some time for you!

Have a fab day!
x

Really the 30th in my head as its a night shift. Good day shopping today with mom. She got an outfit but its not quite what she wanted so may need to do more browsing. It was fun, and easier that doing anything that i should be doing for myself, as i didn't have to really make any major choices.
DD was so cute last night, started going on about things that sting as i was settling her into bed. She concluded that you should never ever touch jellyfish. Then asked..."Mommy, why don't jellyfish have eyes?" Now i have no idea where she has got all this jellyfish info from, but i was gobsmacked and highly amused. It amazes me the stuff she can come out with at this age. (4 in august)
Going to attempt to find piccys of hairstyles for wedding tonight so can book appt for colour/cut and trial. have NO idea at all what i want. Got bobbed naturally curlyish (i straighten) thin hair, chin length. All the styles are long, big curls stuff and not sure i want that. I have a veil and tiara to muck around with too...... wish i was a bit nore girly sometimes.
Diet all good, nibbled meat and nuts today, a few raisins, a tesco bar. Down on the fluid for past two days so trying to make up for it now, decaf coffee will have to count. Just going to have some tuna/cottage cheese, need to have a shake too. Still in ketosis. Get so paranoid about being too close to people. My OH is very honest about how bad it can be at times.
I was wondering if i have dress fitting, do i have to stop losing weight. If I'm not where i want to be i want to be able to carry on but not sure if they would re-alter it if needed. Will have to ask....
Going to continue diary browsing then off to do some work. xx

Morning hun,

Glad you had a good shopping day! Your little girl sounds so lovely, i love the ramblings of little ones sooo cute!

Have a fab day hun!
x

Back