My Mostly Green diary!

lisa2 said:
Thank you. In the last week I've become vegetarian.......never used to eat meat much anyway but I've also now cut out fish... It's actually much harder than I thought due to all the hidden things like gelatine etc! I will have to seek your diary out for ideas x

Welcome to veggie-dom! It is hard to start with when you're watching out for hidden, non-veggie ingredients but you'll get used to it soon enough.

Gelatine is the main one but keep an eye out for cochineal too (animal based red colouring - it's not so commonly used these days fortunately) and animal rennet in cheese. Parmesan is a nightmare, I've only ever found one vegetarian parmesan-like cheese and pre-made pesto is usually off limits too. There are so many wonderful veggie recipes though, you'll be spoiled for choice x

Having 2 boiled eggs as a snack......Chocolate is calling me yet again so I figure this is much better for me! Why haven't these cravings gone yet??! lol

Congrats on becoming veggie ;) The gelatin and hidden stuff thing is a nightmare! But you'll get use to checking labels and stuff :)

Green day

A- 200ml choc oatly drink
A- milk
B- 2 weetabix
B- ww petit pain

Breakfast- weetabix with choc milk and chopped banana
Coffee

Lunch- mushroom omelette and baked beans
Grapes
Apple

Dinner- not really in the mood but gonna have quorn sausage in a ww petit pain.....maybe a few roast potatoes on the side

Syns- alpen light 3
Quorn sausage 1
*planned*
Vanilla ice cream 3
Small flake 2.5

Last edited:
cheekychinchilla said:
Congrats on becoming veggie ;) The gelatin and hidden stuff thing is a nightmare! But you'll get use to checking labels and stuff :)

I never thought I would have to stop eating certain yogurts and things but it makes you think......even some bread has fish things in! Madness.

X

lisa2 said:
I never thought I would have to stop eating certain yogurts and things but it makes you think......even some bread has fish things in! Madness.

X

And wine and beer too! It's a minefield but you'll get there and veggie cooking can be so creative and fun x

Messed up last night although it could've been much much worse!!
Had 1.5 glasses of rose, freddo and a few chocolate fingers!!! But I guess I can just reduce my syns a bit over the week.....why do we do this huh?!

A- milk
A-
B-special k chewy bar *tweak*
B-

Breakfast- peach, banana, grapes with activia ff yogurt
Coffee

Lunch-

*harvester and it wasn't a good choice.......and had ice cream after.....really annoyed at myself!!*

Dinner-

Syns- millions.....

Bad bad day! Back on track tomorrow!!

Last edited:
Well yesterday was a bad day but I'm drawing a line and getting back on it!!

A-milk
A-
B-
B-

Breakfast- banana, peach and activia ff yogurt
Coffee

Lunch-

Dinner-

Syn-

Someone slap me please!! Or at least take all this food away from me!!!
Another bad day involving a cheese and onion pasty and various chocolate things *sigh*
5lbs away from target for gods sake!! Gonna write a meal plan for tomorrow I think.

cheekychinchilla said:
It's horrible when these days jump on us one after the other. But you can get it back. and, like you said, you're soooo close to target! You can do it :D

Thank you. I'm blaming the boyfriend and kids lol.. how dare they leave their chocolate laying around! Gonna try aim for a Sts on Saturday so must resist all this bad stuff. X

A-milk
A-45g half fat cheese
B- 6 wholegrain crackerbread
B-2 alpen lights

Breakfast- banana and peach
2 boiled eggs

Lunch- carrot and coriander soup with crackerbread
Apple
Grapes

Dinner- sw chips and a 2 egg omelette with 45g half fat cheese

Syns- quorn burger 0.5

*planned*
Hot choc 2
Half fat aerosol cream 2
Mini marshmallows 1
Small flake 3

Last edited:
Whoop 100% day yesterday!! I have weigh in tomorrow...Eeeek

A- milk
A- 45g half fat cheese
B-6 wholegrain crackerbread
B- 2 alpen lights

Breakfast- banana, grapes, Apple and activia ff yogurt

Lunch- carrot and coriander soup and crackerbread

2 alpen lights

Dinner-
Gonna have half a cheese and broccoli pasta n sauce with added mushrooms, 45g half fat cheese and 2 quorn sticky fillets.

Syns- pasta 0.5
Ice cream 3
Marshmallows 1
Small flake 3

Last edited:
WinkOfPink_ said:
LOL! This made me laugh! I've found myself saying the same... "how dare you bring cake into this house.......and then FORCE me to eat it" ;) Lol xx

Exactly!! Lol. Would help if I learnt to say no but I suppose we need a treat sometimes. X

Weigh in first thing in the morning and I would love to lose but would be happy with a Sts after the stuff I've eaten this week!

I Sts.....better than a gain I suppose but I was secretly hoping for a lb off lol.
Gonna hopefully have a good week so I can get a big loss next week.

A- milk
A- 45g half fat cheese
B-2 alpen lights
B-2 ryvita fruit crunch

Breakfast- 2 alpen lights, banana, grapes and a activia ff yogurt
Coffee

Lunch- low fat sweet chilli supernoodles
Apple

2 boiled eggs as a snack....it was that or chocolate

Not feeling too good at the moment, woke up with a sore throat and cold but now I'm feeling quite weak and shaky.... Hoping it'll pass soon.

Dinner- Gonna have a bowl of quorn Swedish style meatballs in a sauce made from Tinned tomatoes, onion, celery, herbs and spices.

Syns- oil- 0.5
Ice cream sundae 8

I'm gonna do a little test tonight and have some whisky but not count the syns...kinda like a treat after weigh in.....if it affects next weeks wi then I won't do it again.

Last edited:
Green

A-milk
A-
B- 2 alpen lights
B-

Breakfast- Banana, nectarine, grapes and activia ff yogurt
Coffee

Lunch- 2 alpen lights

Dinner- will be roast potatoes, 2 quorn sausages, lots of veg, gravy and 2 yorkshire puddings also 2 stuffing balls

Syns- sausages- 2
Gravy-
Yorkshire-

Last edited:
Well I've decided today to try weight watchers for a week as sw isn't fitting in with my social life...will keep this diary though as I do tend to swap between sw and ww a lot.

Ww day!

Breakfast-

Fruit 0pp
Activia ff yogurt 2pp

Lunch- ww bagel 4pp
Soft cheese 2pp
Small skimmed latte at costa 2pp

Peach

Dinner- square wrap 4pp
Half fat cheese 4pp
3tbsp reggae sauce 1pp
Lots of rocket 0pp

Peppermint tea

Gonna have a crunchie later for 5pp and a hot choc 1pp with marshmallows 1pp

26/26
25/49

Had a good food day today although my square wrap pizza could've done with less cheese lol...other than that I've really enjoyed it. I'm gonna put that I've used half my weeklies already as I would like Saturday to still be my weigh in and I had whisky etc that night, yes I could put it down as a treat night but I want to do this properly.

Last edited:
Back